Hereford FC

Girth

Girth i was in Hereford recently,  its a decent town. Had dinner at the Beefy Boys which was quite close to the stadium. Also went on a cider tour. 

Aye, it's not bad. It's gone through really weird stages of being pretty lively around the early 2000s then desolate for years now there's a bit of development in the area. Few good pubs there. Can't beat a beer by the River Wye. Shrewsbury (dare I say it!) is also a nice little town if you're ever in the borders. Glad you enjoyed your day mate. Weirdly went to school (same year) as one of the guys behind the Beefy Boys. Great burgers! Did you visit any of the pubs in Hereford?

Any word on whether Ronaldo can take to the pitch?

Still no word on that mate. Hopefully get a swede on the pitch too! :thumsup2

Morpeth have now sold about 1,500 tickets which isn't bad for a village.

Aye, it's not bad. It's gone through really weird stages of being pretty lively around the early 2000s then desolate for years now there's a bit of development in the area. Few good pubs there. Can't beat a beer by the River Wye. Shrewsbury (dare I say it!) is also a nice little town if you're ever in the borders. Glad you enjoyed your day mate. Weirdly went to school (same year) as one of the guys behind the Beefy Boys. Great burgers! Did you visit any of the pubs in Hereford?

Still no word on that mate. Hopefully get a swede on the pitch too! :thumsup2

Morpeth have now sold about 1,500 tickets which isn't bad for a village.

I've never thought of "the borders" in terms of Wales before, "the borders" always conjures up images of Hadrian's Wall.

The Border on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish...

Girth - I heard the same reports about the night life dying down, the guys we were staying with were ex army in late 20's and weren't that bothered about night life so much. It was the Weston cider place we went to.

Went to a couple pubs on the town centre not far from the cathedral, can't remember what they were called, one food place was quite like a wetherspoons though!

I liked it as a town and seems like a nice place to be from, traffic seemed like the worst thing about it!

Girth - I heard the same reports about the night life dying down, the guys we were staying with were ex army in late 20's and weren't that bothered about night life so much. It was the Weston cider place we went to.

Went to a couple pubs on the town centre not far from the cathedral, can't remember what they were called, one food place was quite like a wetherspoons though!

I liked it as a town and seems like a nice place to be from, traffic seemed like the worst thing about it!

Tbh, it's a place that was nice to grow up and although it's a bit (very) dull at times I like visiting occasionally. Always been a few good pubs there. Prices still cheapest pint in England apparently!

Traffic? Yep, one road coming in from each direction. Tractors (literally sometimes) blocking the traffic...ooh arggh!

I've never thought of "the borders" in terms of Wales before, "the borders" always conjures up images of Hadrian's Wall.

The Border on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish...

Welsh borders are kinda weird. Hay on Wye (for example) is bang on the line but the shopowners there sound super Welsh yet Herefordians all proper West Country. Chepstow is like an English town in Wales and Oswestry is a Welsh town in England...MENTAL!

A mate of mine from the pub is a Hereford fan and he's going down for it. We were laughing at Ronaldo getting paraded earlier in the season - who knew he could potentially be leading the team out at Wembley!? I hope they let him.

A mate of mine from the pub is a Hereford fan and he's going down for it. We were laughing at Ronaldo getting paraded earlier in the season - who knew he could potentially be leading the team out at Wembley!? I hope they let him.

It would be ace if it happens. Let your mate know there's a pre-final party the night before at Duke's Head in Pimlico. Think it's a ticket affair though.  

Tbh, it's a place that was nice to grow up and although it's a bit (very) dull at times I like visiting occasionally. Always been a few good pubs there. Prices still cheapest pint in England apparently!

Traffic? Yep, one road coming in from each direction. Tractors (literally sometimes) blocking the traffic...ooh arggh![/quote

Definitely not the most boring of places and plenty cities and places within an easy commute. I'm not that big a fan of cider however!

The traffic was chaotic, remember spending a good 20 minutes at a junction when attempting to get dropped off at the train station! Could certainly do with a bypass of some sort.

Traffic? Yep, one road coming in from each direction. Tractors (literally sometimes) blocking the traffic...ooh arggh![/quote

Definitely not the most boring of places and plenty cities and places within an easy commute. I'm not that big a fan of cider however!

The traffic was chaotic, remember spending a good 20 minutes at a junction when attempting to get dropped off at the train station! Could certainly do with a bypass of some sort.

I'm not a cider fan either tbh. Try one of Hereford's Wye Valley Ales (Butty Bach!) - yum!

Without trying to put a dampener on this thread, it's hardly surprising or uncommon to see newly reformed clubs winning stuff in their first year.

They normally end up playing well below where their natural level would be, and have a bigger support and greater resources than the teams who normally play in these leagues.

Exactly Darlington 1883 being latest club to go through the lower leagues.

They are now just 2 divisions off the football league after 3 promotions in 4 seasons.

Exactly Darlington 1883 being latest club to go through the lower leagues. They are now just 2 divisions off the football league after 3 promotions in 4 seasons.

We're now four promotions away (I think) but step 9 has been great fun. Also Ronaldo is coming to Wembley! CHAMPIONS! :thumsup2

Glad to see Darlo doing well btw. :)

• 3 weeks later...