BTCC 2016 Official Thread

lionel hutz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started following this account on Twitter today: https://twitter.com/1990sBTCC

I tried to get TOCA 2 to work on my PC a year or so again but it didn't like Windows 9/10. Got as far as choosing a team before it crashed :(

I do love that account.

I had the same issue with my Windows 7 laptop, but found this fix online which worked. I'm not in the slightest techy, so if you could be bothered it might work on 9 or 10:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/419/toca-2-touring-cars-working-on-windows-7

Second post down:

There's a better way now... the rather amazing Zeus over at nGlide has fixed ToCA 2! You just need to swap a value in a hex editor. I used HxD (http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD) then selected the block to change and right-click > Fill Selection to change it.

Note: to install, open the CD-ROM and double-click SETUP.EXE, as the launcher doesn't seem to work any more.

Unpatched, original ToCA2 from CD-ROM:
1. Open TC2.exe with hex editor
2. Scroll down to offset 0x706ED (row 000706E0, column 0D) and change 7E to EB
3. Save TC2.exe and play!

1. Open TC2.exe with hex editor
2. Scroll down to offset 0x7426D (row 00074260, column 0D) and change 7E to EB
3. Save TC2.exe and play!

It will then load quickly when you start a race, instead of taking over an hour!

When's the next race?

This Sunday:

Round 4: 11:32, Round 5: 14:27 and Round 6: 17:17.

Qualifying at 15:35 on Saturday, FP1 10:00, FP2 12:50

No Andy Neate either, who's left Dynamics in a cloud of mystery...Well, it appears that he hasn't paid his bills by the required time, but rumour has it there may be more to it.

The 32nd loan TBL will be allocated from Thruxton.

Only just got round to watching the highlights of the first meeting. The Hondas look like they could be the team to beat this year, good to see the Halfords colours back. As for the Subarus, they look like tanks.

Interesting article in last weeks Motorsport news stating that all BTCC drivers will be required to pass a test on their knowledge of the regulations to allow them compete in the series in the future. All 32 drivers were tested at Brand Hatch with only 14 passing. The pass mark is 60% and the drivers will be tested at random throughout the season until they pass.

I do love that account.

I had the same issue with my Windows 7 laptop, but found this fix online which worked. I'm not in the slightest techy, so if you could be bothered it might work on 9 or 10:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/419/toca-2-touring-cars-working-on-windows-7

Second post down:

This Sunday:

Round 4: 11:32, Round 5: 14:27 and Round 6: 17:17.

Qualifying at 15:35 on Saturday, FP1 10:00, FP2 12:50

No Andy Neate either, who's left Dynamics in a cloud of mystery...Well, it appears that he hasn't paid his bills by the required time, but rumour has it there may be more to it.

The 32nd loan TBL will be allocated from Thruxton.

I may try that, although it was a copy I'd downloaded rather than the original (god knows where that is) which was probably as much a problem as anything. I still have a computer with Windows 7 and it should be capable of running it! Was it as good as you remembered?

It amazes me how Andy Neate keeps getting himself pretty good drives (guessing it's cash related). I appreciated he had a very bad accident a few years before making it to the BTCC but his results with decent teams have been pretty poor. Can't recall him ever having a podium.

Only just got round to watching the highlights of the first meeting. The Hondas look like they could be the team to beat this year, good to see the Halfords colours back. As for the Subarus, they look like tanks.

Interesting article in last weeks Motorsport news stating that all BTCC drivers will be required to pass a test on their knowledge of the regulations to allow them compete in the series in the future. All 32 drivers were tested at Brand Hatch with only 14 passing. The pass mark is 60% and the drivers will be tested at random throughout the season until they pass.

I'm lead to believe that some of the drivers answers may have been a bit...erm...whatever the nice way of saying not taking it in any way seriously is!

I may try that, although it was a copy I'd downloaded rather than the original (god knows where that is) which was probably as much a problem as anything. I still have a computer with Windows 7 and it should be capable of running it! Was it as good as you remembered?

It amazes me how Andy Neate keeps getting himself pretty good drives (guessing it's cash related). I appreciated he had a very bad accident a few years before making it to the BTCC but his results with decent teams have been pretty poor. Can't recall him ever having a podium.

Every bit as good, remarkable that, for a game that's almost 20yrs old, the graphics remain outstanding. It's the best game featuring a realistic re-creation of Knockhill (excluding professional simulators and things like Assetto) that I've played, far better than the Knockhill in TOCA Race Driver or Dirt 1.

The engine sounds too  :wub:

Think Neate's best result was 4th, but judging by his tweets (and this swiftly deleted Autosport comment) we won't be seeing him back in the Championship again

"The administrator hereby advises he will no longer accept any entry associated with Andy Neate."

• 3 weeks later...

Thruxton this weekend, bit monotonous after the start and end of the lap but with the suspense factor of a potential tyre blow out towards the end of the race.

The last round must be the least Plato has ever been on TV, either during the races or in interviews!

Dan Welch on pole for R3. Fantastic news. Smallest, most underfunded team in the paddock, in the oldest car with the old parts. It would be sensational to see him get a top 5 as nobody has had anywhere near as tough a time as him over the past few years in the series.

• 4 weeks later...

Oulton Park this weekend, and the Subarus have a new inlet manifold so should finally have the power at least to compete.

FP1 - 10:00

FP2 - 12:45

Quali - 15:20

Sunday

R1 - 12:17

R2 - 14:45

R3 - 16:57

Timing

Also buzzing because I'll now be at 2 of the next 3 rounds. Croft in two weeks cannot come soon enough!

Also, on the Knockhill discussion, it feels unrecognisable when I was last weekend for the SMRC. They've removed the forrest at the East of the circuit and built two enclosures. Was very disorientating at first.

Oulton Park this weekend, and the Subarus have a new inlet manifold so should finally have the power at least to compete.

FP1 - 10:00

FP2 - 12:45

Quali - 15:20

Sunday

R1 - 12:17

R2 - 14:45

R3 - 16:57

Timing

Also buzzing because I'll now be at 2 of the next 3 rounds. Croft in two weeks cannot come soon enough!

Also, on the Knockhill discussion, it feels unrecognisable when I was last weekend for the SMRC. They've removed the forrest at the East of the circuit and built two enclosures. Was very disorientating at first.

Come on the Scoobys....I'm biased though. Cheers for the info for some action on a quiet sporting weekend. Plus we have Indycar in Detroit and Nascar in Pocono.

Come on the Scoobys....I'm biased though. Cheers for the info for some action on a quiet sporting weekend. Plus we have Indycar in Detroit and Nascar in Pocono.

I don't know if it exists, but something like this website for motorsport would be absolutely awesome

Subaru looking really quick, think Plato could have caught second if he'd passed sheddon at the first attempt, given the gap he had over the Honda after a couple of laps. Race 2 could be a 1-2, but quite worrying that Warren Scott's fire shows they may not be out the woods yet!

Archived