Elgin vs Arbroath

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157667725006186

Photographs from the game - if you can dare look.

I feel like we have genuinely deteriorated over the past 9 matches and I'm really disappointed if there is truth behind the rumour we are letting go of Fleming.  He is one of the best keepers we have had at Gayfield in recent years and there is always a player merry go round in the close season, but he is one player we should be keeping hold of.

See you in July.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The decline of Arbroath must be massively worrying for Arbroath fans. It wasn't that long ago that I can remember Paul Sheerin's squad being of a different class to every other squad in the league. Were you lot not clear for the title at one point last season?

What a pathetic bunch some Mo fans are... I pity them. What we have endured for a season and a half they have had to suffer that for 20 years! #prayforthem

I'm reminded of a story. Two friends are talking in a pub and one says to the other: "you see him over there. His wife only allows him to make love to her one night a year." Looking across, his friend sees the man and can't help noticing, he's got this massive grin on his face, prompting the friend to ask: "What's he got to be so happy about then?"

To which came the reply: "Tonight's the night!"

The view from up here, four points clear, is simply breath-taking and we're loving it!  8)

The decline of Arbroath must be massively worrying for Arbroath fans. It wasn't that long ago that I can remember Paul Sheerin's squad being of a different class to every other squad in the league. Were you lot not clear for the title at one point last season?

We're feeling bad enough as it is WAE without you bringing up the implosion of last season :rolleyes:.I  would like to wish Elgin good luck in the play offs but the thought of having to play Cowdenbeath 4 times next season is not a pleasant one,good luck anyway Elgin always had a soft spot for you.

Not really no.

Lumsden signed a load of shite and they'll be gone as we speak.

Flemings a bombscare. Get him to f**k.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157667725006186

Photographs from the game - if you can dare look.

I feel like we have genuinely deteriorated over the past 9 matches and I'm really disappointed if there is truth behind the rumour we are letting go of Fleming. He is one of the best keepers we have had at Gayfield in recent years and there is always a player merry go round in the close season, but he is one player we should be keeping hold of.

See you in July.

Fleming has made some fantastic saves in games but has let in some of the softest goals we have seen, East Fife goal with ball bouncing over his head springs to mind. Would rather have a solid keeper who does the basic stuff right rather than one who can make great saves then lose soft goals.

Not really no.

Lumsden signed a load of shite and they'll be gone as we speak.

Flemings a bombscare. Get him to f**k.

We seemed to defend better under Lumsden, Fleming looked a decent keeper then, now a mistake a game, but not sure a mid forties Rab Douglas is the solution

Fleming has made some fantastic saves in games but has let in some of the softest goals we have seen, East Fife goal with ball bouncing over his head springs to mind. Would rather have a solid keeper who does the basic stuff right rather than one who can make great saves then lose soft goals.

Don't get me wrong I like Fleming but that sums it up well for me.

Not just that one, but Clyde and Annan in the weeks before and after too, ridiculous goals to lose. Been plenty of that from him over the season, capable of a worldie but too prone to silly basic mistakes.

We seemed to defend better under Lumsden, Fleming looked a decent keeper then, now a mistake a game, but not sure a mid forties Rab Douglas is the solution

Seasons been over since we beat the Shire 3-0 at Gayfield.

Good luck in the playoffs Elgin. Will be gutting to lose two visits to BB but reckon over the piece you deserve a crack at L1.

As for Arbroath: ho ho! The league table does not lie. Crap team, crap manager, crap bunnet, crap ground, crap chipper.

Enjoy the neck ache.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Good luck in the playoffs Elgin. Will be gutting to lose two visits to BB but reckon over the piece you deserve a crack at L1.

As for Arbroath: ho ho! The league table does not lie. Crap team, crap manager, crap bunnet, crap ground, crap chipper.

Enjoy the neck ache.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

That's a total minter by the way, everything you said also applies to Montrose, but, atleast you'll be able to console yourself with this over the next 20 years of nothingness in the bottom/highland league

My mate watches east fife and told me that Fleming was a bomb scare with them. Pulls of some photo saves but makes basic howlers. I think Millar took his place at east fife but had a few injuries which never gave him a good run. You can see how they got rid of him

Good luck in the play offs...

As for us, the appointment of Lumsden was a mistake and he should have been sacked long before he actually was.

Anyway Campbell was not given a transfer windown to do any deals, leaving him with little to work with.

Not worried as things will change for the better next season, as a club we are bigger and better than the past season and a half.

Yesterday's performance on the pitch was horrendous, although hearing that Little and Hester had agreed to come back next season made it better. Disappointing that only a few players came right over to the fans at the end, and also that a few players (Sergio, Stewart etc) weren't they to get a proper farewell. Good luck to Elgin in the play-offs.

Think Arbroath will be much stronger next season and for me, we should be worrying about how we are going to improve rather than our neighbours for next season.

Good crowd yesterday, Elgin just slightly smaller than Arbroath which I find slightly surprising, a good season and a promotion might boost future attendances...?

Think it's safe to say we won't be top of the attendance (although our average of 650 is superb considering tbh) league this season. Elgin most be up around 750/800.

Think Arbroath will be much stronger next season and for me, we should be worrying about how we are going to improve rather than our neighbours for next season.

Correct... I feel certain Mo fans are quite happy with signing a lot of this seasons squad... a squad that just finished above the worst Arbroath team in many years and an often dreadful Shire.

If I was a Mo fan, I would be very concerned about next season... but thank goodness I am not! Arbroath will

be more fit for the purpose... :-)

Archived