2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

5 minutes ago, Jordan Rode said:

If it wasn't for that game and Oxley utterly shiting himself there would have been no Conrad Logan in goals  for the Semi and would have likely been gubbed. 

I can't even mind what happened to Oxley.  Don't recall our equaliser at ER or consolation at TCS being down to him.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I can't even mind what happened to Oxley.  Don't recall our equaliser at ER or consolation at TCS being down to him.

He shat the bed, said he lost a contact lense, wasted time, got booked, (and suspended for the semi) got subbed.  Was horrific for the goal to make it 2-1 as we clung on to f**k (and missed a couple of sitters). 

Aye, he probably did but he was time wasting to feck which got him a yellow and the rest they say is history. 

He still shat the bed too.  Did we no have to bring on a 12 year old to replace him? 

Edited by Jordan Rode

Aye, he probably did but he was time wasting to feck which got him a yellow and the rest they say is history. 
He still shat the bed too.  Did we no have to bring on a 12 year old to replace him? 

Nah we brought on the guffy that chucked the goal in against Brondby.

48 minutes ago, Jordan Rode said:

He shat the bed, said he lost a contact lense, wasted time, got booked, (and suspended for the semi) got subbed.  Was horrific for the goal to make it 2-1 as we clung on to f**k (and missed a couple of sitters). 

I was in the pub since lunchtime that day so I'll have to take your word for that.  Worked out pretty well in the end as you say.

28 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Nah we brought on the guffy that chucked the goal in against Brondby.

Guffy!  What a word, never heard it in yonks! :lol: oh aye, he looked about 12 then and flapped about like a fish that night from what I saw (behind the goals periscope) 

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

this is a good video. Sums up the utter carnage that happened from the goal onwards. The boy falling on his arse from the fence though :lol: 

I still can't actually believe we won the cup! 

41 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I'm sure he almost chucked a goal that night in Inverness too. Got caught under the ball and flapped at it. It was a Bizarre signing tbh.

Yeah he did. 

We should have won that game comfortably. Stokes and Cummings missed about 4 one on ones between them which never seemed to be shown in the highlights. Frustrating as f**k. Looking back that was one of our best wins all season, think it was on the Wednesday after the league cup final on the Sunday.

Edited by St. Jude

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That painting is absolutely dreadful :lol: Did he do it from memory?

edit - Apologies if it was a total amateur or something for charity.

No apologies needed: he's charging £65 for a canvas print of it, £60 for a framed print and £20 for a print. The only charity involved will be the kind donations to the man's pockets.

I recognise his Easter Road attempt. I mocked it on a Hibs forum and called the price an appalling ripoff. My PM Inbox drowned in torrential tearfall.

That abomination of a painting wasn't even the worst bit of opportunism around the cup final. Social media was awash with this shite. Hibs could do well to learn from these people. We missed out on a small fortune in the aftermath of the final, not because of shoddy sellers or tat twats; Hibs simply had nothing to sell whilst the MS Painters were raking in jubilant Hibbies' pounds.

Edited by Mon Dieu

8 hours ago, Mon Dieu said:

No apologies needed: he's charging £65 for a canvas print of it, £60 for a framed print and £20 for a print. The only charity involved will be the kind donations to the man's pockets.

I recognise his Easter Road attempt. I mocked it on a Hibs forum and called the price an appalling ripoff. My PM Inbox drowned in torrential tearfall.

That abomination of a painting wasn't even the worst bit of opportunism around the cup final. Social media was awash with this shite. Hibs could do well to learn from these people. We missed out on a small fortune in the aftermath of the final, not because of shoddy sellers or tat twats; Hibs simply had nothing to sell whilst the MS Painters were raking in jubilant Hibbies' pounds.

I would pay an amount of money for a @LiamDFC interpretation of either the winning goal or the goading or some combination of the two, so long as Kenny Miller's corpse being held aloft by the Hibees is included as well as Lee Wallace (Grass) being mocked by the referee.

18 hours ago, Mon Dieu said:

Could have auctioned off stuff from around Easter Road. Just stick a "#persevered" on it and watch the scramble on Ebay.