Keepers

Gordopolis

Marshall was being raved about in the EPL and I got slated at the time for saying I don't really rate him. He's still one of the best Scottish keepers around though. Gordon and McGregor have both had poor seasons and if you'd asked me before this season, I'd have said Gordon was by far our best keeper - head and shoulders above the rest - but I don't know if he's lost his 'edge' or he's just not recovered from his injury, to me he's not the same keeper.

I've been more impressed by McGregor when I've seen him in recent times.

Bring back Neil Sullivan. Heady days. We're lucky we're blessed in the keeper department.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archer is playing ahead of Irelands David Forde who was Number 1 pick for a lot of their qualifying campaign. He has lost his place to Randolph now as Archer has taken his club spot. Been nominated for league 1 player of the month recently as well.

Archer is playing ahead of Irelands David Forde who was Number 1 pick for a lot of their qualifying campaign. He has lost his place to Randolph now as Archer has taken his club spot. Been nominated for league 1 player of the month recently as well.

Sounds promising, basically at keeper and left-back we are sorted for a long time. Its just the other nine spots we need to be concerned about.

Bain and Archer to fight it out for number 1 in the next 4+ years IMO.

Bain doesn't strike me as being particularly outstanding. He's also probably too short to be an international keeper.  I realise he's listed at the same height as McGregor (6 ft) but McGregor's clearly taller than that.

Gordon always reminds me of Leighton, he has the ability to play a blinder then have a f**k up the next game. Marshall and McGregor are much of a muchness to me.

If we were playing someone similar to us like say, Norway, then I'd want Marshall or McGregor. If we were playing Germany or Spain then its Gordon all day long.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Just digging this up as I hadn't heard of this guy before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruddy

18 years old, 6'5" and highly rated. Apparently he's on the verge of signing for Wolves, but Man United also sniffing around apparently (would be nice but sounds iffy).

Certainly worth keeping an eye on him.

Give him a cap.  Even if he's shite, give him a cap.  Can never have too many options.

Give him a cap.  Even if he's shite, give him a cap.  Can never have too many options.

If Bain doesn't get a cap before he leaves Dundee I'll be utterly seething.

To be fair to Strachan, I wouldn't have picked Bain for this squad either. He seems to have lost a bit of confidence and hasn't been the sweeper keeper Dee's had gotten to know.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's true. He'll never be a Scotland regular

Time will tell.

If he continues on like he has this season, then I'd agree with you (Not that he's been poor).

If Marshall goes to Hull and is number 1 then surely that's the end for McGregors Scotland career? No point in having a keeper in the squad when he's not playing regularly. Better having someone like Hamilton getting experience with the squad very few months or so.

Archived