Cultural appropriation

banana

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There was actually a full blown and hilarious debate about it on the telly between Rusty Lee and Levi Roots (who is chilled as f**k). Old Rusty screaming 'this is our recipe by our people and no one else should be allowed to interpret it' was particularly disturbing. 

Bizzare Fact of the Day: Rustie Lee is a stood as the UKIP candidate for the Wyre Forest in the 2005 Election

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been explaining and warning about the rapid growth of this in my P&B Newsletter for the past five years.
It's the group identity-based victimhood industry, with political correctness as the silencing weapon. This Jamie Oliver thing is racism which needs tackled. Dissent and you're a racist.
See also Feminism - everything is now sexism, and you're a sexist if you dissent.
Redefining words and their scope, and railing on anyone who dissents is classic totalitarian ideological activism. It's very effective, against those without a pair of eyes and a spine at least.

I’m certainly not as extreme as you in your views but I do agree with this to a degree.

Diversity and equality ARE good things but not at the abandonment of sense and logic. The social media age we live in has allowed this narrative to spiral out of control at times IMO.

Everyone has a right to express what they feel but equally everyone has a right to tell them they need to calm down. An extended debate over microwaveable rice is a stupendous waste of everyone’s energy and time.

Clearly there’s a balance as you don’t want to silence genuine complaints but honestly stuff like this will just put more people off than it will gain support.

I've been explaining and warning about the rapid growth of this in my P&B Newsletter for the past five years.
It's the group identity-based victimhood industry, with political correctness as the silencing weapon. This Jamie Oliver thing is racism which needs tackled. Dissent and you're a racist.
See also Feminism - everything is now sexism, and you're a sexist if you dissent.
Redefining words and their scope, and railing on anyone who dissents is classic totalitarian ideological activism. It's very effective, against those without a pair of eyes and a spine at least.
If Jamie Oliver has been silenced then why is the potato faced faux cockney c**t on the TV all the time?

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

DW5351.jpg.0bf86c82a21ed13584cd3e5b1d39097e.jpg

I'm outraged, where do I get my compensation?

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Fucking love them. Only problem is they only appear during haggis related events.

I'm Scottish - Is my whole life not a haggis related event ?

1 hour ago, Arabdownunder said:
3 hours ago, banana said:

If Jamie Oliver has been silenced then why is the potato faced faux cockney c**t on the TV all the time?

As long as the pasty-faced monster-tounged fanny maggot is in Australia that's fine by me.

DW5351.jpg.0bf86c82a21ed13584cd3e5b1d39097e.jpg

I'm outraged, where do I get my compensation?
A better comparison would be Yanks selling tinned haggis made entirely out of baloney sausage meat. Jamie's version of Jamaica's national dish doesn't contain a single authentic ingredient. Can't abide the cultural appropriation term but he's definitely taking the pish.

3 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

As long as the pasty-faced monster-tounged fanny maggot is in Australia that's fine by me.

you have to admire the vitriol that Mr Oliver generates - he seems to have a more colourful range of obscenity-laden nicknames than any other "celebrity"

i believe it was Viz who labelled him as "a fish-lipped c**t" - that's the most enduringly popular one dahn sarf...

On 8/21/2018 at 10:34, Dons_1988 said:

’m certainly not as extreme as you in your views but I do agree with this to a degree.

Diversity and equality ARE good things but not at the abandonment of sense and logic. The social media age we live in has allowed this narrative to spiral out of control at times IMO.

This is part of what I'm talking about regarding language.

What do you mean by extreme, diversity and equality? Why are my views extreme, why are yours not? Why are diversity and equality, however you define them, a good thing?

As far as I can tell, diversity, equality, tolerance, inclusive, etc. are all intentionally vague  and face-value harmless propaganda terms that allow battering through of ideological activism, which only racists/sexists/transphobes/etc. could possibly object to.

Archived