Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Darren said:

Nice to see the restricted views aren't limited to the Gorgie end. 

IMG_1691.thumb.jpg.aca826a45e2ffffc9bbfc

The whole thing has been a shambles, including yesterday. Not selling tickets after 1pm (unless you could print them out) then announcing a cash gate at the Gorgie end about half an hour before kick-off. 

You've then got Budge striding on to the field like she's some sort of deity. As for that personalised high-vis jacket, what an arsehole.

At least if there had been a fire you could have just jumped through the hole in the wall near your seat.

2017-11-19 14.34.20.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the next stadium redevelopment thread. This one has been excellent.

Is it true that Ibrox and various other ancient grounds are falling to pieces like the old Hearts main stand? Hopefully they will secure the cash for the rebuild and more chat forum drama.

1 hour ago, Neiljb said:

I'm really looking forward to the next stadium redevelopment thread. This one has been excellent.

Is it true that Ibrox and various other ancient grounds are falling to pieces like the new Hearts main stand? Hopefully they will secure the cash for the rebuild and more chat forum drama.

FTFY

Is it true that Ibrox and various other ancient grounds are falling to pieces like the old Hearts main stand? Hopefully they will secure the cash for the rebuild and more chat forum drama.

Steady on old chap! We’ve not got this one fully operational yet we’ve still go to have the “Will corporate hospitality be ready for the derby?” And “have you seen what embarrassing colour they’ve painted the toilet doors on the 2nd floor LOL” patter to get through

I think the oldest Stand in the top flight is now the 1927 main Stand at Firhill . I don’t know what state that’s in

6 hours ago, Darren said:

Nice to see the restricted views aren't limited to the Gorgie end. 

IMG_1691.thumb.jpg.aca826a45e2ffffc9bbfc

The whole thing has been a shambles, including yesterday. Not selling tickets after 1pm (unless you could print them out) then announcing a cash gate at the Gorgie end about half an hour before kick-off. 

You've then got Budge striding on to the field like she's some sort of deity. As for that personalised high-vis jacket, what an arsehole.

That's not great. Difference with the stairwell restricted view is that that can be changed - this here cannot. TV's will need to be installed to show the action at that goalmouth.

People need to get some perspective here. A 25 point deduction and a £10m fine by the SPFL for Hearts would suffice.....

I would settle for the Hearts board being publically flogged through Leith. They would learn their lesson then.

19 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

I would settle for the Hearts board being publically flogged through Leith. They would learn their lesson then.

I would be more than happy to throw some rotten tomatoes* at Levein

*located inside a microwave.

I would be more than happy to throw some rotten tomatoes* at Levein

*located inside a microwave.

Yes. That would teach him for playing 10-0-0 that time.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For taking so long, and costing so much, there seems like there's hundreds of utterly amateur mistakes been made in the design of the stand

This is a weird statement, and you're not the only one to allude to it.  There have clearly been issues with the stand, but from starting demolition of the old main stand to opening the new one has only taken just over 6 months.  It's actually a relatively impressive timescale for a construction that size .

This is a weird statement, and you're not the only one to allude to it.  There have clearly been issues with the stand, but from starting demolition of the old main stand to opening the new one has only taken just over 6 months.  It's actually a relatively impressive timescale for a construction that size .

The whole process started well over a year ago, and still there's major mistakes in design and construction. It's staggering you can have about six months of just pure planning and putting things in place, and end with no seats and heavily restricted views throughout the stand.

What was the original estimate though? It’s not a complex build plus some c**t forgot to order seats.

If a builder estimates it will take one week to put your new bathroom it will take two.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Not on a £14m it won’t/shouldn’t.

Have you ever paid attention to a construction project in Edinburgh?  If a builder estimates one week for your bathroom it'll take 28 months and go multiple times over budget.

Is Budge run by the Cooncil?! 

Genuinly interested to see what caused the delays (not just the seats stuff). Was it all the contractors fault or did the “architect” or whatever they called themselves f**k up?

Not many people care that it took 6 months. It could have been a lot worse.

But as you have a genuine interest l believe the contractors mentioned unseasonably windy weather being problem a few of months back. They also had to do more than expected for the foundations.

Archived