Striking Options

kenny131

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've gone to shit because they're refused to sell a player whos then gone in meltdown and the whole playing staff is ruptured down the middle because of it.

Fucking hell.

They've gone to shit because they're refused to sell a player whos then gone in meltdown and the whole playing staff is ruptured down the middle because of it.

Fucking hell.

I wouldn't even bother, this place is full of fucktards.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fucking hell.

I genuinely don't know the background to this - who's the player?

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I genuinely don't know the background to this - who's the player?

Forestieri. They rejected an offer from Derby a few weeks ago, so he refused to train or travel with the squad to the norwich game. Half the squad turned against him for his actions, half the squad turned against the club for refusing to let him leave. They won the league game before that happened, and haven't won since. 

Clearly though its Fletchers fault though.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Forestieri. They rejected an offer from Derby a few weeks ago, so he refused to train or travel with the squad to the norwich game. Half the squad turned against him for his actions, half the squad turned against the club for refusing to let him leave. They won the league game before that happened, and haven't won since. 

Clearly though its Fletchers fault though.

Cheers. Sounds like a mess there.

Wonder if Rhodes-> Huddersfield might work out? They're flying high and he has a strong connection there.

Two interesting developments last night:

• Martin to Fulham on loan with a view to a permanent move: hope it stokes a resurgence in his form.
  • Rhodes stays at 'Boro despite offers to take him

Hope both do well and put pressure on Strachan to give them a chance. 

11 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Two interesting developments last night:

• Martin to Fulham on loan with a view to a permanent move: hope it stokes a resurgence in his form.
  • Rhodes stays at 'Boro despite offers to take him

Hope both do well and put pressure on Strachan to give them a chance. 

Strange one with Rhodes.  Not taking up offers suggests that they have plans for him, but I'd imagine both Negredo and Nugent will be ahead of him in the pecking order.  Not playing him in the League Cup was telling.  Possible they see him purely as a third option should both Negredo and Nugent be unavailable, which means he's unlikely to get much time at all.  Doubt we'll see him called up for a while.

I don't see much change in Martin either.  He's been banging them in pretty consistently since he first appeared, but he's still looked pretty poor for us.  Hopefully that does change, but if we have all our first choice forwards, he's still third in line at best.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

Strange one with Rhodes.  Not taking up offers suggests that they have plans for him, but I'd imagine both Negredo and Nugent will be ahead of him in the pecking order.  Not playing him in the League Cup was telling.  Possible they see him purely as a third option should both Negredo and Nugent be unavailable, which means he's unlikely to get much time at all.  Doubt we'll see him called up for a while.

I don't see much change in Martin either.  He's been banging them in pretty consistently since he first appeared, but he's still looked pretty poor for us.  Hopefully that does change, but if we have all our first choice forwards, he's still third in line at best.

There's a theory with Rhodes that playing him in the EPL would have triggered an extra payment to Blackburn, so they were hesitant to use him (prior to potentially selling him a few days later). But now that the window has passed they're going to go forward without any such constraints. Still doesn't look too promising for Rhodes tho. Up to him to prove people wrong tho.

Interesting Gordopolis!

On a different note finding the comments from McGee about McCormack startling re how they have a pool of 45 they want to chose from and will likely use. I think that just sums up those two in charge in that they do not have a clue what their best system or players actually. One thing I did agree with him on is that Transfer Fee values shouldn't dictate selection, it shouldn't, when you consider how Cash Rich England is the fee is immaterial these days.

Interesting Gordopolis!

On a different note finding the comments from McGee about McCormack startling re how they have a pool of 45 they want to chose from and will likely use. I think that just sums up those two in charge in that they do not have a clue what their best system or players actually. One thing I did agree with him on is that Transfer Fee values shouldn't dictate selection, it shouldn't, when you consider how Cash Rich England is the fee is immaterial these days.

What did mcgee say?

7 minutes ago, dogmc said:

What did mcgee say?

basically that they've got a pool of players that they watch, and that theres more than just mccormack thats missed out for the squad. criticising them for having a pool of players is bizarre, i'm going to imagine almost all international managers do the same as a way to monitor players  

Archived