Hearts Stadium Development

1 hour ago, O-Bizzle said:

What "special features" are you looking for?

I think he was looking for those enclosed glass fronted spectator boxes.

They were popular back in the 1990's, before people realised that the spectator experience was far superior when you were outside among the fans absorbing the atmosphere.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

For better or worse, Gentrification has been creeping down Dalry road for decades.

It's going to hit "North Polwarth" or "South Roseburn" sometime.

The people who tried to turn Robbo's into a restaurant were getting ahead of the game though

I'm never in that part of town now tbh.  Always been surprised that more hasn't been done in Dalry given it's location.  I know there's always been a couple of decent restaurants, is there much else?  It's rampant where I am just now, never though the bottom of Leith Walk/Duke Street would see some of the new shopfronts that are there although Linksview House and Banana Flats should stop the area from seeing complete regeneration anytime soon.  The middle classes are never going to move in there.

10 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I'm never in that part of town now tbh.  Always been surprised that more hasn't been done in Dalry given it's location.  I know there's always been a couple of decent restaurants, is there much else?  It's rampant where I am just now, never though the bottom of Leith Walk/Duke Street would see some of the new shopfronts that are there although Linksview House and Banana Flats should stop the area from seeing complete regeneration anytime soon.  The middle classes are never going to move in there.

Depends if the tram ever gets built to the foot of the walk. Banana flats could be renovated and sold off to young twats with money. A mixture of the old and new Leith is fine but it'll be shite if it goes too far. It was a sad day when Starbucks opened further up the walk for example. 

There's a Costa opening up close to the Starbucks/Sainsburys now as well.  That big red building between Steads Place and Jane St is apparently getting knocked down affecting about 7 or 8 businesses including Leith Depot who are leading the campaign against it happening. Probably a bit too optimistic hoping that something decent will take their places, hasn't been confirmed yet though.

Bananas are category A listed building now so that will hopefully prevent too much work being done to them. The area doesn't need to change it's demograph anymore than it already has and I'm a big fan of having as big a mixture of people as possible.

It's not quite so suddenly and dramatically hipster as upper Leith Walk but it had to work it's way down Morrison Street first

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's not quite so suddenly and dramatically hipster as upper Leith Walk but it had to work it's way down Morrison Street first

What about Dalry Road itself?  First Coast and that Italian close by (if it's still there) were quite highly regarded probably as long as around 15 years ago.  Thought that area would be prime for gentrification but there never seemed to be much done to it.  Used to live fairly close by for a while and it would never have occurred to me to spend a evening in that area, is there more to do now?

7 hours ago, O-Bizzle said:

What "special features" are you looking for?

I was meaning is it going to have a scoreboard, video screen, commentary gantry, that sort of thing.

I appreciate that it's single tier and apparently there won't be boxes of any kind.

Tbf there's probably an obscure rule about not being able to hold international games if you've not got a scoreboard

36 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I hope there's a scoreboard, tbf. I often find my meagre mental capabilities struggling to keep up with all they 14-12 scorelines we seem to have.

Very good. You may be unaware scoreboards display more than only scores. They display other useful information such as how many minutes have elapsed, lineups & substitutions, HT & FT scores, advertising, etc.

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Very good. You may be unaware scoreboards display more than only scores. They display other useful information such as how many minutes have elapsed, lineups & substitutions, HT & FT scores, advertising, etc.

Yes, you're correct, this one seems to show the minutes elapsed too.

Related image

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was meaning is it going to have a scoreboard, video screen, commentary gantry, that sort of thing.

I appreciate that it's single tier and apparently there won't be boxes of any kind.

It's going to have private boxes, four hospitality suites and a sky lounge.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

*AlanPartridgeShrug.gif*

At Tynecastle they put the time elapsed at the ends of the digital advertising hoardings. It's a fairly new development

It stops at 90 though so I still run my stopwatch for the second half

This technology will probably get to Easter Road next season

Presumably they could also put up goal alerts and the likes for those of you who care about the Celtic score

But really it's a transitional technology now that people have goal alerts beeping in their pockets

Archived