Your most hated players in Scotland just now

Hammer Jag

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly my point in your first sentence, just because he plays for the Old Firm shouldn't mean he's any more of anything. Jason Cummings for example acts like a spoiled brat on the pitch yet that's acceptable.. Stomping his feet in anger at refs etc... There's alot of them but hey ho

It's not because he plays for one of the OF though. I actually really liked Ferguson and I love Kenny Miller too, I've liked plenty of Rangers players in the past but Halliday is a wee horrible deluded ned.

Also Cummings for me is an extremely likeable character too. Acting like a spoiled brat isn't a reason to hate a player. If that was the case everybody would absolutely hate Ronaldo. Talking of spoiled brats Miller must be one of the moaniest players I've ever seen, do you hate him?

So he is hated for loving the club he supports lol? Sounds like anger at a persons success tbh, no other reason for people to hate him when hes not said anything controversial

Andy Halliday hates the pope so he is up there in my book with legends of the game such as Malcolm and Broadfoot.

_48907631_imrie_466.jpg

Dougie was superb for Lanark. Wee bit under appreciated player at senior level in my opinion with a cracking left foot.

Was mooted to be moving to Motherwell on a few different occasions over the years, would have been the better option than repeatedly signing James McFadden based on past glories.

I liked Dougie Imrie when he played for us, he's a good player and I think he improved after leaving us.  I can see why people hate him though, he's just a niggly, annoying petit merde.  He had an epic heads gone for us in the Challenge Cup final, booting a Dundee player in the air after being subbed on.

I also liked Imrie at Clyde but like Chris I can understand why people hate him. Especially after the Ross McCabe incident when folk were clutching at straws saying it was deliberate.

Bit of an unknown when he joined us but he's went on to be fairly successful.

Question for any Hamilton fan reading this, I take it the past has been forgotten about since he signed for you lot?

1) Scott Brown - what puposes does he offer? Strolls around and looks angry as far as I can tell.

2) Barrie McKay - talented, but had a monumentally shite attitude during his loan spell.

3) Josh Falkingham - a diver. That gif of the Ross County player bodying him is good.

4) Allan Walker - had a meltdown when we released him after two poor seasons, calling the club an embarrassment. Strangely enough, the real embarassment is Allan Walker's career since (and his ridiculous screechy shouting during games).

Genuinely can't think a 5th.

You'll enjoy some of the tackles he receives in this one... 1.23 and 3.52 in particular

Falkingham is an AFC legend. I know somebody that named their kid after him. When the Cowdenbeath fans hate him to the point of being seething messes every time his names mentioned you just have to admit he really is a decent guy.

Falkingham is an AFC legend. I know somebody that named their kid after him. When the Cowdenbeath fans hate him to the point of being seething messes every time his names mentioned you just have to admit he really is a decent guy.

He has calmed right down - still a tough wee player but doesn't get involved in much trouble. There are still plenty of players who go out to wind him up but he doesn't bite. Might be a different story in the Championship with all these new teams to wind up.  

1 - Josh Falkingham ;)

2 - Scott Brown

3 - Lee McCulloch (he still playing?)

That's all I can think of right now.  Throw in Falkingham as #4 and #5.

You'll enjoy some of the tackles he receives in this one... 1.23 and 3.52 in particular

Good efforts, particularly the first.

The second red cracks me up. You can almost hear the guy screaming "f**k this wee c**t" as he starts sprinting towards him for the inevitable.

They don't quite hit the heights of that Stirling Albion boy's tackle on Ian Black, which is surely the standard for awful challenges. Suspect Ian Black would've made every list on here as well if he'd still played in Scotland.

Josh single handedly turning the whole Peterhead team into seething messes. How could any of them complain about the 1st never mind the fucking second!!!!!

The best red out of the three was the third one. Gregor Buchanan standing o the boy's toes (Jordan Brown?), only for him to lash out and get sent off. Fud. 

Re the second foul on Josh, I mind he put in a similar challenge against Raith on Eddie Malone. It was in the first 30 seconds of the game, and it was such a "let them know you're there"/"make the first tackle a good one" challenge. It wasn't as dangerous as the Peterhead one, but it was similar in that he had no intention of winning the ball, he just wanted to fucking leather the boy. 

I was going to ask why so many people hate Josh, and then I remembered about challenges like that. 

Archived