Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 08:38, peasy23 said:

Hannah was a poor bit of casting, but nowhere near as bad as James Nesbitt as Jack Parlabane in a dreadful adaptation of Quite Ugly One Morning.

Got a bad feeling there are going to be a lot of loose ends at the end of this series of LoD, don't think it's coincidence that season 5 was commissioned long before this one was on air.

Agreed abut Nesbitt as Parlabane, that programme was utter shite.

That's Mercurio's stock in trade though, leave us all in suspense.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Specs lassie would still get it to be fair.

Just saying.

Aye but the post-coitus conversation wid be murder lol  She's the bunny boiler type anyway!!  Just saying....

40 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Actually, now if she wanted to bring her boss too.....

Well my take based on the interaction between the speccy clype and Roz was that she'd want to find a creative use for oor Thandie's new nubbin.

Regarding the above - Hastings definitely looked shifty as hell, with the "I'm satisfied H was Hilton - take my photo down" and the last look he was giving Steve and Kate. How on earth they'd be able to go all M. Night Shyalamalamalanamalalan on us and make him the top baddie given how affable he is I've absolutely no idea. He is a high-level freemason though... :unsure2:

Not so sure Jamie is a baddie as such - pretty much a given that they'll interrogate him and he'll bring up the pregnant lassie getting his password, which will in turn lead to her revealing exactly why she was helping Hilton.

Cracking end to the series, much better than the end of last season.

12 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Regarding the above - Hastings definitely looked shifty as hell, with the "I'm satisfied H was Hilton - take my photo down" and the last look he was giving Steve and Kate.

That was my take away from tonight.  The Ted "take my photo down, fella" was a set up for the new series.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the Roz interview but the rest was just too pat.  They tried to tie up too many loose ends in too short a time.

Not sure there was any real surprises in the last episode but it doesn't need twists, turns or Fleming pounding the streets with a gun if they get the drama and tension right, which is what LOD has made it's name on. Too often programmes try to go too big or cram too much into a finale but they got that spot on tonight.

FML if Hastings turns out not to be the top fella everyone thinks he is.