2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

The daily record at it again trying to claim the pitch invasion overshadowed hibs success :lol: c***s.

I live for the day those lying *** scumbags are banned from Easter road.

They make it out that we were short changed because the team never done a lap of honour !!

We honestly couldn't give a shit and had a party on the pitch. Literally every single hibby I know preferred the knees up on the hampden turf [emoji1360]

They're still bitter 7 months on , [emoji4]

On 22/12/2016 at 09:32, Hibeesbounce75 said:

The daily record at it again trying to claim the pitch invasion overshadowed hibs success :lol: c***s.

I live for the day those lying *** scumbags are banned from Easter road.

The only thing that overshadowed Hibs' success for these guys at the Daily Record etc was the fact that the team in blue didn't win. We couldn't have won it in a better way against a better bunch of utter c***s. So pleasing. 

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

The only thing that overshadowed Hibs' success for these guys at the Daily Record etc was the fact that the team in blue didn't win. We couldn't have won it in a better way against a better bunch of utter c***s. So pleasing. 

I've been meaning to ask the Hibs supporters this for a few weeks. Do you actually mean that?

In other words, would you rather have won the cup the way you actually did, or would you prefer to have beaten Hearts a few years ago? Serious question, I'm not trying to make a point or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

I've been meaning to ask the Hibs supporters this for a few weeks. Do you actually mean that?
In other words, would you rather have won the cup the way you actually did, or would you prefer to have beaten Hearts a few years ago? Serious question, I'm not trying to make a point or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

It's all hypothetical, would you love to beat your rivals in a cup final? Of course you would.

Would I change beating Rangers the way we did for a crack at Hearts? Not a chance.

The fact we put them out on the way to winning it against Rangers makes it even sweeter.

That's a funny question that will have been debated in pubs all over Leith. Obviously beating Hearts to end 110 years would have been good. But beating Rangers with statically the worst Hibs team in history, add in the Ross County and Falkirk games it all added to the joy of winning. The relationship between Hibs and Rangers has always been edgy but since 2014 when we were competing with them and beating them all the time it really ramped up the rivalry

The fact that we were 2-1 down with a few minutes left then I think there was no better way to win the cup. I'm taking nothing away from the 5-1 game but from early doors the final outcome was never going to be in doubt.

Hearts also never had 100+ years or #HeartsedIt rammed down there throats

Don't let anyone fool you though, the pitch invasion, the goals and the wee bits of turf were brilliant. The folk fighting were out of order and should be dealt with accordingly. The pitch invasion would almost certainly have happened but it was inevitable after a dramatic late winner

For me though that is as good as it will ever be being a Hibs fan. The way it all panned out will never be beaten. If Hibs were ever to go on and win the Premiership then it would be a slow build up whereas as we were dead and buried with a few minutes to go. We could give Hearts another 6-2 or 0-7 in a final and for it will never beat 21/5/16. It's like a few older guys I know who support Hearts they prefer the 98 final as they'd waited so long

Hibs will win the cup again in the 10years I'm sure of it

On 12/23/2016 at 14:56, King Dom's Moustache said:

The fact we put them out on the way to winning it against Rangers makes it even sweeter.

I had a feeling after that Hibs would win the cup, if only i'd gone ahead and put money on it at the time. 

13 hours ago, mizfit said:

I had a feeling after that Hibs would win the cup, if only i'd gone ahead and put money on it at the time. 

I had a fiver on them, didn't realise until I logged in to collect my winnings that I'd managed to accidentally stick on a Hibs win with Cummings to score.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2016 at 12:39, GordonD said:

I wouldn't change one single thing about that day, it was fucking perfect. Best day of my life. 

Being on the pitch is something I'll never forget.