Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Hearts to get a 25k seater stadium they'd need an absolute monster of a stand, something like a 13,000 seater?

Something like Vlads crazy plan before the banking collapse? 

90radh.jpg

20,000 is fine. This season has been one of our highest uptakes for season tickets ever, and it'd be naive to expect us to sustain that. I'd much rather have close to a full house every week rather than chasing the sun for armchair fans, and preferably with giving away teams no more than half the Roseburn while at it.

Have to say I think this is bang on. Whilst Scottish football could really do with a stadium this side of the country that can hold 25-30,000 for semi-final use, from a purely Hearts point of view just over 20,000 sounds perfect. The experience for your own regular supporters should be the priority.

You just need to look around the leagues at grounds that were built purely for the part-time fans that turn up once or twice a season, and on the back of the ridiculous 10,000 all seater rule. As a result, most grounds in the premiership provide a pretty pish atmosphere for their most loyal supporters for the vast majority of home matches, and for matches against the 'big' clubs lose all home advantage.

Nice work Mrs Budge, but I agree with Davie Bhoy that Scottish football has missed an opportunity to have a ground around 25,000 + capacity for cup fixtures which wont fill the larger grounds n Glasgow. Could have offered a good alternative and may have provided extra cash for Hearts.

What teams would sell out over 21,000 but be too small to use hampden?

Cup semi finals.where teams may just be able to attract around 10,000 -15,000 each.

Much better atmosphere IMO

I couldn't think of two sides who would jointly attract that at a semi final. Hibs Hearts Aberdeen all against each other in a semi is more than 30k which is hampden. They sides against any other side your looking at 20,000 max.

Ideally clubs want a ground that will sell out a few times a season

If it sells out frequently then you're regularly turning away paying customers

If it never, or hardly ever, sells out then you've wasted money on excess unused capacity

Quite what the optimum number of sellouts per season is depends on ticket pricing, steel prices, cost of capital etc...

But I reckon it's about five

What teams would sell out over 21,000 but be too small to use hampden?

Possibly Hibs v Dundee Utd in the semi-final. Has the potential to be under 25,000. Would be surprised if Utd bring more than 10,000 so unless Hibs have more than 15,000 then a 25,000 Tynecastle would be handy.

I couldn't think of two sides who would jointly attract that at a semi final. Hibs Hearts Aberdeen all against each other in a semi is more than 30k which is hampden. They sides against any other side your looking at 20,000 max.

Pish.

Aberdeen v Dundee United last season's league cup semi final was 29,000

Dundee v Aberdeen, Dundee v Utd, Hibs v Dundee, Hibs v Dundee Utd would all get between 20-30,000 for a semi-final.

The view from this and the main stand at Easter Road is spectacular, one of my favourites.

Aye the view was good , just a bit steep , there was a guy who did take a tumble in the stairway to the right of me and burst his face open at the bottom but he was ok in the end up of it according to Twitter and so on , but looked a sore yin . Luckily for him he got to miss the rest of the match

I think I'm right in saying the three newer Tynecastle stands were only supposed to be temporary and could be easily taken down and rebuilt elsewhere?

No idea where I got that idea from, could well be wrong. Any Hearts fans recall something like that?

I think you're right.

I'm sure they can be moved  need be.

Great news for Hearts, the ground is going to look fantastic and at the very least the atmosphere in Tynecastle will remain the same (which is the best in the league imo). 20,000 and they'll have 16/17k each week and a handful of sell-outs for the 'big' games.

I can see the benefit in having a stadium that holds 25-30,000 to hold semi's and finals for matches that will not fill Hampden (also international games if appropriate) but there's no way any club in Scotland outside the Old Firm would be looking to do that off their own back. If Hibs & Hearts ever shared a ground, then they could look at a 25-30,000 seater as they'd possibly get 16 near sell-out games.

The problem we have is not that there isn't a 25-30,000 seat stadium, its that we have a national football stadium that, though is actually a horrible ground to watch fitba at, has to be used to host every major domestic semi and final to justify itself.

Archived