Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OFFICIAL SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP FANBASE POWER RANKINGS

1. Celtic

2. Rangers.

POWER GAP

3. Heart of Midlothian (Edinburgh's establishment team)

4. Hibernian

POWER GAP

101. Dalkeith Thistle

102. Aberdeen

103. My school team in 1994

POWER GAP

100000001. St Mirren

Partick Thistle would score higher in the crowdwanking stakes but for the fact a large core of their support dissapear at crucial points in the season to attend various events such as Orkney Folk music festival, Edinburgh fringe, Notting Hill carnival and New Orleans jazzfest.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Partick Thistle would score higher in the crowdwanking stakes but for the fact a large core of their support dissapear at crucial points in the season to attend various events such as Orkney Folk music festival, Edinburgh fringe, Notting Hill carnival and New Orleans jazzfest.

I too follow OldFirmFacts, m8

Thistle's home support is pretty shite. Somewhere between 2,500 and 2,750 on average. Moved up a little at points last season to just under 2,900. The number of home fans actually goes down in games versus Celtic or Rangers.
On the other hand our away support is pretty good and is a sizeable proportion of our home support.
Hoping for a wee boost this season with around 1,800 season tickets gone to date but I'll not hold my breath.

Thistle's home support is pretty shite. Somewhere between 2,500 and 2,750 on average. Moved up a little at points last season to just under 2,900. The number of home fans actually goes down in games versus Celtic or Rangers.
On the other hand our away support is pretty good and is a sizeable proportion of our home support.
Hoping for a wee boost this season with around 1,800 season tickets gone to date but I'll not hold my breath.

Of course being part of a relatively small elite of Glaswegian football fans is part of the appeal of watching Partick Thistle. So in that sense shite attendances are a good thing

19 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

That was tickets sold not attendance.

Irrelevant - even if true - and still considerably more than Aberdeen in any case.

And Aberdeen get the money for the tickets we sell but don't include in the attendance.

Absolute slaver. warnock.png

We definitely don't count non attending season ticket holders. The club put out a statement saying so after crowds were down on ticket sales.

warnock.png

15 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Aberdeen rarely if at all filled Pittodrie last season but no doubting that Hertz and Ehburdeen can fill their stadiums regularly if they are doing the business on the pitch, whether that constitutes challenging us for the title or just playing good football and being a comfortable second like the Dons last season is another debate mind you but, in my opinion the level of support after us and Lance Armstrong FC both in average and potential is

1. Aberdeen

2. Hertz by a bawhair over Hibs

3. Dundee Utd

4. Dundee

Erm, relatively speaking, Aberdeen have been 'doing the business' on the pitch for the last four seasons now. Their attendances have been pathetic in all of them and substantially less than Hearts - as has always been the case throughout history. There is absolutely no convincing case that can be put forward for suggesting Aberdeen have a bigger fan base than Hearts when faced with the facts and figures.

Still, it's unsurprising someone thick as pig shit like you failed to notice such a glaring contradiction in your post.

15 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I'd go

1. Celtic/ Rangers
2. Aberdeen
3. Hearts/ Hibs
4. Dundee Utd
5. Killie/ Dundee

Like the clown shoe above, you won't be able to put together a credible case for this. The fact you consider Kilmarnock on the same level or even above Dundee is equally laughable.

42 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Irrelevant - even if true - and still considerably more than Aberdeen in any case.

warnock.png

Erm, relatively speaking, Aberdeen have been 'doing the business' on the pitch for the last four seasons now. Their attendances have been pathetic in all of them and substantially less than Hearts - as has always been the case throughout history. There is absolutely no convincing case that can be put forward for suggesting Aberdeen have a bigger fan base than Hearts when faced with the facts and figures.

Still, it's unsurprising someone thick as pig shit like you failed to notice such a glaring contradiction in your post.

Like the clown shoe above, you won't be able to put together a credible case for this. The fact you consider Kilmarnock on the same level or even above Dundee is equally laughable.

What a state to get yourself into over a debate on fan bases. Deary me. If that's what turns you on, fair play. I'll stick to enjoying finishing above Hearts and Hibs on the park for the foreseeable future.

Cue predictable rant about how since 1997 (football only started at Tynecastle in 1997-98 in Elixir's eyes), they've finished above us more, ignoring the numerous years of overspending that led to administration.

Really would be suited better on Kickback, Elixir.

For what's it's worth, with relation to the actual topic and the decent Hearts fans here, having Tynecastle fully redeveloped, like the redeveloped Easter Road will be very impressive, and I'd far rather we built a new ground near Pittodrie than a soulless lego bowl on the edge of nowhere. Taking bits of both the new Tynecastle and the new Easter Road would be more than welcomed as both are going to be cracking grounds.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

What a state to get yourself into over a debate on fan bases. Deary me. If that's what turns you on, fair play. I'll stick to enjoying finishing above Hearts and Hibs on the park for the foreseeable future.

Cue predictable rant about how since 1997 (football only started at Tynecastle in 1997-98 in Elixir's eyes), they've finished above us more, ignoring the numerous years of overspending that led to administration.

For what's it's worth, with relation to the actual topic and the decent Hearts fans here, having Tynecastle fully redeveloped, like the redeveloped Easter Road will be very impressive, and I'd far rather we built a new ground near Pittodrie than a soulless lego bowl on the edge of nowhere. Taking bits of both the new Tynecastle and the new Easter Road would be more than welcomed as both are going to be cracking grounds.

Slavering nonsense and expecting to not be picked up on it isn't how things work, m8.

I only actually care about football I've experienced and lived through. We're going to be in a better financial state than we've ever been in over the coming years. Indeed, better than Aberdeen's. Especially when you'll soon have to start scrambling to fund your new soulless ground and training pitches.

Big clubs in the capital get good stadia - wee provincial diddy outfits don't. greggy.png

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

warnock.png

Shut up you saddle sniffing wee fanny.

Slavering nonsense and expecting to not be picked up on it isn't how things work, m8.
I only actually care about football I've experienced and lived through. We're going to be in a better financial state than we've ever been in over the coming years. Indeed, better than Aberdeen's. Especially when you'll soon have to start scrambling to fund your new soulless ground and training pitches.
Big clubs in the capital get good stadia - wee provincial diddy outfits don't. greggy.png

So no actual hard facts there then? Just a few assertions. Good stuff. Enjoy finishing below us again

1db0551ff326c32909e38c175b019a3b.jpg

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Really would be suited better on Kickback, Elixir.

22 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Shut up you saddle sniffing wee fanny.

8 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

So no actual hard facts there then? Just a few assertions. Good stuff. Enjoy finishing below us again

1db0551ff326c32909e38c175b019a3b.jpg

I like you guys. Just saying.

44 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Does that mean you won't be slavering on about winning the Tennents Sixes?

I'll maybe adopt that stance about only caring about football I've experienced/lived through - 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup, 3 League titles, 6 Scottish Cups and 5 Scottish League Cups. (And 2 Tennents Sixes.)

What are you greeting about now?

In the past 18 seasons Killie have out averaged Dundee 9 times and thats even with them having to put up with a lot of shite from their chairman which has damaged their attendances over the past few years.

Even last season Dundee and Killie had the 7th and 8th highest attendances in the SPFL. Exactly were I placed them in my post.

As for proving Aberdeen have a bigger fanbase

1f94ffcf9c9b83c56b3a23507bce586d.jpg

fee92d3b06e2362357ac602186cfb67a.jpg

I await your apology

What are you greeting about now?

In the past 18 seasons Killie have out averaged Dundee 9 times and thats even with them having to put up with a lot of shite from their chairman which has damaged their attendances over the past few years.

Even last season Dundee and Killie had the 7th and 8th highest attendances in the SPFL. Exactly were I placed them in my post.

As for proving Aberdeen have a bigger fanbase

1f94ffcf9c9b83c56b3a23507bce586d.jpg

fee92d3b06e2362357ac602186cfb67a.jpg

I await your apology

What does that photo actually prove. Surely it should be done on the basis of average attendances over the season not massive one off cup finals. United done exactly the same as Aberdeen in that photo in the SC final v Saints.

Also the Dundee/Killie thing is skewed as Dundee can't hand over 8000 away tickets when the OF visit. Killie had an attendance for a game on the TV last year of 9.5k with only 1.5k Killie fans.

Archived