April fools day

The friends we are staying wth have a golden retriever and I wanted to get a stuffed replica and plant it on its back on the front lawn so they thought it was dead whilst the real dog hid with a neighbour. Couldn't find a stuffed dog in time though, story of my life.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The friends we are staying wth have a golden retriever and I wanted to get a stuffed replica and plant it on its back on the front lawn so they thought it was dead whilst the real dog hid with a neighbour. Couldn't find a stuffed dog in time though, story of my life.

:lol: That's fantastic!

My neeber just put up that he's in a relationship on Facebook then later a couple of 🎣🎣.

I would unfriend him if he wasn't such a good mate.

TV AM not long after it started in the mid 80s announced they wanted to try an experiment.  

They invited viewers to put some freshly made toast on top of their television sets (remember when TVs where deep enough to put stuff on them?).  They made some comment about the scientific properties of freshly made toast and how it could affect the colour signal to TVs in the UK.  At the presenter's prompting everyone put the toast on top of the telly and some engineer behind the scenes turned the colour button to off (remember when you could get still get black and white tellys too?)

My gran and grandad fell for it hook line and sinker - they took great delight in letting us know about this scientific development and seemed to be even more proud when they realised they'd fallen for the hoax.

The 80s eh? - a more innocent age!

Missus has a bit of flu and my daughter offered to make her a cup of tea this morning. She stuck a load of salt in it. Must run in the family. I stuck a load of white spirits in an ex girlfriend's hot chocolate. I thought she'd smell it and see the (vaguely) funny side but my plan failed and she took a big gulp. 

Missus has a bit of flu and my daughter offered to make her a cup of tea this morning. She stuck a load of salt in it. Must run in the family. I stuck a load of white spirits in an ex girlfriend's hot chocolate. I thought she'd smell it and see the (vaguely) funny side but my plan failed and she took a big gulp. 

Aye, cause the first thing I'd think of adding 'as a laugh' would be white spirit.

BEAST-like behaviour IMO.

Didn't see any this year.

Only old ones that I remember are the crap one in the Record years ago about the Proclaimers having been found out to be Cockneys, then the Lager Crisps the year after.

I did laugh at the one where folk believed that they could get a tan sitting in front of a virtual sun for an hour on their PC.

Archived