2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

The whole world went in slow motion when gray scored the winner.  Like a plane crash or something.  I just sat there dumb convinced they would score then sat in tears when the whistle went. Scenes never to be repeated! I can still mind clear in my ears the tannoy guy going "David Grayyyy"

What a feeling, what a day. 

I'm pished. Thanks for the memories Hibs. Hopefully not get attacked by **** on the way up the road tonight [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I hope you're all planning on reading through this thread again when the Hibs coverage starts. Page 60 is where the fun begins.

As starter of the thread I've had thousands of notifications :lol: about 500 when I put the phone on the day after too! 

On 17/04/2016 at 15:12, Thumper said:

If there were ever a Hibsier way to Hibs the Scottish Cup final, it is by Hibsing it against a team of bankrupt chancers that's only four years old.

Imagine getting to the Scottish Cup final three times in five seasons and being marked progressively less and less likely to win it, to the point where no bookie would be stupid enough to offer odds shorter than 4-1 against when one's opponents are less prestigious or financially sound than Gretna were. Imagine being only the second team in history to lose a Scottish Cup final to lower-league opposition. Frankly it beggars belief that the SFA are even allowing Hibs to continue to enter the competition, what with the laughing stock they're making of it.

:lol: what a fucking minter. 

On 4/20/2016 at 06:29, TheMessiah said:

I actually want Rangers to win it and before you judge me here's why:

I hate the Bigot Brothers equally, hate in the same way that you hate having a lump on your bollock, you just want it to f**k off and never come back.

I'm quite ambivolent towards Hibs as a club, I actually quite like them purely because they provide so much comic entertainment over the course of the season, every season. They have actually become so accomplished at failing in hilarious ways, that they have become synonymic with it. Through so many different players and managers they all seem to perfectly capture exactly what is needed to not only f**k up, but to do so in hilarious fashion, with a little bit of hope, a bit of momentum and a miniscule dash of success, before it is all rippedaway in the most humiliating way possible, for me, as a neutral, this is pant-shittingly funny.

Even if you just look at the last 5 years they have managed to:

- Be completely dominated by their bitter rivals in almost every single derby game. (taking the 2010/11 season as a starting point it stands at Games played:22, Hearts wins:12, Hibs wins:5, Draws:5).

- Get to the Scottish Cup final, against Hearts, who go on and on about the incredible amount of time that has elapsed since they last won it, with a chance to finally but that to rest and really get one over them once and for all, they get absolutely slutshamed 5-1 with Hearts legend Rudi Skacel utterly bossing it.

- Get to the Scottish Cup final again the very next year only to pull a complete no-show and suffer a humbling 3-0 defeat.

- Spend an entire season laughing at Hearts for almost going bust/getting relegated, only to get relegated themselves after completely collapsing, during which they picked up 8 points after their derby win against Hearts, suffering 12 losses in their final 18 games, consigning them to a relegation playoff against Hamilton during which they picked up a comfortable 2-0 away from home, only to lose an early goal to Jason fucking Scotland, then at the exact point they start singing about staying up conceding last minute goal to make it 2-2 on aggregate, failing to score in extra-time and losing the subsequent penalty shootout, leading to an insane level of booing as well as a laughable protest after the match.

- Spending their first season in the Championship getting dominated by Hearts (again), however keeping themselves good enough to get into the semi-final of the playoffs, where the lost to an utterly inept, Stuart McCall led Rangers side.

- Spending their second season in the Championship getting dominated by Rangers, suddenly hitting utterly pathetic form and currently looking set to finish behind Falkirk to as well as an embarrassing playoff exit to Raith Rovers.

It has taken over a century of ineptitude to get to this point, Rangers will win plenty of Scottish Cups over the coming decades, I don't think it's worth sacrificing such a glorious legacy just so they don't win this one. 

Edit - To add context, the cup final falls 3 days before the million hour countdown is set to end, yet again Hibs find themselves up to redeem themselves once and for all in the Scottish Cup final, it is almost set up too perfectly for them to utterly and royally "hibs" it.

Mind this topper.

Image result for talkhearts

Mind this topper.
heh.png
haha.png
fuckme.png

oh ya fucker [emoji23]

over a year after actually winning the game, after which i made a full and wholehearted apology for my lack of foresight of the scenes if sevco lost and enthusiastically congratulated hibs on their win, you were that rankled by my post you've actually quoted it again.

#ragingminter

8 hours ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Is it just me that feels a wee bit gutted that we'll never experience a feeling like that ever again?

The way i look at it, we've experienced something few fans ever do. As a club all we've ever dreamed of is winning that b*****ding cup. To experience all the incredible let downs we've had and then to actually fulfill that lifelong dream, in the way that we did, was the most bizzare but incredible feeling. I still don't think its properly sunk in yet for me. Fans of clubs that win things regularly won't understand what we experienced that day. Everything from snatching the win from the jaws of defeat to running on the park was surreal.

On 17/05/2016 at 22:48, Bambino7 said:

Rangers can go and win the proper treble next year and I wouldn't be any less happy than if we win on Saturday.

Make no mistake, there will be 21,000 rangers fans who will be up for it and who will feel aggrieved, it wasny fair, hate they ******s etc etc etc but for our 21,000 winning will mean a whole whole lot more. What I would give to see us lift this trophy.

On 19/05/2016 at 15:09, calum_gers said:
I also have that feeling of dread, eventually Hibs have to win a Scottish Cup, don't they? 

On 20/05/2016 at 10:12, Bambino7 said:

Tell that to all the c***s that have moaned to get other people sacked like that woman in the herald.

Let's do this Hibernian. Let's win this fucking cup for a change.

On 21/05/2016 at 01:59, Bambino7 said:

That's the most sensible thing you've posted on this forum. Remind me to greenie you when I awake from a drunken mess after we win today sometime next month please :lol:

On 21/05/2016 at 02:23, Dunty said:

"Hibs will never have a better chance"

Was last year not their best chance, when they just had to beat Falkirk in the semi-final then they would have had only Inverness in front of them?

They might get to the final next year and find they're up against St Mirren.

"They'll never have a better chance" is one of those tired, over used cliches.

On 21/05/2016 at 02:30, Bambino7 said:

Shut up ya p***k.

On 21/05/2016 at 02:48, The Grass Is Greener. said:

So, being in a semi, that's two whole games away from the cup, is seen as having a better chance than actually being in the final.

Don't think you've thought this one through, m9.

On 21/05/2016 at 03:12, Mon Dieu said:

You may be trying to suggest that Hibs will lose… But I think it's more likely that Hibs fans will disappear if we win. There would so much spooning of the metal and the flesh; gloating & quoting may be reserved for a later date. Despite my reservations about promoting a Hibs side that 'Hibs'd' promotion, against a reanimated Rangers side, I feel that we have a better chance of winning than we did in the last three finals.

I believe that our current crop is better than the 2012 and 2013 batches — even without McGeouch, Bartley & El Alagui. With respect, The Rangers don't have the gulf in quality that Hearts and Celtc had over Hibs in 2012 and 2013, respectively. Yet, I am still with the majority of fans that (respectfully) expect The Rangers to win — they are rightly considered the considerable favourites. I'm also one of the growing number of Hibs fans whose nerves & emotions have been torn & tortured to such a degree that I am completely numb to abject failure - or 'Hibs', as it has colloquially become known as.

One Hibs fan who has experienced Hibs in all its forms, is 106-year-old Sam Martinez, who will be at the game.

Here's hoping Hibs lift it for the first time in his life — and not the last!  :shutup

Regarding changes to the cup final squad...

Reveal hidden contents

Again, I'm with the majority of Hibbies that want to see us play 3-5-2 and bring in Gunnarsson. I'm not overly confident in Logan, but I wouldn't sacrifice his command over his box for Oxley's superior distributing of the ball. Questions remain over McGeouch starting, but I think it would be out of the question to have him as a sub: he will inevitably break down at some point. Bartley would be my first choice in midfield, but he looked uncharacteristically uncomfortable flailed & floundered against Falkirk. Fyvie has wound up Rangers players in the past and could prove useful, but he may also prove useful to Rangers by dispossessing Hibs at every available opportunity. McGinn & Henderson can be interchangeable but also invaluable if they're both fully fit.

Finally, our most discussed position this season; who do we play upfront? Cummings & Stokes have rarely played well together whilst Keatings & Stokes have — and linked up well against Falkirk. Cummings has an excellent record against The Rangers but has also stopped scoring his seventy-seventh attempts at a something special. Stokes has assisted a couple of goals recently, but has been even less clinical than Cummings. I would have wanted Cummings & Keatings upfront, against most people's better judgement, but Stokes has merited his recent starts.

Cummings' cockiness could lead to a catastrophic cock-up or his audacity may be the difference between the two sides (again). He has produced magic against the magic-hat on more than one occasion and has proven that he can break hearts — be it ours, theirs or Hearts.

I hope "My heart was broken…" at the final whistle.  :P

:) 

On 21/05/2016 at 03:58, Bambino7 said:

Do you work in the media mate? You should really send your cv into hibs. Without too much arse licking your posts are by far the best on this website no contest.

2-1 Hibs. Stokes pen first goal Danny Wilson sent off. Captain makes it two. Slight wabble but we hold on.

Stokes and Gray. No a bad wee prediction. 

8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

oh ya fucker emoji23.png

over a year after actually winning the game, after which i made a full and wholehearted apology for my lack of foresight of the scenes if sevco lost and enthusiastically congratulated hibs on their win, you were that rankled by my post you've actually quoted it again.

#ragingminter

Quick look through the early pages and found that belter. But yes, clearly it's me that's had the minter here.

Imagine writing out all that in utter desperation that we lose. Imagine the stauner you must've had when Sevco took the lead. Imagine the utter heartbreak when Sir Dave erupted the East half of Hampden in the glorious sunshine.

Image result for talkheartsImage result for talkheartsImage result for talkhearts

Thanks for playing anyway. 

Hibs have the best squad (arguably) in the (diddy) league if you take into account MOH is unavailable and Waggy is not match fit.
It could go horribly wrong but this is their best chance since they played Hearts a few years back [emoji6]

YAAASSSSS
GGTTH

3 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Quick look through the early pages and found that belter. But yes, clearly it's me that's had the minter here.

Imagine writing out all that in utter desperation that we lose. Imagine the stauner you must've had when Sevco took the lead. Imagine the utter heartbreak when Sir Dave erupted the East half of Hampden in the glorious sunshine.

Image result for talkheartsImage result for talkheartsImage result for talkhearts

Thanks for playing anyway. 

I've just read from page 6 onwards for a bit and The Messiah is all over the place. 

1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I've just read from page 6 onwards for a bit and The Messiah is all over the place. 

As he usually is. Always pleasing to put diddies back in their box regardless.

"...BUT BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME HERE'S WHY..."

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

Fyvie yet again showing himself to be a raging weirdo who cannot enjoy what little success hibs have due to his own crippling insecurity.

#awkies

Yep, that's clearly what's happening here.....

:lol::lol: 

:lol: