Cultural appropriation

banana

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird, as a white, straight, middle class male I've somehow avoided the rabid feminists / cultural marxists / curtural appropriation police / PEECEEBRIGADE having any impact on my life whatsoever.

They've not stopped me doing okay in life, the odd lunatic like this burd haven't succeeded in influencing my opinion on anything etc.

If someone can explain why I should feel threatened or even mildly bothered, I'm all ears.

It's weird, as a white, straight, middle class male I've somehow avoided the rabid feminists / cultural marxists / curtural appropriation police / PEECEEBRIGADE having any impact on my life whatsoever.

They've not stopped me doing okay in life, the odd lunatic like this burd haven't succeeded in influencing my opinion on anything etc.

If someone can explain why I should feel threatened or even mildly bothered, I'm all ears.

That's about the gist of it.  As unpleasant as that lassie undoubtedly is, with the possible exception of some universities where folk are afraid to tell any sort of activist 'no', we're talking about a fringe group of mentalists with very little influence.

Are Celtic Football Club involved in this?  Sounds like their bag.

They've issued a statement saying only the Irish are allowed to eat potatoes.

Maybe they should have issued a statement saying only the Irish are not allowed to eat potatoes.

I can see this CA being damn tricky.

Pretty much this.

I kind of associate this stroppy nonsense with the Americans to be honest. Over here it's only students that will get involved and that rules me out of much contact with it.

Raised an eyebrow, moved on.

Very doubtful, whether you're blind to it or not. No doubt the middle class thing has helped you considerably, it's a pity you and these kind of folks didn't pay more attention to wealth gaps than judging folk on their skin colour and sex.

It's not an 'odd lunatic', it's based on formal, structured ideology, taught and disseminated largely at universities, that then over time feeds into society as people graduate and gain influence in government, media, workplaces, advocacy groups, etc etc etc etc. That's been the path of modern feminism over the last 30 years, and that it continues to take, and it very clearly has influenced your opinion.

Read opposing propaganda than just that in the Guardian and the Independent. Better still, also do your own reading separate from the MSM.

That's about the gist of it.  As unpleasant as that lassie undoubtedly is, with the possible exception of some universities where folk are afraid to tell any sort of activist 'no', we're talking about a fringe group of mentalists with very little influence.

Absolutely incorrect. See above.

I've (tried to at least) explain many times, especially where feminism and censorship is concerned. You're not all ears tbf.

Very doubtful, whether you're blind to it or not. No doubt the middle class thing has helped you considerably, it's a pity you and these kind of folks didn't pay more attention to wealth gaps than judging folk on their skin colour and sex.

It's not an 'odd lunatic', it's based on formal, structured ideology, taught and disseminated largely at universities, that then over time feeds into society as people graduate and gain influence in government, media, workplaces, advocacy groups, etc etc etc etc. That's been the path of modern feminism over the last 30 years, and that it continues to take, and it very clearly has influenced your opinion.

Read opposing propaganda than just that in the Guardian and the Independent. Better still, also do your own reading separate from the MSM.

Absolutely incorrect. See above.

I've (tried to at least) explain many times, especially where feminism and censorship is concerned. You're not all ears tbf.

Lots of crazy words.

They've issued a statement saying only the Irish are allowed to eat potatoes.

Maybe they should have issued a statement saying only the Irish are not allowed to eat potatoes.

I can see this CA being damn tricky.

Serious question - do Celtic sell potatoes at their pie stalls? Is it more culturally insensitive to sell them or not sell them.

If you eat Brussels Sprouts and you're not actually Belgian then you're worse than Daesh

If you eat Black Forrest Gateaux but you don't come from the Black Forrest, does that make you culturally offensive or just a fat c**t?

Banana is a mysogynistic woman hating f**k. It's that simple.

That seems to be the case, yes.  

Another thread for the savage right wingers to feel good about themselves, I suppose.

Cultural appropriation - like false consciousness - is a myth that exists in the minds of right minded students and nobody else. It's hardly an issue worth getting steamed up about either way.

That seems to be the case, yes.

Another thread for the savage right wingers to feel good about themselves, I suppose.

Cultural appropriation - like false consciousness - is a myth that exists in the minds of right minded students and nobody else. It's hardly an issue worth getting steamed up about either way.

Ah but you see, they're the only ones who get all the influential positions in government and business and therefore dreadlocks will be banned outside of Africa in 20 years.

Archived