St Mirren v Greenock Morton Championship 16/4/16

We've taken seven points from a possible fifty-four against the sides currently in the top six. When it comes to playing a side with any basic level of organisation and who aren't paying peanuts to either plumbers and builders or bargain bin 'professionals', Duffyball gets found out and we lose by a fairly narrow margin almost every time. That's a universal problem and nothing to do with the derby.

Failing to win either of the first two games against a clown-car Saint Mirren side though is a minter; Duffy shat himself and fielded a defensive lineup, leading to those two eye-bleeding TV 'spectacles'.

We could certainly do with upgrading almost every area of the team next season, but the same applies to the dugout and in the boardroom. It's difficult to know where to begin with so much genuine mediocrity.

At least VT knows the score. Morton telt yet again.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was dreadful. As soon as u seen the line-up I knew it wasn't going to end well for us, what the f*ck is Duffy playing at?

He's all for an attacking 4-4-2 when we play Hibs, Rangers or Falkirk but when we play St.Mirren he feels the need to stick a centre back in the middle of the park to 'protect the defence'. How did that work out Jim?

Got a right back who isn't a footballer at all, I'd be amazed if he even gets a contract in league 2 next season tbh, but as we have Duffy as our manager I have a feeling he'll get offered a new deal.

Playing Ross Forbes out wide is criminal and just proves the incompetence of Duffy, he has no pace whatsoever, can't beat a man and for a while was playing on the same side as Miller, what an immobile right hand side that was, no wonder St.Mirren got so much joy down the left.

Why bring a centre half into the middle of the park, play Forbes out wide when we have a winger with bags of pace on the bench, it's nothing short of sheer incompetence. Alright McMullan wasn't great when he came on but at least his pace cause the St.Mirren defence problems.

Mark Russell and Joe McKee get pass marks the rest were poor.

That game, like the previous Derby was lost by Jim Duffy and his ridiculous team selections, tactics and substitutions.

Uphill battle now to try and retain fifth with St.Mirren only a point behind us and is having two difficult last fixtures.

Dearly me, that was brutal.

Duffy fucks up the starting 11 once again and to top that several players decide collectively to have stinkers (Barr, McManus, McMullan & Miller spring to mind). All the more frustrating given that it was a fairly average St. Mirren side who had three shots on target (actual shots rather than passes to Gaston).

Gutless performance, we got what we deserved.

Duffy fucks up the starting 11 once again and to top that several players decide collectively to have stinkers (Barr, McManus, McMullan & Miller spring to mind). All the more frustrating given that it was a fairly average St. Mirren side who had three shots on target (actual shots rather than passes to Gaston).

To be fair mate that is us totally under Rae. Create precious few chances but bury them and it's how he will take us on next season. Sort out the soft underbelly and convert up front. It's far from pretty but it is damn effective.

O'Ware isn't a fucking centre mid, Forbes isn't a fucking winger and Miller is hardly even a fucking footballer, Duffy got it all wrong today, Forbes on the wing never has and never will work.

Bringing McKee off was baffing aswell, thought he was having a good game.

To be fair mate that is us totally under Rae. Create precious few chances but bury them and it's how he will take us on next season. Sort out the soft underbelly and convert up front. It's far from pretty but it is damn effective.

Effective works! Pretty is underrated.

EDIT: I meant overrated of course.

We definitely deserved to win. We were much more threatening and dynamic going forward when we broke with pace and purpose, and for the most part defended much better than Morton as well. Mallan, Shankland, Webster and Quinn were very good, and Naismith did well, especially towards the end where he was clearly knackered and Morton were throwing everything down his side. Although, he was up against McMullan, who showed exactly why Rae punted him first chance he got.

Morton celebrated like they just won the title when they equalised. Embarrassing

The only thing that could have topped the hilarity of them letting off the smoke bomb was us going back in front soon after. Gallagher duly obliged  :thumsup2

I appreciate they'll probably finish above us but Morton really aren't that good. I thought that in January, when we were also dross, and I thought it again today. Dunno if it's players, managers or a combination of the two. Subbing McKee was utterly bizarre.

Belter of a goal from Shankland, would love to get him back for next season. Was rather worried Cooper when Cooper decided not to take it into the corner but it paid off. Not going to the Rangers game so that was a tremendous way to sign off for the season.

Brilliant to see Naismith back in the team. After getting booked for booting McMullan he had him his back pocket :)

Morton celebrated like they just won the title when they equalised. Embarrassing

Settle. Any time you score at Scapa (even in Renfrewshire Cup Finals) there are always fans who jump the wall at the WDE.

Morton Lolz.

There's nothing much to say. St Mirren have been utter pap this season and we've failed to beat them. Who cares about 5th? Morton players clearly don't care about the derby, played it like a friendly and got what they deserved. Duffy is going to get a new contract and boy watch us fucking struggle in this division next year.

Archived