Hearts Stadium Development

45 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that we'll now have a large plaza in front of the main stand, there could be a "Fan Zone" there

I fucking hope not though.

I can't imagine anything more wretched than two hours of organised jollity ahead of Hearts vs Hamilton in February (except possibly organised jollity before Aberdeen vs Falkirk in the middle of nowhere).

The whole "Fan zone" thing is overdone. Generally only arranged by clubs who have a ground in the arse end of nowhere and f**k all nearby worth turning up there early for. Give me a ground within a 5/10 minute walk of a couple of shite boozers any day of the week over the contrived pish you see in other places.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The whole "Fan zone" thing is overdone. Generally only arranged by clubs who have a ground in the arse end of nowhere and f**k all nearby worth turning up there early for. Give me a ground within a 5/10 minute walk of a couple of shite boozers any day of the week over the contrived pish you see in other places.

I tend to agree but having been to Murrayfield for the 6 Nations rugby I'd argue to the contrary. 

8 hours ago, Dunty said:

A modern clean stadium as opposed to Tynecastle which has been in serious need of a spring clean for about 10 years.

Better facilities for fans.

Better corporate facilities. In fact, corporate facilities full stop, since Ann Budge seems to have forgotten about that.

One that actually looks pleasing on the eye rather than like a bus shelter.

A proper museum rather than a small room you lot are presenting.

Pre and post match fan zones.

Supporters bar.

A cafe that fans can come to seven days a week and watch the team train.

And with the corners enclosed (something you can only dream of at both Edinburgh stadiums) when full the atmosphere will trump anything mustered up in Gorgie.

Also, UEFA compliant, so able to actually host internationals and group games as opposed to Hearts needing Murrayfield.

I sometimes wonder what people want from a football stadium. What constitutes better facilities for your typical fan than what is on offer at Tynecastle? You get a good view, there's a decent amount of leg room, there's a pie stand, somewhere to place a bet and the toilets are half-decent. It looks like a proper football stadium, it could barely be more enclosed and was renowned for generating a great atmosphere even before the new stand project. It will also be fully UEFA compliant.

The corporate facilities, when finished, will be excellent. I'd certainly rather be enjoying my three-course meal while overlooking Edinburgh Castle than the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.

Tynecastle has great pre and post-match fan zones and supporters' bars. They are called pubs. One of the bonuses of having a stadium within a community near the centre of a city and not outside a dormitory town in the arse end of nowhere.

18 minutes ago, sjc said:

I tend to agree but having been to Murrayfield for the 6 Nations rugby I'd argue to the contrary. 

Big difference between 40k+ folk traveling from all over the country to somewhere relatively central for their annual piss up, as opposed to a couple of thousand Aberdeen fans and maybe a few supporters buses from the away team who decide to leave home an hour earlier and go home an hour later. The scale of it isn't right for me. That being said, I would more than likely go for a bevvy there if the option was available before a match.

41 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Big difference between 40k+ folk traveling from all over the country to somewhere relatively central for their annual piss up, as opposed to a couple of thousand Aberdeen fans and maybe a few supporters buses from the away team who decide to leave home an hour earlier and go home an hour later. The scale of it isn't right for me. That being said, I would more than likely go for a bevvy there if the option was available before a match.

True. Demographics and all that.

See trying to get into Easter Road with they automated turnstyles [emoji33] Absolute joke. Very nearly a crush last night because of it. Hopefully ours are better run than that shite.

I think it’s not so much the automated turnstiles as the fact that there’s not enough of them

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I’m sure there were two manual ones in the Space that each automatic one takes up now

1 hour ago, Darren said:

I sometimes wonder what people want from a football stadium. What constitutes better facilities for your typical fan than what is on offer at Tynecastle? You get a good view, there's a decent amount of leg room, there's a pie stand, somewhere to place a bet and the toilets are half-decent. It looks like a proper football stadium, it could barely be more enclosed and was renowned for generating a great atmosphere even before the new stand project. It will also be fully UEFA compliant.

The corporate facilities, when finished, will be excellent. I'd certainly rather be enjoying my three-course meal while overlooking Edinburgh Castle than the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.

Tynecastle has great pre and post-match fan zones and supporters' bars. They are called pubs. One of the bonuses of having a stadium within a community near the centre of a city and not outside a dormitory town in the arse end of nowhere.

The toilets are tiny at Tynecastle, certainly in the away end. 

The corporate facilities at Tynecastle - if I'm paying top dollar then I expect an executive box, not sat in the freezing cold. Hearts couldn't afford to build boxes and Budge's excuse that she thought about it but wants them to be in amongst the fans to get the Tynecastle experience is elixir levels of delusion.

Kingsford is near a number of pubs. The supporters bar and fan zone is in addition to them.

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

The toilets are tiny at Tynecastle, certainly in the away end. 

The corporate facilities at Tynecastle - if I'm paying top dollar then I expect an executive box, not sat in the freezing cold. Hearts couldn't afford to build boxes and Budge's excuse that she thought about it but wants them to be in amongst the fans to get the Tynecastle experience is elixir levels of delusion.

Kingsford is near a number of pubs. The supporters bar and fan zone is in addition to them.

I've been in the Roseburn Stand many times and can't say I've noticed the toilets being remarkably small.

Not really sure what the fascination is with sitting behind perspex. You'd be as well watching the game in a pub.

There is absolutely f**k all in Kingsford. Westhill is a 30-minute walk away. That isn't "near". It's a shite location.

5 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

We're changing it's name to Camelopardalis and running a shuttle bus to it.

Don't tell @Dunty! Aurora would seem quite so superior to Tynecastle if he finds out.

I've been in the Roseburn Stand many times and can't say I've noticed the toilets being remarkably small.
Not really sure what the fascination is with sitting behind perspex. You'd be as well watching the game in a pub.
There is absolutely f**k all in Kingsford. Westhill is a 30-minute walk away. That isn't "near". It's a shite location.

Disagree. The toilets in the roseburn are tiny.

19 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

Disagree. The toilets in the roseburn are tiny.

I would guess that they meet the standard stadium regulation ratio for toilets to capacity.

Hardly Hearts fault the every so often they are swamped by a surge of pissed up weak or micro-bladder Sheep and Hibs fans.

Archived