Striking Options

kenny131

Fletcher will start.  Had Griffiths been fully fit since the last game, I'd imagine he'd be the best option against a slightly weaker team.  Have him on the bench available for - hopefully - when we have the game in our hands.

Just please not Martin again.

Agreed. Hopefully Burke ritchie n snodgrass are all playing too.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fletcher banging in goals at that level will hopefully put an end to the idea that scoring goals in the championship is any indication of ability at international level. The clamouring for the likes of Rhodes and McCormack as superstars surely shot down already

47 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Fletcher banging in goals at that level will hopefully put an end to the idea that scoring goals in the championship is any indication of ability at international level. The clamouring for the likes of Rhodes and McCormack as superstars surely shot down already

Think it's more about form than anything else. I was against Fletcher starting so many games last year because he was in and out of the Sunderland team, he was struggling to find form and so were the team. I felt McCormack should of been given a chance due to his form.

However, now Fletcher has found a team that is giving him regular game time and he's now arguably the best striking option we have based on his form this season as Griffiths has been injured for the most part, McCormack has struggled since moving to Villa and Martin has struggled at Fulham and Rhodes isn't getting a sniff in the PL.

Strikers are all about confidence.

6 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Steady on, he's scored 4 goals. And if you're saying that scoring at that level doesn't mean you're fit for international duty, does that mean you don't want Fletcher to start?

8 hours ago, forameus said:

Fletcher will start.  Had Griffiths been fully fit since the last game, I'd imagine he'd be the best option against a slightly weaker team.  Have him on the bench available for - hopefully - when we have the game in our hands.

Just please not Martin again.

I hope it's fletcher that starts been impressed with him recently at Wednesday it's amazing the difference in strikers when there nabbing goals,  I think he will get much better service now we have snoddy and burke breaking forward he won't be so isolated.

32 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Fletcher with Grifffiths alongside him is the way to go.

We're not playing 4-4-2.

The only way they'll both play is if they did what they did against Denmark and play Fletcher as the man behind Griffiths.  But they won't, because we have Snodgrass now.  

Archived