Keepers

Gordopolis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If Bain doesn't get a cap before he leaves Dundee I'll be utterly seething.

To be fair to Strachan, I wouldn't have picked Bain for this squad either. He seems to have lost a bit of confidence and hasn't been the sweeper keeper Dee's had gotten to know.

It's pretty unfortunate that everytime I watch Bain he seems to make a mistake, admittedly I don't watch allot of SPFL so it's entirely plausible that I just catch him on his off days.

Would Bain be ahead of Zander Clarke?

It's pretty unfortunate that everytime I watch Bain he seems to make a mistake, admittedly I don't watch allot of the top tier so it's entirely plausible that I just catch him on his off days.

It's pretty unfortunate that everytime I watch Bain he seems to make a mistake, admittedly I don't watch allot of SPFL so it's entirely plausible that I just catch him on his off days.

He's not been anywhere near the same level this season.

It seems more a case of he thinks he's Billy big time rather than anything else though. Snide remarks on Twitter, few arguments with fans and the vibe that he doesn't want to be at the club since Stewart and Hemmings left.

He'll still go on to be a fantastic, potentially Scotland cap- keeper but I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking he's gash right now.

That being said, other than his mistake at the weekend - is there any notable 'mistakes' that neutral fans have seen? Don't believe there has been.

The answer to your question though is undeniably yes.

See if Marshall isn't playing, would anyone really care? He's not going to become a worse player all of a sudden. Never understand why people let it bother them so much. They're playing football every single day, ok they're not games, but when you're an experienced player with 100s of games under your belt I'm not sure it makes any difference.

He's not been anywhere near the same level this season.

It seems more a case of he thinks he's Billy big time rather than anything else though. Snide remarks on Twitter, few arguments with fans and the vibe that he doesn't want to be at the club since Stewart and Hemmings left.

He'll still go on to be a fantastic, potentially Scotland cap- keeper but I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking he's gash right now.

That being said, other than his mistake at the weekend - is there any notable 'mistakes' that neutral fans have seen? Don't believe there has been.

The answer to your question though is undeniably yes.

Not so much neutral but he made two? Mistakes in our meeting last year and I thought I'd seen a couple other last year, spread over the course of the season that's pretty reasonable tbf.

I've just generally not seen Dundee allot hence why I'd put it down to me not seing him rather than him being error-prone, it just stuck in my mind that he did make a mistake on the odd time I seen him. The reasons you state do seem more than reasonable.

See if Marshall isn't playing, would anyone really care? He's not going to become a worse player all of a sudden. Never understand why people let it bother them so much. They're playing football every single day, ok they're not games, but when you're an experienced player with 100s of games under your belt I'm not sure it makes any difference.

Sean Murdoch is just coming back from a small injury layoff (I doubt anyone will care about that) however he mentions when you're off your positioning can suffer if you're not getting regular game time, things like handling and reflexes can be topped up quite well through training though.

"My positional sense and free kicks are what I really had to get my head round. When you have been out for two months it is difficult to come straight into a first team game."

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bains better than Clark at the moment, both are better than Hamilton of Hearts though, whose call up was utterly baffling.

This sums it up. I didn't want to bite to Tree's obvious bait because it'd imply I don't think Clark is any good, when I reckon he's probably better than Mannus is already and I rate him highly ever since I first seen him at QotS.

Archived