Striking Options

kenny131

54 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

Is Fletcher not the captain now? If so he's nailed on. I've got a bad feeling Bannan well be dropped, Burke too.

I can see Forest coming in for someone in the Slovakia game. I hope he sticks with Burke for at least the Lithuania game as a 3 of Snodgrass, Ritchie and him is very dangerous. 

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/10/2016 at 19:46, kenny131 said:

There is a few players on the same boat as naismith, not playing at club 

Hutton

Hanley

Greer

Morrison

Greer has played every single game for Blackburn this season.

5 hours ago, Underpants Gnome said:

I wouldn't start Forrest at all, unless injuries happen.. and even then I'd rather Phillips or Fraser in the squad ahead of McKay and Forrest.

I do agree he is in good form atm, but I still look at him most games and think to myself that's a one trick pony and that trick is heed doon and sprint. And even then he's not even that fast, he's just fast enough to sprint past most SPL left backs.

I might be being harsh on him here, but I'm just really not a fan.

TBH I haven't seen Forrest use his pace for a long while now. I wondered if he's either lost it due to injury, or it's been coached out of him - or at least coached into him not to go for the burst of pace trick every single time like he used to do. From what I saw vs Man City his game was more about intelligent, well-timed runs - not blistering sprints - that actually led to something (the first time cross for Dembele's opener was sublime).

Does he still have the lightning pace?

23 hours ago, Underpants Gnome said:

Why?

Because he doesnt suit us in the slightest, and looks a fair distance away from being good enough. Hes not even Celtics first choice striker if they go one up front anymore.

Because he doesnt suit us in the slightest, and looks a fair distance away from being good enough. Hes not even Celtics first choice striker if they go one up front anymore.

1st sentence could be describing Chris Martin and he started last game. On form right would hope fletcher is picked with Griffiths on bench if / when required.

23 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

TBH I haven't seen Forrest use his pace for a long while now. I wondered if he's either lost it due to injury, or it's been coached out of him - or at least coached into him not to go for the burst of pace trick every single time like he used to do. From what I saw vs Man City his game was more about intelligent, well-timed runs - not blistering sprints - that actually led to something (the first time cross for Dembele's opener was sublime).

I think he's still quick. Man City will almost certainly have lightning quick defenders.

On 03/10/2016 at 15:34, Gordopolis said:

23 minutes ago, woof! said:

I think he's still quick. Man City will almost certainly have lightning quick defenders.

He was up against Clichy that night, who's pretty pacey himself. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

2 hours ago, dogmc said:

1st sentence could be describing Chris Martin and he started last game. On form right would hope fletcher is picked with Griffiths on bench if / when required.

Martin would probably suit us about the same as Griffiths would against Lithuania, perhaps even slightly more.  We're going to need someone better with hold-up play given that Lithuania are likely to sit in deep and not give someone like Griffiths much chance to get in behind.

Of course, if it's hold-up play you're wanting, I'd find it baffling if he went with Martin anyway, given the form Fletcher is in.  He's the all round better player.  Griffiths will get his chance, but he's barely played since he pulled out of the last squad.  He's nowhere near deserving to start at the moment.

Get Fletcher's mad stupid-looking face up there.

• 3 weeks later...

Tbf Alvaro 'the beast' negredo and Nugent have scored 1 goal between them all season. Rhodes must be utter shite to be falling out of the squad entirely behind both.

I reckon Karanka will be panic sacked in a few months anyway (though they got a respectable goalless draw with Arsenal today from what I'm hearing)

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Tbf Alvaro 'the beast' negredo and Nugent have scored 1 goal between them all season. Rhodes must be utter shite to be falling out of the squad entirely behind both.

should still get him a game for scotland tbf, fletcher was getting starts for scotland when he couldnt get a strip on matchdays for sunderland under advocaat etc

6 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I reckon Karanka will be panic sacked in a few months anyway (though they got a respectable goalless draw with Arsenal today from what I'm hearing)

Steve Gibson gives managers a lot of time (sometimes too much) so can't see Karanka being panic sacked. Boro should've won today, had great chances, but Negredo (worst player for Boro today and hasn't been good for a few weeks now) missed them. I thought Negredo looked great at the start of the season but I'd love Rhodes to get a proper shot now. 

Steve Gibson gives managers a lot of time (sometimes too much) so can't see Karanka being panic sacked. Boro should've won today, had great chances, but Negredo (worst player for Boro today and hasn't been good for a few weeks now) missed them. I thought Negredo looked great at the start of the season but I'd love Rhodes to get a proper shot now. 

Yeah Gibson does have a track record of loyalty, but I just wonder given that this season is the start of the EPL's new golden handshake contract. Going down this year would be a catastrophe and Karanka's 'Boro so far look torpid and toothless.

9 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah Gibson does have a track record of loyalty, but I just wonder given that this season is the start of the EPL's new golden handshake contract. Going down this year would be a catastrophe and Karanka's 'Boro so far look torpid and toothless.

Looked much better today as really should've beaten Arsenal at The Emirates. Maybe Rhodes would be the man to put away the chances Negredo wasted.

Archived