Panama tax evasion

Mr Rational

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weel spotted Ad Lib.

I cannae pull the wool o'er your eyes.

When I'm composing my epistle it's in Scots in my heid.

I translate intae English as I type.

Sometimes I cannae be arsed translating so my posts are usually a mixture-maxture of language.

Hilarious how calling him a peasant like one time, deliberately, to wind him up has obviously got to him *really badly*.

Aye, ye really, really had me fooled. Weel done :thumsup2

He actually used the phrase several times and said when he hears someone speaking scots he thinks of them as a backwards peasant.

Sums him up complete scumbag and exposes his lies about helping the poorest in society, he doesn't give a funk about them.

• 1 year later...
On 07/04/2016 at 12:17, thisal said:

This thread sums up tax evasion to me. Everyone more or less agrees it's wrong and loopholes should be closed. Then the politicians and the lawyers get involved start a big debate about semantics and everyone gets bored and forgets about it so nothing gets resolved. Then there is the next big scandal and repeat....

Seriously what kind of system that struggles to decide if a loan that is never to be repaid is earnings or not?

On 07/04/2016 at 12:44, Ad Lib said:

Well good luck writing an enforceable tax code without semantics and lawyers.

On 07/04/2016 at 14:54, thisal said:

True and as long as the vested interests are backing the main political parties and the media is owned by billionaires with offshore accounts I don't expect it to get past discussing semantics.

A year on and an election looming I take the parties have a plan in place for dealing with this and it's a big election issue or was my scepticism justified? 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So a year later, another big leak: the  Paradise Papers. Few names mentioned already, including  Trump's Commerce Secretary - linked to  sanctioned Russians;  Lord Ashcroft - who might have been claiming non dom status whilst in the Lords; and our Liz herself...

Any P&Bers got untold wealth stashed away in a Caribbean tax-haven?

44 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

So a year later, another big leak: the  Paradise Papers. Few names mentioned already, including  Trump's Commerce Secretary - linked to  sanctioned Russians;  Lord Ashcroft - who might have been claiming non dom status whilst in the Lords; and our Liz herself...

This could be good.  

There’s the added excitement that Sevco fans will be hoping they can find some of Dave King’s millions.

14 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Quite the reverse. I owe a restaurant/bar in Port Antonio 10 Jamaican dollars.

We didn't have quite enough to pay the bill but they said we could pay the next day. Unfortunately we were travelling to Ocho Rios so they were never paid. I'm so ashamed.

A Jamaican dollar was worth about 20p at the time.

Archived