East Fife - Queens Park

Its monday, the start of the week so lets get this thread started and get plenty of build up as no doubt most Fifers thoughts are already to the weekend and our match against Queens Park.

Predictions on teams/scores etc from both sets of fans?

Does Smith and Insall keep their starting 11 or does Austin come back in?

-Its a tough one to call, EF with plenty of confidence but last time we headed up to Hampden we were extremely confident and got battered 3-0.

I fancy 3-1 Fife

Wilkie

Smith

Insall

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted that I missed the Albion game but looking forward to watching QP get beat by East Fife this weekend. Looking at QP's recent form I am expecting a 2 or 3-0 this weekend if we can start the same way we have the last few games. I know Gary will have the boys focused and not complacent so that give everything to every remaining game. Mon the Fife!!

We were magnificent at Bayview in Decemeber, but it looks like East Fife have hit the turbo switch and look like the team to beat. We can get a result from this, but it'll be a very tough examination.

The stats for EF's home record and QP's away are remarkably similar - it's gonna be tighter than a duck's arse this one. With 8 wins from the last 10 starts EF have to be favourites but the one game they did lose was against The QP. Despite our indifferent form at home the guys still look up for it and our away record is best in the league. We're also ahead against the other 3 teams currently in the top 4 in the head-to-head games.

QP v EF 6-3 on points. QP v Elgin 5-2. QP v Clyde 7-1 

As tough as our run-in might seem, we've done really well away from home where oppos come out and play. This'll certainly be the case now at Methil, Annan and Elgin who are all chasing the top spot and Clyde at Hampden will be lively too. The fixtures are in our favour imho.

Buzzin already for this one. 

Queens Park certainly seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us, and as their supporters say they seem to play better against the better teams in the league.

I'm sure Naysmith will have learned from the 3-0 game at Hampden and will set us up accordingly. The squad is at full strength so plenty for Naysmith to ponder, especially upfront. Any 2 from Smith, Insall, Austin and even McManus.

A defeat for QP will pretty much rule them out of the title I would think, but with them still having to play Clyde and Elgin they still have a big say yet.

We were very confident last time both sides met and we were given a footballing lesson! I`m expecting a very tough game on Saturday against a team who are organised and like to play football. What a season it`s been and fingers crossed it will have a happy ending for the Fife! 2.1 EF

Touched on this a couple of weeks ago; critical six pointer that will either accelerate QP or consign our best chances to the play-offs. Matchday 30 - last season we played the Rovers and lost 0-1 and they kicked on from there. In 2011-12 we went to Alloa sitting second and needing a win to spin it and got tonked 4-0. Alloa kicked on to win that league. So it's a critical season-changing game and I hope that the players and coaches still recognise we have a chance to win this.

Gus will no doubt put out a 541 which is fair enough given EF's current form. And I don't mind Vinnie sitting deep if he plays his immaculate ballwinner game. But the rest of the midfield need to support the lone striker and it was good to hear Gus stressing that was the difference in last week's game.

The honest and the pure amongst us can rightly say we don't deserve to win it given our awful home form but surely despite all that, and given we are still in the mix, no other team has had a season to be proud of either, not yet anyway. Everything still to play for Queen's. Nothing less than a win should be the target.

*grinds teeth*

Mon the QP

QP fans are notorious for hating Clyde more than they actually support their own team. I imagine they'll all be hoping for a East Fife win as it would be the best outcome for denying the famous Bully Wee the title.

Touched on this a couple of weeks ago; critical six pointer that will either accelerate QP or consign our best chances to the play-offs. Matchday 30 - last season we played the Rovers and lost 0-1 and they kicked on from there. In 2011-12 we went to Alloa sitting second and needing a win to spin it and got tonked 4-0. Alloa kicked on to win that league. So it's a critical season-changing game and I hope that the players and coaches still recognise we have a chance to win this.

Gus will no doubt put out a 541 which is fair enough given EF's current form. And I don't mind Vinnie sitting deep if he plays his immaculate ballwinner game. But the rest of the midfield need to support the lone striker and it was good to hear Gus stressing that was the difference in last week's game.

The honest and the pure amongst us can rightly say we don't deserve to win it given our awful home form but surely despite all that, and given we are still in the mix, no other team has had a season to be proud of either, not yet anyway. Everything still to play for Queen's. Nothing less than a win should be the target.

If I travlled 2 hours, paid £30 for entry, pies and a few beers and the manager was running 5-4-1, I wouldn't be to happy.

If I travlled 2 hours, paid £30 for entry, pies and a few beers and the manager was running 5-4-1, I wouldn't be to happy.

I've been around QP for a lot longer than Gus has and I'll be around long after he's gone.Happy outcomes are always a bonus when you follow The QP.

Only an hour for me...almost a home game  :rolleyes:

QP fans are notorious for hating Clyde more than they actually support their own team. I imagine they'll all be hoping for a East Fife win as it would be the best outcome for denying the famous Bully Wee the title.

Surely the best outcome would be for The Mighty Queen's to deny Clyde the title.  :) I'm sure of it came down to us or EF on the last day of the season every Clyde fan would be rooting for The Hoops. Right?

Archived