Malta v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in Aberdeen after a great trip to Malta. A lively place with a warm, hospitable and welcoming people. Drank and ate well, a lovely heat for the fans.

As for the game, a good result given the difficulties Malta caused Italy and Croatia last campaign. Snodgrass was clearly our man of the match, having a great game. Two full backs acquitted themselves well also.

Not quite sure what to make of Oliver Burke yet. Direct player but still pretty raw yet. Given Matt Ritchie a lot of stick but two good assists, the first of which was a delicious ball.

The only negative is the porous defence as usual. But there are no better options available presently.

Good start to the campaign and a real boost to see some fresher blood in the team.

3 minutes ago, Mccaughey85 said:

Whats everyones views on maloney, i think he should still be in the squad, he was one of our best performers last campaign and stated he would always turn out for scotland until he was told not too.

Wouldn't have much of an issue him being involved in squads.  Not sure we need him though.  Left backs and attacking midfielders are where we don't need to worry. 

12 hours ago, Mccaughey85 said:

Whats everyones views on maloney, i think he should still be in the squad, he was one of our best performers last campaign and stated he would always turn out for scotland until he was told not too.

Didn't he score about 4 in the last campaign? He also had a very good assist rate.

Him and Griffiths would start every game in my team.

On 02/09/2016 at 18:48, Jamaldo said:

Would probably be best not to schedule an old firm game right after a Scotland qualifier if we're going to keep getting this carry-on.

Lee Griffiths pulling out with "a knock". Fucking bullcrap. He couldn't be arsed, nor could Wallace. f**k them.

On 02/09/2016 at 19:24, Jamaldo said:

Surely you can shake off a knock for one game against fucking Malta? It's the same shit every campaign.

You`d think he`d have managed to shake off his knock by now. Obviously can`t be arsed playing against Rangers or Barca either.

Im my opinion Griffiths is desperate to play for Scotland and any suggestion that he feigned injury to miss out on the Malta game in order to rest up for the Old Firm was an insult to the boy.

I think it says more about the people making that suggestion than anything else.

You`d think he`d have managed to shake off his knock by now. Obviously can`t be arsed playing against Rangers or Barca either.

You can make that post with the benefit of hindsight but people were right to be suspicious given our history of players pulling out.

Archived