Going for 55

How are we set up for next season?

We've the two Stanley players incoming, Windlass and Crooks.  We'll also lose Zelalem and Ball back to their London clubs.

Two questions:

What changes in personnel are needed for our next title?

How will our Barcalonean style of play fit with The Premiership's hoofball?  Will we succeed or be overwhelmed?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

55 points is an achievable target for you guys I think. Hearts have managed it with a few games to spare after getting promoted last season, albeit they won the lower tier a bit more convincingly.

Will be refreshing seeing a different name in the league instead of yo-yo clubs like Hibs and St. Mirren at least, nice to have that variety in the top division. 

Templeton, Clark, bell, law and maybe shiels will also be gone, another 3 or 4 brought in. I wonder if the players who've been out on loan will get a chance?

I reckon 55 will have to wait for a couple seasons, depending on signings I reckon we'll be in the top 4.

Templeton, Clark, bell, law and maybe shiels will also be gone, another 3 or 4 brought in. I wonder if the players who've been out on loan will get a chance?

How about our style of play, Ben?  I don't think (and hope not) that Warburton will change the system.

How well will this map from The Championship to The Premiership?  Will we be forced to resort to punting the ball up to a big bloke or is there scope for a Premiership team to play football?

I reckon 55 will have to wait for a couple seasons, depending on signings I reckon we'll be in the top 4.

Bearing in mind how the league has panned out this season, 4th place puts you on a par with Thistle, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee, Ross County and Inverness.

All of those teams could finish in fourth. With 1 game til the split, any of those teams could finish in the bottom 6.

How well will this map from The Championship to The Premiership? Will we be forced to resort to punting the ball up to a big bloke or is there scope for a Premiership team to play football?

Again a similar comparison to Thistle, who came up playing an exciting brand of football. Archie quickly learned that you can't be that bolshy and survive.

When you come up against fuckin men mountains that cloggers like Kilmarnock field, you need to adapt.

How about our style of play, Ben?  I don't think (and hope not) that Warburton will change the system.

How well will this map from The Championship to The Premiership?  Will we be forced to resort to punting the ball up to a big bloke or is there scope for a Premiership team to play football?

Can't see him changing it myself, think we'll have a few fcuk ups but overall we'll do OK and be there about with hearts and the sheep.

When you come up against fuckin men mountains that cloggers like Kilmarnock field, you need to adapt.

And there's the rub - to quote England's bard.

My hope is that we continue a la Warburton and bring grace back to Scottish football as we did under Wee Dick.  My fear is that we'll be clogged to death.

The Blue Vermin FC 1873 ( deceased ) way was ..............

McCloy to Johnstone

McCloy to Johnstone

McCloy to Johnstone 

McCloy to Jo ....................

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Copy that

And there's the rub - to quote England's bard.

My hope is that we continue a la Warburton and bring grace back to Scottish football as we did under Wee Dick.  My fear is that we'll be clogged to death.

What rubbish.

The big, ignorance fuelled fear on entering the bottom tier was being kicked to bits and now you're saying the same of the top flight.

And this is a stupid thread that should be merged with the other one that covers identical, tedious, ill informed ground.

What rubbish.The big, ignorance fuelled fear on entering the bottom tier was being kicked to bits and now you're saying the same of the top flight.And this is a stupid thread that should be merged with the other one that covers identical, tedious, ill informed ground.

If you don't like it, don't read it you boring diddy :lol:

Will you be lingering in the Premiership forum like a bad smell next season or will you finally stop obsessing?

I reckon 55 will have to wait for a couple seasons,

Nope, the guys out on loan will either leave or go out on loan again.  Mr Toastie is quoted that he believes the development league is a waste of time and will continue to assist in the development of the goof Scottish football by bringing loanees from the English leagus.

And title 55 will take at least 55 years for any new club to any leage in the word.

Archived