2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's over. 

It'll never be over. No matter who wins the cup from now on, even if we win the cup next season or a couple seasons down the line it'll never compare to the 21st of May, which is sad in a way (why am I fucking rhyming?) but we've gotten the hoodoo out of the way (goddammit) and will never trade anything for that day (f**k!). 

Even after everyone has gotten tired of it we'll still be exploiting it till the end of time

It's almost impossible to imagine that day going any better for me.  Not just the game but the little things that made that day so special.  I had to work that morning, weirdly I slept really well.  Got into work and a few workmates were able to cover for me so I got away really early. Home for a bit of lunch and was in Glasgow by 1.  Bumped into a guy I went to school with in a pub and had a few pints with him before getting the train to Hampden.  By luck I bumped into my 2 pals that were going via the bounce bus.  A quick few drinks in the Asda car park and I was already half cut.  I felt so confident that we would do it.  I never feel confident with Hibs.  Ever.

Normally at semis or finals I'm surrounded by the daytrip fans and I feel like a fanny being the only one belting out songs in the vicinity. Not this time.  I was surrounded by proper Hibees.  Songs were being belted out and banter was great.  Going 1 up you could just sense it.  You knew it was happening.  Honestly I can't really remember feeling anxious.  Even at 2-1 down when I was getting sympathetic texts from my girlfriend and GIFRY texts from a few jambo mates I have.  I still felt we would do it.  I was near the pitch in my section.  When Stokes made it 2 I must have teleported because the next thing I knew I was up against the railing.  I got back to my seat eventually.  Every time I see the winner...which is pretty often.  I look into the crowd and I can see myself going mental.  It's a great I was there moment.  Some people have said that the time between the goal and the final whistle took an age.  Not for me.  It flew by.  A few people jumped onto the pitch, then a few more and a few more.  It was then I decided was I f**k sitting on that stand.  That moment, just embracing Hibees on the pitch was amazing.  Afterwards I jumped into the main stand, because I was getting a lift back with my mate who was taking his old man to the game and so I could get a good view of the presentation.  I also got to shake old Sam Martinez's hand.  A pretty nice thing to see him witness that day too.  On the way out I also managed to speak to Pat Nevin.  Then listening to the greeting tears of Chick Young topped off a great journey home.

Got to my girlfriends house, grabbed a shower and ate my dinner.  She had arranged movie night that night.  Was I f**k sitting in watching a DVD.  Out to the Mash Tun and had a fantastic night with most my Hibs pals that I go to the games with.  Staggered back to my girlfriends flat and got my nat king. 

maxresdefault.jpg

It's almost impossible to imagine that day going any better for me.  Not just the game but the little things that made that day so special.  I had to work that morning, weirdly I slept really well.  Got into work and a few workmates were able to cover for me so I got away really early. Home for a bit of lunch and was in Glasgow by 1.  Bumped into a guy I went to school with in a pub and had a few pints with him before getting the train to Hampden.  By luck I bumped into my 2 pals that were going via the bounce bus.  A quick few drinks in the Asda car park and I was already half cut.  I felt so confident that we would do it.  I never feel confident with Hibs.  Ever.

Normally at semis or finals I'm surrounded by the daytrip fans and I feel like a fanny being the only one belting out songs in the vicinity. Not this time.  I was surrounded by proper Hibees.  Songs were being belted out and banter was great.  Going 1 up you could just sense it.  You knew it was happening.  Honestly I can't really remember feeling anxious.  Even at 2-1 down when I was getting sympathetic texts from my girlfriend and GIFRY texts from a few jambo mates I have.  I still felt we would do it.  I was near the pitch in my section.  When Stokes made it 2 I must have teleported because the next thing I knew I was up against the railing.  I got back to my seat eventually.  Every time I see the winner...which is pretty often.  I look into the crowd and I can see myself going mental.  It's a great I was there moment.  Some people have said that the time between the goal and the final whistle took an age.  Not for me.  It flew by.  A few people jumped onto the pitch, then a few more and a few more.  It was then I decided was I f**k sitting on that stand.  That moment, just embracing Hibees on the pitch was amazing.  Afterwards I jumped into the main stand, because I was getting a lift back with my mate who was taking his old man to the game and so I could get a good view of the presentation.  I also got to shake old Sam Martinez's hand.  A pretty nice thing to see him witness that day too.  On the way out I also managed to speak to Pat Nevin.  Then listening to the greeting tears of Chick Young topped off a great journey home.

Got to my girlfriends house, grabbed a shower and ate my dinner.  She had arranged movie night that night.  Was I f**k sitting in watching a DVD.  Out to the Mash Tun and had a fantastic night with most my Hibs pals that I go to the games with.  Staggered back to my girlfriends flat and got my nat king. 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.53d951c4e4930cf0fe4f273b6827db8d.jpg

Absolutely fucking beautiful.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.53d951c4e4930cf0fe4f273b6827db8d.jpg

Mines was very different from yours. I have spent years of hyping myself up to f**k when Hibs are in a cup final. Last year I stopped. I decided to pay as little attention as possible to it until it was the day of the game.

I refused to get on the same bus as my old man and my closest mates and said I'd see them pre match for a beer. My wee brother was with them with a couple of his mates, and they were buzzing out their nuts.

It was only an hour and a half before the game where I was asked by a 17 year old what I thought the score would be that I considered it. And it occurred to me that I thought Hibs would win. We were better than the ****. I got mental butterflies thinking about it.

I also considered that I'd talked myself into confidence for every cup final I'd been to. And it had mostly not went that well...

I seen the team. And thought Stokes and Cummings never play well together. Then I looked at the **** team, and thought they'd kill for about 8 of our players.

So I walked in and thought we'd win. We scored, then should have been a cricket score up. Then they equalised. But we were better than them at half time. Then they scored again. And we kept battering them. I turned round at one point when we were 2 1 down and said we can't lose this. Then we didn't.

Hibs are not, and never will be, ordinary.

12 hours ago, Lofarl said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Background piano to Perfect Day reading that mate. 

22 hours ago, Lofarl said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Believable, except the bit about having a girlfriend, there you've gone too far. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/05/2016 at 23:22, Solitaire said:

Ok.

You're so sure.

I offer you a bet.

Hibs win...I never post again...I end my account.

Rangers win...you never post again....your account is void.

Deal?

I believe what I'm saying....you're full of shite but ok.

As you're so sure. ;)

Offt. 

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Offt. 

Good searching.....well done.

Now show me one person who took on the bet wee sacks.

When you can't....and will realise you've fucked up....inject one for me. ;)