Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Their bitterness has no bounds.

hibsclass.jpg

I'm not sure what's worse. The intellectually-challenged fellow who associates the Proclaimers with Hearts and uses Hillsbourough as a verb. Or the sensitive Jambo fellow who pretends he had a friend at Hillsborough. 

It's down at Tynecastle they bide*

*subject to a safety certificate obvs

The talk of the toon is the state of their groon

And the cooncil are making Hibs cry

THIS IS MY SCOTMID THIS IS MY SONG

Steely toed Ugg boots, you can’t go wrong.

Though some say the Celtic and Rangers are tramps

But the boys in maroon have worked tirelessly throughout the night and today to make sure the council approves the safety of their disabled ramps

I fucking love P&B sometimes

13 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

The Main Stand

I’ll give you that.

But the pitch was the big issue in 2003. They’ve made changes to it, but there’s still suggestions it can host qualifiers but not group games - is that right?

3 minutes ago, Dunty said:

I’ll give you that.

But the pitch was the big issue in 2003. They’ve made changes to it, but there’s still suggestions it can host qualifiers but not group games - is that right?

The rules changed I think  so we'd get dispensation due to it being on a historical footprint.

The real reason we can't host Europa group games is we've no danger of making it that far.

There's an Italian team in the Europa League this season (Atalanta?) who aren't allowed to play their group games at home because a section of their stadium doesn't have numbered seats.

UEFA should never be expected to make obvious overlooks.

Will the stadium be Uefa compliant for group matches? If so what’s changed since 2003?

We moved European games back to Tynecastle in 2009 starting with the visit of Dynamo Zagreb. We’d lost 4-0 in the first leg so less than 12,000 people bothered attending. Goals from Michael Stewart and Zaliukas injected some uncertainty into proceedings for the last half hour but weren’t enough.

Archived