Cultural appropriation

banana

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, but the question is - is it right to stop someone else who is not Scottish wearing one?

No of course not, the whole think is a nonsense.

Notice the reaction of the daft lassie in the video when she realised she was being filmed. :lol:

I'd feel a bit weird if I turned up to an Englishman's wedding in England and all of the English guests were wearing kilts and demanding Loch Lomond be put on.

That sounds a bit like Celtic games where people fly Irish flags.

The ironic thing is this reads as though you feel like you, as a straight white male, are the oppressed one. You seem whinier than any minority group member as a result.

No, I'm calling out 'progressive' identity politics, which claims to be fighting racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.... by formally judging/ranking people by the colour of their skin, their sex, their sexuality, etc. This shit isn't accidental, it's formal, structured ideology.

This issue is clearly not significant or impacting on anyone's lives other than a couple of people trying to get free yoga classes in Ottawa though. Unless you count being told you can't name a sports team after a stereotype of a group which were ethnically cleansed by your ancestors counts as being impacted.

For cultural appropriation, perhaps for the time being, depends on the push back against it. If it gains momentum in the US, then it will gain traction in the UK eventually like 'progressive' and feminist dogma tends to.

The underlying and related stuff that gives rise to cultural appropriation fascism absolutely is significant and impacting on society, culture, media, employment, academia, education, politics, people's lives.

No, I'm calling out 'progressive' identity politics, which claims to be fighting racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.... by formally judging/ranking people by the colour of their skin, their sex, their sexuality, etc. This shit isn't accidental, it's formal, structured ideology.

For cultural appropriation, perhaps for the time being, depends on the push back against it. If it gains momentum in the US, then it will gain traction in the UK eventually like 'progressive' and feminist dogma tends to.

The underlying and related stuff that gives rise to cultural appropriation fascism absolutely is significant and impacting on society, culture, media, employment, academia, education, politics, people's lives.

What a way to live!

Power and control through victimhood status top trumps, beautifully aided by years of silencing of dissent against political correctness, using tools like shaming language ('white supremacist', 'racist', etc). Same tactic as modern feminism ('misogynist', 'rape apologist', etc), it all falls under the same victimhood umbrella. Your rights end where my feelings start. Very clever, very dangerous.

As an aside, another boost for Trump.

thought-bubbles-right.jpg

Atkinson_App.jpg

Archived