Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Neiljb said:

Yes. That would teach him for playing 10-0-0 that time.

I wasnt too bothered about that whole saga.  I have seen 4-6-0 used to decent effect in italian football a few times, but trying to implement what was most likely a brand new system to the entire squad when you have a few days to implement everything was suicide really. 

49 minutes ago, thisal said:

Thistle closed the shed at the end of March and opened the Jackie Husband stand on the 3rd December. Similar sized stand without the extra office and changing facilities. So Hearts time scale seems reasonable.

It's more than 1,000 less & without a large project behind with landscaping & loads of features, plus extra council requirements

The seats problem was apparently a huge faux-pas by Scott Gardiner, who was subsequently sacked

Fair enough.  So not really the club's fault (other than appointing a shite contractor of course!)

Sure it would’ve been the same if it was another contractor too. Given the scale of the job they’ve actually done rather well, plus forgetting to order the seats didn’t actually cause any sort of setback.

Can’t really blame Hearts. They had contingencies in place.

The only shite thing for me was the way Sunday’s game was dealt with, purely from a supporters POV. Booking buses and trains etc. But that’s the only thing they can be criticised for.

43 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

It's more than 1,000 less & without a large project behind with landscaping & loads of features, plus extra council requirements

The seats problem was apparently a huge faux-pas by Scott Gardiner, who was subsequently sacked

I don’t think folk are disputing that 6 months to get it open is not a decent effort but the bit about office space etc is a red herring as it’s nowhere near finished.

Hearts haven’t been honest about this from the word go and as a consequence they now have a run of home games (8 out of 9 I believe) that makes a bit of mockery of the league.

The original date was never in a million years achievable and to say all building work runs late is just daft, that should have been factored into the opening date.

IMO that’s two reasons why Hearts have been dishonest about the opening date

• To sell season tickets (they’d have sold nowhere near the number had Murrayfield been the home ground for numerous games)
  • To avoid a scenario when they HAD to use Murrayfield for a set number of games and instead just switched fixtures/postponed games where/when possible to save on cash.

The bit about seats was a blatant lie. The stadium was nowhere near finished. The seats might have been late arriving but they had nothing to do with any delays.

Like Thsitle said, had it been an Edinburgh Derby, Aberdeen or the Old Firm then there is no way that game on Sunday would have gone ahead.

It’s funny watching Ewan Murray make a tit of himself on Twitter over it though.

The selling season tickets patter is rubbish. We sold 14k despite the 8 Cathro months. The fans are still aware that continued support is critical to rebuilding after so many years of bad stewardship.

Not sure what you mean about a set number of games being played at Murreyfield? I havent seen anywhere that Hearts would have had to have played there all season if they couldn't be in time for Aberdeen at the beginning of September.

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don’t think folk are disputing that 6 months to get it open is not a decent effort but the bit about office space etc is a red herring as it’s nowhere near finished.

Hearts haven’t been honest about this from the word go and as a consequence they now have a run of home games (8 out of 9 I believe) that makes a bit of mockery of the league.

The original date was never in a million years achievable and to say all building work runs late is just daft, that should have been factored into the opening date.

IMO that’s two reasons why Hearts have been dishonest about the opening date

• To sell season tickets (they’d have sold nowhere near the number had Murrayfield been the home ground for numerous games)
  • To avoid a scenario when they HAD to use Murrayfield for a set number of games and instead just switched fixtures/postponed games where/when possible to save on cash.

The bit about seats was a blatant lie. The stadium was nowhere near finished. The seats might have been late arriving but they had nothing to do with any delays.

Like Thsitle said, had it been an Edinburgh Derby, Aberdeen or the Old Firm then there is no way that game on Sunday would have gone ahead.

It’s funny watching Ewan Murray make a tit of himself on Twitter over it though.

Imagine how much of an arse this one would be making of himself about this if Kilmarnock had actually been beaten at Murrayfield.

Must admit I'm a bit baffled as to what's so difficult about basically properly lining up and adding a fourth rectangle to the existing three rectangles neatly positioned around a rectangular piece of ground. 

Must admit I'm a bit baffled as to what's so difficult about basically properly lining up and adding a fourth rectangle to the existing three rectangles neatly positioned around a rectangular piece of ground. 

You make it all sound so easy. Should’ve had you running the job.

1 hour ago, Neiljb said:

Not sure what you mean about a set number of games being played at Murreyfield? I havent seen anywhere that Hearts would have had to have played there all season if they couldn't be in time for Aberdeen at the beginning of September.

At least playing everyone at the same stadium would have been a start for the first round of fixtures.

But that would have meant hiring out Murrayfield/additional cost and I can see why Hearts wanted to avoid it, so they just played dumb until they had to make a decision and it was too late for the league to say otherwise.

There's no way the SPFL would have let Hearts play their fixtures with a run of home games like they are about to have had Hearts been honest back in May when the building work started.

I'm quite happy with how it transpired as you were sh1te at Murrayfield and it worded in our favour (although we've a decent record at Tynecastle too) but can see why others, particularly Thistle might be annoyed with the lack of honest from Budge and Co.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Fair enough.  So not really the club's fault (other than appointing a shite contractor of course!)

One those contractors was Ann Budge's brother-in-law's firm.

Judging by their limited website and descriptions of being a carpenters and/or joinery business, the £1.5m they have raked in must be quite the deal for JB Contracts of Davidsons Mains.

Would Murrayfield have even been required?

Hearts could have easily played in front of three stands for as long as was necessary, only selling season tickets (pro-rata) for the new stand once it was complete. 

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

At least playing everyone at the same stadium would have been a start for the first round of fixtures.

But that would have meant hiring out Murrayfield/additional cost and I can see why Hearts wanted to avoid it, so they just played dumb until they had to make a decision and it was too late for the league to say otherwise.

There's no way the SPFL would have let Hearts play their fixtures with a run of home games like they are about to have had Hearts been honest back in May when the building work started.

I'm quite happy with how it transpired as you were sh1te at Murrayfield and it worded in our favour (although we've a decent record at Tynecastle too) but can see why others, particularly Thistle might be annoyed with the lack of honest from Budge and Co.

But that is, largely, what the SPFL agreed to, is it not? Thistle were due to play at Tynecastle on 26 September and agreed to swap the tie to Firhill to help Hearts out*. Other than that I think the fixture list is as agreed.

The SPFL are to blame for the shambles. They had no sanctions in place to prevent/deal with the situation that developed.

*and by way of thanks were subjected to the farce that ensued last week.

17 minutes ago, Darren said:

One those contractors was Ann Budge's brother-in-law's firm.

Judging by their limited website and descriptions of being a carpenters and/or joinery business, the £4.5m they have raked in must be quite the deal for JB Contracts of Davidsons Mains.

Do you have any actual source on this?

Archived