Cultural appropriation

banana

One of the stranger modern bludgeons of control of the modern crybully 'progressives'/feminists rears it's ugly head in public again. Yes, the particularly ugly offspring of political correctness that is the sociopathic mental illness of cultural appropriation and its policing.

Check out this entitled fascist:

This follows the recent yoga banning, Asian food tantrums, and meltdowns over wearing kimonos.

What's your cultural appropriation faux pas? Any of the P&B cultural appropriation SS willing to spill some beans?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this a thing?

Power and control through victimhood status top trumps, beautifully aided by years of silencing of dissent against political correctness, using tools like shaming language ('white supremacist', 'racist', etc). Same tactic as modern feminism ('misogynist', 'rape apologist', etc), it all falls under the same victimhood umbrella. Your rights end where my feelings start. Very clever, very dangerous.

As an aside, another boost for Trump.

Here's another cracker - backed by administrators leading to social punishments and being kicked out of dorm, some 'progressive' fascists had meltdowns over a party where there were mini sombreros.

So it's only women who are cultural appropriators?

Where are you getting that from?

The likelyhood of being called out for or be 'guilty' of cultural appropriation is I guess inversely proportional to a person's victimhood status. The more victimised minority statuses you can attach to yourself, the greater your claim to being oppressed, in this case by (non-)issues such as cultural appropriation.

So under this regime, being e.g. a black woman like in the video, you are given entitlement over those 'less oppressed', e.g. the white dude in the video. If e.g. this guy doesn't heel, in this case to her cultural appropriation fascism, he's being highly insensitive to her oppression and is probably a racist.

More than this, you can if you want gain the same power by choosing any sexuality but straight, choosing any gender but male, choosing any colour except white, choosing any ethnicity that's had a rough deal historically (e.g. native Americans), choose any religion other than Christianity, any any other victim statuses you can muster. Yes, choose - in modern identity politics, you can 'identify' as whatever the f**k you want. Born a white boy with a Christian German background and felt straight your whole life? Switch that shit up and identify as a brown bisexual African transgender Taoist - hey presto, victimhood status! Even better, make up your own gender.

It's structured bigotry that claims to be fighting racism, sexism, etc etc.

Strangely, class doesn't come into it, so you inevitably end up with lots of young rich people claiming that they're massively oppressed :1eye

Don't get it.

I've read this a few times and got absolutely nae clue what's going on here.

Not surprised, it's an ideological clusterfuck.

Reading the links will help.

Here's another cracker - backed by administrators leading to social punishments and being kicked out of dorm, some 'progressive' fascists had meltdowns over a party where there were mini sombreros.

The likelyhood of being called out for or be 'guilty' of cultural appropriation is I guess inversely proportional to a person's victimhood status. The more victimised minority statuses you can attach to yourself, the greater your claim to being oppressed, in this case by (non-)issues such as cultural appropriation.

So under this regime, you can if you want gain power by choosing any sexuality but straight, choosing any gender but male, choosing any colour except white, choosing any ethnicity that's had a rough deal historically (e.g. native Americans), choose any religion other than Christianity, any any other victim statuses you can muster. Yes, choose - in modern identity politics, you can 'identify' as whatever the f**k you want. Born a white boy with a Christian German background and felt straight your whole life? Switch that shit up and identify as a brown bisexual African transgender Taoist - hey presto, victimhood status! Even better, make up your own gender.

Strangely, class doesn't come into it, so you inevitably end up with lots of young rich people claiming that they're massively oppressed :1eye

The ironic thing is this reads as though you feel like you, as a straight white male, are the oppressed one. You seem whinier than any minority group member as a result.

Personally my heart says that white people with dreadlocks should be shot for looking like twats, but my head says people should be able to do what they want as long as they aren't harming anyone.

This issue is clearly not significant or impacting on anyone's lives other than a couple of people trying to get free yoga classes in Ottawa though. Unless you count being told you can't name a sports team after a stereotype of a group which were ethnically cleansed by your ancestors counts as being impacted.

Where I'm getting it from is that you linked it early on to feminism. So I thought it was either only women who were cultural appropriators or that you were a misogynist, and I knew the latter couldn't be true.

Is this part of the whole, "no-platforming" " safe space" thing that's going on at universities these days?

So under this type of thinking, only genetically pure Scottish people can wear tartan ( worn traditionally as opposed to the modern kilt)

I think.

Not progress in the 21st century

To be honest certain people always whinge about how Lowlanders are playing fancy dress by wearing kilts anyway. A lot of our symbols are based upon tweeness and patronising.

Yip, wearing a kilt is not part of my heritage.

I

Archived