2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Growing up I spent my whole life Dreaming of hibs winning the cup. what if we actually won it, imagine sunshine on leith being sung, I wonder how we will win it, wil we ever win it, ect. I expected it to be spectacular but I didn't think it would feel or be that good.

Then it happened one year ago today. A group of men arrived in Glasgow as hibs players and left as legends. 

Conrad Logan, David Gray, Darren McGregor, Liam Fontaine, Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson, Dylan McGeouch, John McGinn, Fraser Fyvie, Anthony Stokes, Jason Cummings, Niklas Gunnarsson, James Keatings, Liam Henderson.

and obviously Alan Stubbs. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and he couldn't have deserved a day like that more. I'm so glad he won it rather than one of the imposters we've had in the past, I'm so glad these players won it rather than some imposters in the past, I'm so glad I was there on 21/05/16. Best day of my life. 

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

What is the date today?

K3SQy2h.jpg

***-Hammering Hibs Day.

fPHMrGZ.gif

David Gray Day.

cXulI3D.gif

21st of May Day.

91gol1k.gif

Happy Anniversary!

Facebook

The full match replay of the final against Rangers will be broadcast ‘live’ on the Hibernian Facebook page, starting at 19.02. The 90+ minutes will feature commentary from Hibs TV’s Cliff Pike and Conor Rafferty.

Twitter

We’ll be transferring back to May 21, with minute-by-minute updates from the match as we relive every twist and turn of the dramatic encounter. Coverage here also starts at 19.02. 

Hibs TV

Hibs TV is the place to be for comprehensive coverage of the final. We have the full match replay, highlights, post-match interviews with Alan Stubbs, Conrad Logan, John McGinn, Darren McGregor and Lewis Stevenson and the Time for Heroes highlights available to watch on demand.

Time For Heroes at 19.02

MaZT1Mv.gif

Edited by Mon Dieu

They where selling them outside the ground after we won it tae.  The fat b*****ds must have made a bee line from the **** end

I had no cash on me until Asda [emoji20] 

Same on Leith walk on the Sunday, why I didn't pick one up I've no idea.

Some of the pitchside clips from the final are incredible. Scenes everywhere. 

Also, Alan Stubbs must have a tiny bladder. He loves fucking off for a pish during the games. 

Edited by Zing.

2 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Is it just me that feels a wee bit gutted that we'll never experience a feeling like that ever again?

Me as well. Incredible feeling that won't be topped for the rest of my days supporting Hibs. 

2 hours ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Is it just me that feels a wee bit gutted that we'll never experience a feeling like that ever again?

There will never, ever be a more important goal in Hibs' history again. We could win the league, we could win the European Cup, nothing will compare to that moment. I'm just so glad I was there, would have never forgiven myself if I'd missed it.

2 hours ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I've felt like this every day since it happened. Nothing will ever compare to that weekend. 

Happy anniversary to my green and white loving comrades!

Someone has got a flag flying high on this glorious day. Fucking love this place.
IMG_0012.thumb.JPG.377048179977d8d278d732548bc8ae7f.JPG

That not the guy that usually has a flag from the league cup final vs Killie flying high?

Halliday and his muttering of "I've got this" after making it 2-1 never fails to make me smile. Arrogant *** walloper who certainly didn't have it as he completely failed to mark David Gray on 90+2. Lovely.