2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Fair play to some boy from .net.  This videos class

I’ve been no well for a few days with some sickness bug and just getting back up to health today.....not enough to stop me greeting at the scenes in the first couple of mins of this especially the guy on the floor in the pub.

I’m nearly crying again just typing this out.

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

It's good that you're willing to talk about it now but I don't think we call Rangers fans glory hunters anymore. It's more akin to self harming these days.

Rangers fans are glory hunters. They just haven't found it yet.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Radio reaction after the final

Leeann getting Chick telt. :lol: 

3:00 on the second video:
Willie Miller spluttering a salty soliloquy only to be drowned out by the delirious Hampden Hibbies singing 'Glory Glory To The Hibees'.

'I would like(AT) to(EAST-) con(-ER)grat(ROAD)ul(THEY)ate (PLAY)Hibs – for (WHEN) their(HIBS) perfor(WENT)mance(UP) and(TO) their (LIFT)resil(THE)ience (SCOT-) in(-TISH) – (CUP) fight(WE)ing(WERE) back(THERE) to(WE) lift (WERE)the tro(THERE)phy – BUT (WHEN)since (HIBS)the (WENT)final (UP) - whis(TO)tle I(LIFT) didn't(THE) think (SCOT-)we(-TISH) would (CUP) see(WE) scenes like(THERE) this (WE)ever (WERE)again (THERE)in my lifetime – I(AS) think(HIBS) it's (GO)depr(MARCH-)ess(-ING)ing for(OOOOO-) the(-OOOO-) game(-OONNNNN) – I think, eh... it's (GLO-) some(-RY)thing that(GLO-) we (-RY)don't (TO)want(THE) to(HIIIII-) see (-IIIIIIIIII-)I'm(-IIIIIIII-) sure(BEEEEE-) they'll(-EEEEEEE-) be (-EEEEEEES)flashed 'round the world...'

There was a lot of 'set us back decades' chat when the Scottish media described the Hibees' celebrations... The only decade reminiscent of 'The Gray Day At Hampden' is the 1900s, when the Hibees celebrated another Scottish Cup win by invading the Celtic Park pitch.

(Before Hibernian hammered Hibernia's hernias (Celtc) in the 1902 final, Hibs were victorious against a former Victori*** side in the semi-final at Ibrox. One-hundred-and-fourteen years later, with Elizabeth II on the throne, Rangers II set us back decades by freely singing sectarian songs and roaming in the goading.)

edited to add: 'GGTTH' was the most rousing rendition of all the hymns chanted that day: 

'I ONLY WANT TO SAY THE SCOTTISH CUP IS IN THE BAG!'

The roar of that line was the moment that reality returned; Hibs had won the Scottish Cup – albeit the runners-up medals were 'in the bag', bestowed on the brave Rangers players after they walked away with their heads held in their hands.

Edited by Mon Dieu

• 4 months later...

What a great thread. Just sprinted through the first 40 pages and gave out some greens to various bams. 

Ayr United fans giving it big licks back then. f**k me, Ayr United. The Espanyol of Ayrshire.

5 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

What a great thread. Just sprinted through the first 40 pages and gave out some greens to various bams. 

Ayr United fans giving it big licks back then. f**k me, Ayr United. The Espanyol of Ayrshire.

Read it all from start to finish. It’s the best thread on this website. 

• 4 months later...

Not been bumped in a while, was just watching the highlights from this game again.

ETA - Tom English, who is normal very good, said on Sportscene the following night the following:

"The attacks on the Rangers players, the MULTIPLE attacks on the Rangers players, were scandalous.  Mind-alteringly disgraceful......you would call them surreal if they weren't very very real"

ORLY Tom?

Edited by Dindeleux

I watched this game in a pub owned by Walter Smith and at the final whistle folk were absolutely seething at the ****** b*****ds battering their bretheren all around Hampden. I thought it would be a bit much to literally taste their tears but I bet they were delicious.

Later that evening I did my downstairs neighbour’s nut in with Sunshine on Leith on constant repeat. She wasn’t a *** but she wasn’t even a football enthusiast, so the endless repeat of a song by 2 geeks about a district of Edinburgh wasn’t what she wanted to hear.

• 3 months later...
Whilst the Hibs go through a wee tricky time let’s just bump this so we never forget they absolutely ruined the filthy ***s. 

Not just Hibs.

Anyone on here having a hard time should come on here to make themselves feel a wee bit better.

I know I'm incredibly biased, but it was genuinely the best Scottish Cup Final of all time, wasn't it?

In terms of the game itself, Motherwell - Dundee United beats it, but when you take into consideration the narrative (hate that word but it's the only one that works here) and the sheer warrior poetry of it all. Would pay a lot of money to get hit over the head with a hammer and taken back to that weekend to do it all over again.