Long Term Save (FM2016)

montrosefc

Apologies if this has been done before but I was getting a bit bored with the game in recent weeks so I decided to have a go at a long term save game just to see how things shaped up in Scottish Football after I was dead & gone!

I started the game unemployed with the Scottish & English leagues selected and left it running over a few weeks. My overall plan is to run a thousand year save game, but I was keen to let people see the outcome so far so here's what the game looks like after the first 200 years.

In the SPL it seems that the game goes through cycles of teams dominating which turned out to involve many more teams than I thought it would. The first 10 - 15 years was an expected old firm domination, however by the 2030's Aberdeen started to break the stranglehold and by the 2050s they completely dominated for a decade.

As the game entered the 22nd century the title continued to change hands on a regular basis with now a number of teams such as Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Raith Rovers (yes Raith Rovers!) taking turns with long spells as champions.

Even Partick Thistle & Ross County managed to get in on the act with a title apiece.

Speaking of Raith Rovers, 2167 saw them go on an incredible league run where they wnet on to win 19 league titles in a row! - Old Firm stick yer 9 in a row up yer ar5es!

ZHxcwKH.jpg

Dundee United put up a good showing at the end of the century with 9 titles but only after over 100 years in the doldrums which saw them slide all the way down to League 2.

By the end of the 200 hundred year save, things were looking a bit familiar again with Celtic picking up a few consecutive titles - Come on Raith - get yer ar5es into gear!!

One thing that is also apparent is that fitba has become hugely popular again as attendances have gone mental. Raith Rovers currently have the largest stadium with the 112,812 capacity Teixera Stadium. I had no idea Kirkaldy was that big!

zIAF1Y9.jpg

The old firm seem to like knocking down & rebuilding as we have had the Walter Smith Stadium, Rangers Stadium, The Jimmy Johnstone Stadium, The Billy McNeill Stadium & the Patsy Gallagher Stadium.

Interestingly Hearts and Forfar both have a Robertson Stadium, however Forfar's is bigger! :D

In case anyone was wondering about Scottish teams performances in Europe, well maybe its not surprising that in 200 years they have won he-haw!

On the international scene unfortunately there have been no miraculous World Cup victories for Scotland, the competition being dominated by Italy, Germany and those who must not be named, however it was great to see Jamaica surprise the world and win the trophy in style in 2146.

kvo646b.jpg

Scotland did however do the country proud on two occasions by finishing runners up in the European Championships, losing to Italy both times.

Also well pleased to see my club as an established Championship side (I didn't cheat - honest!), but we did have to endure a 10 year spell in the Highland League before getting there.

In the English Premiership it is also a story of cycles of domination, with recent top dogs being Watford, Nottingham Forest & Barnsley.

As you would expect, all players are now regens which has seem some interesting names cropping up now and again such as Craig Craig, Fraser Fraser & Neil Peel.

P2dFqs2.jpg

Obviously there is much more to see than I can describe here so I would suggest downloading the file and having a look for yourself.

File can be downloaded here (312Mb)

Unrar into the following directory My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2016/games

Use the free 7-zip to unrar if needed http://www.7-zip.org/

Looking forward to your seeing your discoveries and screenies on the forum :)

I, for one, eagerly await sipping from a buckie bottle in Hell while watching billionaire owned Raith and their (presumably) Portuguese legend Teixeira crushing Scottish football beneath them.

Nice thread - how have Thistle gotten on over the years at Firhill/The Kingsleydome/Archie's Arena/West End Outer Space Luxury Cruise's Stadium?

I, for one, eagerly await sipping from a buckie bottle in Hell while watching billionaire owned Raith and their (presumably) Portuguese legend Teixeira crushing Scottish football beneath them.

Nice thread - how have Thistle gotten on over the years at Firhill/The Kingsleydome/Archie's Arena/West End Outer Space Luxury Cruise's Stadium?

Oh dear it looks like that 1 SPL title was a curse. Thistle now see-sawing between the Championship and League 2 I'm afraid!

scF4WOv.jpg

Have any of the current Highland/Lowland League sides established themselves in the SPFL?

The only non league teams to last the pace are Brora, Cove & Gretna 2008.

Cove are the most successful of the three but have only managed one season in the SPL

wA2NJxy.jpg

Inverness CT on the other hand have tumbled down the leagues and ended up in the HFL :D

How are the Dee's - that Utd spell of dominance sickens me :lol:

After many years yo-yoing between leagues, the Dees have finaly established themselves in the SPL. no titles yet but they have done quite well in the cups

iWnMpEC.jpg

How are Cowdenbeath getting on? Loving the new ground - "Cowdenbeath Stadium" :lol:

Definitely a force to be reckoned with, especially in the cups. Fast forward to 2242 ad they are sitting on top of the SPL after 7 games having finished 2nd in the previous 2 seasons.

pKc0qhz.jpg

Have Hibs won the cup yet and how have Villa and Clyde been getting on?

As you can see Hibs have not only won the cup umpteen times, they have also bagged 36 SPL titles including a run which saw them take 15 titles over a 16 year period.

GQbP9gg.jpg

As for Villa, they spent around 100 years in the Premiership winning it only once, before tumbling all the way down to 17th place in League 2. The seem to have recovered a bit and are now an established Championship side. In the cups they have had a handful of wins & achieved european sucess in 2071 with a Europa League & Super Cup win, but now they even struggle to win the Johnstones Paint Trophy with only 1 win in 7 final appearances.

y1bnDAk.jpg

As for the sleeping giant that is Clyde, they have won loads of titles - League 2 titles that is! They have also had to endure 6 spells in the Lowland League including one recent spell which stretched for 16 years. They've done absolutely nothing in the cups, but I have a feeling that they are good enough to reach a Challenge Cup final soon! I'm sure they are just slow starters! :D

z5oiTbG.jpg

33w7btg.gif

Dare I ask about County?

County have been fairly steady in the top reaches of Scottish Football with a smattering of cup wins as well as being the proud owners of 1 SPL trophy which they bagged in 2129. In recent seasons they seem to have settled into the Championship.

KguU9bp.jpg

Definitely a force to be reckoned with, especially in the cups. Fast forward to 2242 ad they are sitting on top of the SPL after 7 games having finished 2nd in the previous 2 seasons.

Grand. I just need to live to 253 and hopefully will see them win the league :D

Archived