Centre back

In support of the other poster I think he's suggesting taking a step backwards in order to get younger players with potential into the international side early - something that could reap dividends a few campaigns down the line.

In no way would I start Souttar or McGhee tonight, but we're going to have to look to guys like them at some point.

They have to be good enough though. Throwing guys in and taking a pumping isn't good for their development at all.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh it worked wonders for Kevin kyle et al in berti's tenure. Blooding shite youngsters is the way to go

I've got news for you...Souttar & McGhee play first choice for u21 in those positions, so you may have to "suffer" them soon as full internationals.

I feel the need to ask.....why is there such protection for, and defence of, players who by all accounts appeared not to want to be there last night, despite fans' travelling to watch that shit?

Perhaps it was time for the likes of Souttar to be given a chance, yet instead the management have basically pandered to the fragile confidence levels of such players, instead of giving us a chance to discover either a diamond in the rough may emerge, or whether we should even worry if such players become 'lost' after a couple of shaftings.

Strachan is showing absolutely f**k all sign of leaving anything whatsoever for the next manager, except the pieces of the next campaign before the year is out.

If souttar was a diamond in the rough he would be a standout at spl level. What kind of halfwit would throw a teenage centre half who hasn't shown anything like international potential in against some of the best strikers in the world?

What kind of halfwit would throw a teenage centre half who hasn't shown anything like international potential in against some of the best strikers in the world?

Levein putting Danny wilson in? He showed potential at Rangers but not international.

If there's a chance he's interested then wtf are the management team doing about it?

Strachan playing to the TA message board fuckwits?  

Don't know, but if he is qualified for Scotland, he'd be straight in there, surely?

If there's a chance he's interested then wtf are the management team doing about it?

Strachan playing to the TA message board fuckwits?  

Don't know, but if he is qualified for Scotland, he'd be straight in there, surely?

Maybe Caulker was waiting to see if England would call him up for the Euros, maybe last chance scenario? Now that he has been ignored (rightly) he may be forced to switch to us, even to get some recognition, the guy has hardly kicked a ball in a season. If he can't get a game for England with that state of that defence then he probably never will.

As soon as I saw the 11 for Saturday I switched off, Hanley and Greer at CB? I love how loyal Greer is but Davie Weir  he isn't, he just needs to accept its over.

Said before, I would take Caulker in a Heartbeat as he is easily better than ANY of the present options, provided he actually starts getting a game somewhere.

I would also not be that bothered if the love child that was Mulgrew played there because even then he is still 100 times better than Greer.

Archived