Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think it will be a delay until January as well. The only big downside I can see for the club (apart from the obvious costs for Murrayfield etc), if that is the case, is the amount of hospitality and Christmas packages they might not be able to fufill. Like I say though, I don't really know and only going from a couple of conversations I have overheard.

Who fucking cares anyway? It's getting finished at some point, and then c***s can pretend to be bothered about something else that doesn't really matter. It's a whimsical merry go round, boys. 8)

It's an annoyance in the moment but someday we'll look back and laugh.

A bit like having John Sutton turning out for us

I've not really paid too much attention to this, but why aren't the seats coming right down to the ground?  What is going to be along that bit that drops off at the foot of the slope of the stand?

One of the things that made Tynecastle such a fantastic place to go was the fact that you were right on top of the pitch.

edit: And the staunchness, obvs.

29 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've not really paid too much attention to this, but why aren't the seats coming right down to the ground?  What is going to be along that bit that drops off at the foot of the slope of the stand?

One of the things that made Tynecastle such a fantastic place to go was the fact that you were right on top of the pitch.

Im guessing here but it could be to do with the minimum required distance between the fans and the pitch?  

Edit-for Europe.

Im guessing here but it could be to do with the minimum required distance between the fans and the pitch?  

Edit-for Europe.

I think anyone who has ever had the misfortune of sitting in the front row of any ground would say that it's not the best view. This setup looks similar to Hamilton who have, in my opinion, the best first-row view in the Prem.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Edit-for Europe.

22 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I think anyone who has ever had the misfortune of sitting in the front row of any ground would say that it's not the best view. This setup looks similar to Hamilton who have, in my opinion, the best first-row view in the Prem.

I was literally about to ask this very question, but the above Europe theory may very well be the answer. 

That, and it'll prevent absolute rockets from hopping over and swinging at Neil Lennon when he's up Gorgie way 

4 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Work will commence on the lower 10 rows of the stand from Monday.

Work has been carried out from the Gorgie Rd end working backwards so no heavy plant/machinery has had to be on the pitch.

Cheers, it will look better right down to pitch side of course.  Lennon will have to continue to be very wary then.

re the European guidelines, I thought that had been changed?  Did Hearts not play games in Europe at Tynecastle after they were made to play at Murrayfield?  

We've played a few European games at Tynecastle since the Murrayfield games. Notably an utter gubbing by Gareth Bale's Spurs and a spirited, but ultimately unsuccessful, effort against Liverpool

There's a certain amount of doubt as to whether we were "made to play at Murrayfield"

Given that the move to Murrayfield for European games was driven by a chairman who wanted to flog off Tynecastle and move all games to Murrayfield a certain scepticism pervaded even at the time

4 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Work will commence on the lower 10 rows of the stand from Monday.

Work has been carried out from the Gorgie Rd end working backwards so no heavy plant/machinery has had to be on the pitch.

Some of the theories before you posted this :lol:

20 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

As someone involved in this project, albeit in a very small way, I have heard that there will be another announcement soon.

Please tell.  They cant play with 3 stands, and they have more season tickets than seats for 3 stands.

I'm pretty fuckin' ITK, and I heard we're going to have to play at Easter Road for 7 years, change the official kit to sackcloth and ashes, and amend the club's name to "Can't Finish a Stand on Time of Midlothian FC".

It's unwieldy, but I feel we'll get used to it.

35 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Uncanny on the BBC :lol:

Caption underneath - "Slough was the setting for Ricky Gervais's mockumentary about life in a fictional paper company on a drab industrial estate."

image.thumb.png.6331fb0330be350f024e68f788a57bfa.png  

Spoiler

Use links below to save image.

Archived