London

QPStu

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Heathrow to London City...what's the best way? Will only have one carry-on with.

Elizabeth Line is very slick - it'll take you directly to the DLR at Stratford.

If you want to save cash (even though the Elizabeth Line is a tube line, there is a premium if you use it to/from the airport) or have a bit more time, then take the Piccadilly Line to Green Park, Jubilee Line to Canning Town, then take the DLR from there.

Whatever you do, don't take an Uber/taxi - to cross London will take forever and cost an absolute fortune...

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Heathrow to London City...what's the best way? Will only have one carry-on with.

Varies obviously depending on time. I use Google maps at a high level to gauge timescales. 
Personally I’d stick to mass transit rather than taxi. Much easier with carry on luggage. 

IMG_4744.thumb.jpeg.9ec929b28511da4abe95764be5f93f18.jpeg

On 03/11/2023 at 03:13, TxRover said:

Elizabeth Line then change onto the DLR at either Stratford or Canary Wharf.

The Heathrow Express would be quicker into Paddington but would mean two changes that would make the whole journey slower and is also one of the most expensive trips per mile you can do.

Obviously avoid the Piccadilly line like the plague unless you have a day or two to waste before your next flight.

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Elizabeth Line then change onto the DLR at either Stratford or Canary Wharf.

The Heathrow Express would be quicker into Paddington but would mean two changes that would make the whole journey slower and is also one of the most expensive trips per mile you can do.

Obviously avoid the Piccadilly line like the plague unless you have a day or two to waste before your next flight.

Close, they made it a six hour connection...it was either that option or one hour and fifteen minutes. Given the arrival later in the international arrival window, I expect to spend a decent stretch in the queue, so six seemed the better choice. I guess if I clear passport control in less than four hours, I'll find somewhere to nosh.