Malta v Scotland

tartanspark

On 7/14/2016 at 21:14, Marshmallo said:

I'd go

Marshall

Whittaker Martin Hanley Robertson

Ritchie McArthur Fletcher Snodgrass

Rhodes McCormack

Play a narrow midfield and let the full backs provide width. Plenty creativity there.

Problem with that is Whittaker isn't as good going forward as Hutton. I'd go for Anya at right back.

If we were to build our team on our strengths it has to be in midfield. We have Morrison, D.Fletcher and McArthur playing in the Premiership, not a lot of creativity though!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Problem with that is Whittaker isn't as good going forward as Hutton. I'd go for Anya at right back.

If we were to build our team on our strengths it has to be in midfield. We have Morrison, D.Fletcher and McArthur playing in the Premiership, not a lot of creativity though!

Which is what we already do, much as some people seem to hate it.  Our midfielders aren't the greatest, but they're still where our strengths lie.  Hence why we play five of them - two to shield our weak defence, and three in front of them to make up for the lack of a real deadly striker.  It's also why Fletcher is our best option up front.  

2 hours ago, conley said:

In answer to your question about your team beating Malta???...No.

That game is not for wholesale experimentation. Don't have any doubt, Malta will be a hard game for us.

Any talk so far of a warm up or follow up game?

Perhaps a confidence-building goalfest* vs Andorra might get the team in the right frame of mind for taking care of Malta

*2-1 Scotland, no doubt.

the fact Fletcher is seen as best option up front is a big reason we are so bad............Kris Boyd was lazy and slow but at least he was good for a goal, Fletcher you are lucky if he can get more than a handful.........That said, if the option is him or another Strachan lovechild like Chris Martin then I would through gritted teeth support Fletcher all the way as Martin is quite possibly one of the worst ive ever seen wear a Scotland shirt.

the fact Fletcher is seen as best option up front is a big reason we are so bad............Kris Boyd was lazy and slow but at least he was good for a goal, Fletcher you are lucky if he can get more than a handful.........That said, if the option is him or another Strachan lovechild like Chris Martin then I would through gritted teeth support Fletcher all the way as Martin is quite possibly one of the worst ive ever seen wear a Scotland shirt.

You are obviously a new scotland fan.

I saw kevin kyle and graeme murty

Small allocation.
Small island ( it smaller than Arran),
Almost everyone will be staying Sliema / Valetta, which basically touch either other ( like Irvine and Kilwinning ),

Perfect for 100% collection.

48 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Small allocation.
Small island ( it smaller than Arran),
Almost everyone will be staying Sliema / Valetta, which basically touch either other ( like Irvine and Kilwinning ),

Perfect for 100% collection.

100% collection for 4000+ people :1eye

9 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Personally not overly bothered........

Just might reduce the Harvesting Bleating if they could

There will never be 100% pick up anywhere IMO.  Whether it be in Japan with 50 tickets or England with 10,000 tickets.  I don't think there will be too much harvesting for this game, know loads of folk who are going, however myself (7 points) and a mate (10 points) aren't going and we don't really need to do it.  Booked up for Slovakia so get a point back there anyway before London.

Archived