Cultural appropriation

banana

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Nothing demonstrates an opposition to "identity politics" and nationalism quite like having a massive union flag as your avatar. 

Bringing Scotland, Ireland and England together, mate.  I'm all about inclusion 

51 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I originally dismissed this thread as a joke but you have an excellent point here.  I can also see why other posters dismissed you as a loon-ball (you probably are, anyway) but they are just embarrassed by your insight.

The truth is that The ScotNats are all about 'identity politics'.  We see this in the posters on here.  Nationalism is essentially about division and vaunting one faction over another, issues aside. 

Scottish Nazionalism has nothing to do with what's fair and reasonable but all to do with rewriting of Scotland's story to fit in with a faux narrative.

The old adage if you've nothing sensible to say, say nothing should have prevented this Sevco-esque statement. 

Those that champion Scotland ( not you ) like the idea that Scotland - with everything already in place - should be run like a country.   Something that statistical and financial evidence proves it would help the people of Scotland.   

What we voted on in 2014 proposed a continuing union with England and rUK and absolutely nothing to do with division, instead making Scotland powerful to decide whether we wanted to waste money bombing Syria.   The anglophobic card is pathetic.   It's the equivalent of remain voters suggesting all leave voters are anti-Italian.    Truth is you don't think Scotland should be a normal country,  and you're prepared to make Scotland worse because of your football team.   

Then you move onto division whereby you'll advocate Scotland dismisses partnership with 27 nations of the EU to remain in a partnership with 3 nations.   

We can all see through your irrational, sevco driven narrative.   It's nationalist first for you, common sense on the backburner.  

7 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

What we voted on in 2014 proposed a continuing union with England and rUK and absolutely nothing to do with division

This is, simply, codswallop.  Revisionistic shite.  What was voted on in 2014 was division from the the UK.  Thankfully the sane people of Scotland, whose country forged the British Empire, said no.  Thank f**k for sane Scots who recognise that our past and our future is delightfully entwined with the rest of the good folk from our isles.  I guess, too, that they recognised the massive contribution Scots have made to our united kingdom.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is, simply, codswallop.  Revisionistic shite.  What was voted on in 2014 was division from the the UK.  Thankfully the sane people of Scotland, whose country forged the British Empire, said no.  Thank f**k for sane Scots who recognise that our past and our future is delightfully entwined with the rest of the good folk from our isles.  I guess, too, that they recognised the massive contribution Scots have made to our united kingdom.

What was voted in in 2014 was making Scotland a normal country.   You from your answer thinkthe people of Scotland are "insane" for wanting Scotland to be country.   

We wanted Scotland to be a normal country in a union with england and the rest of the nations of these islands and you found this "insane".    Absolutely nobody is fooled by the reason why you hold these illogical thoughts.   Team: Rangers is always a giveaway.  

5 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

We wanted Scotland to be a normal country in a union with england 

Scotland is a normal country in union with England.  'You' tried to vote against this.  

'Team Rangers' has heehaw to do with it.  You made a point that is utterly risible.  Not that I'm surprised.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland is a normal country in union with England.  'You' tried to vote against this.  

'Team Rangers' has heehaw to do with it.  You made a point this is utterly risible.  Not that I'm surprised.

As always you point dissolves the moment you make it.    Scotland isn't a normal country as it doesn't have the powers attributed to a normal county.  It's therefore either not a country ( a view held my many experts) or a quasi-anonymous country.   

What we voted for in 2014 was to make Scotland a normal country and to remain in the union with the UK and the rest of the EU.   

It's time to stop getting things wrong and explain why you don't think Scotland should be a normal country?     

1 minute ago, PB 4.2 said:

What we voted for in 2014 was to make Scotland a normal country and to remain in the union with the UK and the rest of the EU.   

Absolute madness.  This wasn't what the failed independence vote was for.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolute madness.  This wasn't what the failed independence vote was for.

Use of the term "absolute madness" only makes folk feel like you've absolutely lost the plot.   

You seem determined to swerve the question why you're passionate that Scotland shouldn't be a (normal) country?  

I was delighted to vote for it given the obvious benefits for Scotland.  I was delighted that we'd still be in a union with the rUK and europe.   WOW  it would have been brilliant for Scotland. 

It's mental watching you floundering trying to tread water given your irrational attitude which is solely because of your football team, not your hatred of Scotland.   

2 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

I was delighted that we'd still be in a union with the rUK

So the Scottish Independence vote was to be in union with rUK?  What sort of alternative world are you living in?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

So the Scottish Independence vote was to be in union with rUK?  What sort of alternative world are you living in?

Are you telling me the SG didn't wish to be members of the EU?     This is really basic stuff btw. It shouldn't be a joining the dots exercise. 

The preference was of course - as the entire population of the world ( bar you_) knows - was to make Scotland a country in the union of nations.   

As a unionist why are you in favour of Scotland being powerless but in a union with 3 nations and not 27?   

11 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Are you telling me the SG didn't wish to be members of the EU?     

This was not something that was voted on, nor should it be.  The vote was on Scotland not being part of The UK.  The extraordinary thing is that you stated, explicitly,  that, "What we voted for in 2014 was to make Scotland... remain in the union with the UK".

Extraordinary.

Anyone else think that the 2014 independence vote was for Scotland to remain in union with the UK?  I know that was the happy outcome, though.

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Cinco de Mayo is a bit of a circus but it's perpetrated by Mexicans.

Anyway, here's some more cultural appropriation-
https://www.today.com/style/teen-who-wore-traditional-chinese-dress-prom-faces-backlash-t128426

Telling women what they can and can't wear is 'Progressive', you bigot! :angry:

Anyway, checked my kitchen and to my horror found a pizza, two pairs of chopsticks, a pineapple, a Guinness pint glass, and a Patak's Jalfrezi.

#checkyourcupboardsforracism

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

This was not something that was voted on, nor should it be.  The vote was on Scotland not being part of The UK.  The extraordinary thing is that you stated, explicitly,  that, "What we voted for in 2014 was to make Scotland... remain in the union with the UK".

Extraordinary.

Anyone else think that the 2014 independence vote was for Scotland to remain in union with the UK?  I know that was the happy outcome, though.

You're drunk.   It's reasonably simple prior to inebriation.     Scotland would be been in a union with the rUK.   This is factual and you've fucked up.   Many times in you cannot and will not explain why you don't think Scotland should be a normal country?     Its extremely hard reading making allowances, but the door is always open to explain yourself!   I have the cover of evidence supporting me.....again can you explain why you don't believe Scotland should be a normal country?  

3 minutes ago, banana said:

Anyway, checked my kitchen and to my horror found a pizza, two pairs of chopsticks, a pineapple, a Guinness pint glass, and a Patak's Jalfrezi.

You have 15 minutes..... 

downloadfile-2.jpg.e2a717d1ec0561f14634c6d3523e80ee.jpg

Archived