Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

I'm not a big watcher of terrestrial TV so am only just getting around to watching this.

Yeah, 1st series is good...recognise Morgan from Walking Dead, the ugly woman from This Is England and the guy from the first series of Cracker but why oh why are at least two Scottish actors (Martin Compston and Paul Higgins) using poncey affected English accents?

In reality are there no Scottish police detectives in England?

I reckon it's both Huntleys husband and the lawyer. He seemed almost excited when his woke up after surgery. Back story will no doubt have the pair of them teaming up at law school to commit similar as yet undetected crimes.

The Caddy story briefly re-emerging means Hiltons involvement in some high level dodginess is about to be revealed.

15 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I've said from the outset Hilton, the ACC trying to pork Roz Hunteley is the chief wrong 'un here.

Tenner says im right ! 8)

It seems too obvious for Line of Duty.

Reckon the guy Jamie will play the racism card and that combined with Huntleys allegations of sexism will force oor Ted out.

Can see Steve and Kate being promoted, with Jamie and that atrocious glasses bint being the new focus of the team.

Boke.

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Reckon the guy Jamie will play the racism card and that combined with Huntleys allegations of sexism will force oor Ted out.

Can see Steve and Kate being promoted, with Jamie and that atrocious glasses bint being the new focus of the team.

Boke.

I've got a feeling that the pregnant lassie will come clean out of guilt to feeding info to Hilton and that'll let Jamie off the hook.

Steve I think will retire due to his injuries after the case is cleared. edit: well, as cleared as anything can be on LoD anyway!

There's something I actively dislike about the atrocious glasses bint, and I can't put my finger on it.

Season has been absolutely great so far although I hope it doesn't end as farcically as the last season, with the otherwise excellent Vicky McClure looking like a hobbit going through a hideously out-of-place gun chase.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

8 hours ago, dogmc said:

Delighted there's to be another series after this one. The quality of writing and acting is 2nd to none.

Agreed...but a new series is pretty-much inevitable.  No way will they tie up all the loose ends in next week's episode.  Aside from finding a murderer they have to sort out:

Handy Thandie's evidence planting/role in the death of the forensic investigator/fitting up Farmer/fitting up the Eastern European cleaner/fitting up her husband.
Her husband's role - is he balaclava man or a patsy?
The ACC's role in the whole affair and, seemingly, in previous wrong doings.
Ted's suspension/spat with the ACC
The slimy solicitor's role in the Farmer rape case
Wee Stevie's health
The pregnant WPC's involvement with the ACC/snitching
The fitting-up of "Call me Jamie".  Though that incident was handled very badly.  Anyone who's ever worked for a large company will know the simple answer would've been, "The file was downloaded at x o'clock and I left the building y minutes earlier.  You can check this through my security card (that's one reason we have them) but I did give my user ID and password to preggy WPC"

So, I suspect we'll get a conviction on the killer but won't get closure on Roz's involvement.  She's too good a wrong 'un not to bring back for a new series.

Agreed...but a new series is pretty-much inevitable.  No way will they tie up all the loose ends in next week's episode.  Aside from finding a murderer they have to sort out:

Handy Thandie's evidence planting/role in the death of the forensic investigator/fitting up Farmer/fitting up the Eastern European cleaner/fitting up her husband.
Her husband's role - is he balaclava man or a patsy?
The ACC's role in the whole affair and, seemingly, in previous wrong doings.
Ted's suspension/spat with the ACC
The slimy solicitor's role in the Farmer rape case
Wee Stevie's health
The pregnant WPC's involvement with the ACC/snitching
The fitting-up of "Call me Jamie".  Though that incident was handled very badly.  Anyone who's ever worked for a large company will know the simple answer would've been, "The file was downloaded at x o'clock and I left the building y minutes earlier.  You can check this through my security card (that's one reason we have them) but I did give my user ID and password to preggy WPC"
So, I suspect we'll get a conviction on the killer but won't get closure on Roz's involvement.  She's too good a wrong 'un not to bring back for a new series.

You're saying you fancy thandie lets be utterly honest.....every previous sentence whilst valid was simply 'thandie xxxx'.....

4 minutes ago, dogmc said:

You're saying you fancy thandie lets be utterly honest.....every previous sentence whilst valid was simply 'thandie xxxx'.....

cor blimey guv you caught me bang to rights - that's a fair collar is a phrase never said on LoD but absolutely apposite here.  After the first episode I mentioned her on the MILF thread, though spelled her name wrongly.  I hope she forgives me:

You're right about LoD cf Sherlock.  The last series of the latter was dross.

cor blimey guv you caught me bang to rights - that's a fair collar is a phrase never said on LoD but absolutely apposite here.  After the first episode I mentioned her on the MILF thread, though spelled her name wrongly.  I hope she forgives me:
You're right about LoD cf Sherlock.  The last series of the latter was dross.

Indeed she is indeed she is fella....and your point is fella?? (Not having a go just trying to parody Dunbar )