Dumbarton v Queen of the South

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've read my mind now. You just read it two minutes earlier than I did.

Don't think there's a thread for this, so now there is.

Absolutely massive for us, probably not a 'must win', but a win would be absolutely smashing and give us a real bit of breathing space over Livingston.

Hope Stevie doesn't do the usual playing for a 0-0 dross and then describing it as a "great result" post match. 

I'd like to see us go:

Jamie Ewings

Scott Taggart Gregor Buchanan Frazer Wright Mark Docherty

Tom Walsh Jamie Lindsay Jon Routledge Calum Waters

Christian Nade Paul Heffernan/Garry Fleming

Queens have nothing to play for anymore, so hopefully that'll show. We're quite decent at home, but if we concede first will lose again, so I've no idea how this will go!

Can't wait to be honest, hate Saturdays without a game.

Was going to start this thread last night but forgot, so then thought I'd leave this to a Sons supporter. May venture thru to The Rock to visit the Castle before watching this one. Nothing to play for but pride and league position for Queens but fancy a few goals, although cannot see 6-0 again.

QoTS can still catch Morton to become best of the rest, so I don't expect an easy ride on Tuesday.

I would like to see us go for it, but not throw caution to the wind. Good service up to Nade would really help, particularly some decent crosses.

As Scotty says above, we'll need a big cushion of goals before Queens' Lyle gets his, and Beany does his usual.

I hope we have a real go to win this and don't set out for a draw. A point won't be much use to us, so we should take risks.

I know what you're saying, but a point wouldn't be disastrous.

It's a game in hand over Livi and it would (if we were to get it) be another point we'd be ahead of them by, and the games would be getting chalked off one by one reducing the chances of Livi catching us.

We're not a good side at the moment, so if we need to scrap to get a point here and a point there all the while maintaining our gap over Livi, so be it.

I've waffled a bit there, but I do agree that we should be a bit more attacking and bold, particularly given that we're at home, and if we were to get the win, it'd be huge for us.

I know what you're saying, but a point wouldn't be disastrous.

It's a game in hand over Livi and it would (if we were to get it) be another point we'd be ahead of them by, and the games would be getting chalked off one by one reducing the chances of Livi catching us.

We're not a good side at the moment, so if we need to scrap to get a point here and a point there all the while maintaining our gap over Livi, so be it.

I've waffled a bit there, but I do agree that we should be a bit more attacking and bold, particularly given that we're at home, and if we were to get the win, it'd be huge for us.

With Queens still to play Livingston at home, we could do Sons a favour there.

Archived