Hearts Stadium Development

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm right the stand is just another Wheatfield, but with a block built out the back for club offices, hospitality, etc. - it isn't any bigger, doesn't have any boxes or for want of a better word "special features", etc.?

Nah you're completely wrong. Standard hibs fan to be fair.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm, single-tier stands are far superior and double-tier stands are completely unnecessary for a stadium like Tynecastle.

If you're building a genuinely big stadium like Ibrox or the Emirates then double or even triple tiers are definitely the way to go

If it's relatively small stadium then multiple tiers would be a really stupid idea

Hearts, Hibs and presumably the new Aberdeen stadium are awkwardly somewhere in between.

Easter Road ends up looking like a really small version of a big ground while Tynecastle looks like a ginormous version of a small ground

Quite what happens in Aberdeen remains to be seen

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

It holds 1,500 more than the Wheatfield and has everything a main stand needs. The outside facade will completely rejuvenate the area along with the school and new flats further down the street.

It'll need a lot more than that to rejuvenate Gorgie. Hopefully there are plans for even more new flats to help out.

It'll need a lot more than that to rejuvenate Gorgie. Hopefully there are plans for even more new flats to help out.

For better or worse, Gentrification has been creeping down Dalry road for decades.

It's going to hit "North Polwarth" or "South Roseburn" sometime.

The people who tried to turn Robbo's into a restaurant were getting ahead of the game though

Kingsford, Easter Road or Tynie could be possible future venues for the UEFA Super Cup which is usually held in stadiums with a capacity of around 20000-25000. I remember it was held in Trondheim last year (home of Rosenborg) which holds around 21,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lerkendal_Stadion

1 minute ago, Marr1 said:

Kingsford, Easter Road or Tynie could be possible future venues for the UEFA Super Cup which is usually held in stadiums with a capacity of around 20000-25000. I remember it was held in Trondheim last year (home of Rosenborg) which holds around 21,000.

Obviously not the most famous fixture to take place at that stadium in recent years though... :whistle

The new Aberdeen stadium would be the obvious choice (if its ever built). Has the history of the trophy being won by Aberdeen in the city before, 5 mins from an international airport, plenty of hotels, could get Fergie etc involved.

15 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The new Aberdeen stadium would be the obvious choice (if its ever built). Has the history of the trophy being won by Aberdeen in the city before, 5 mins from an international airport, plenty of hotels, could get Fergie etc involved.

There would need to be a massive advancement in cryonics resuscitation for getting Sir Alex Ferguson involved I suspect....

19 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Just a shame - if it ever gets built - that it will be a soulless hell in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no history.

No, the capital would be the natural choice.

41 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It will have bars on site for you not to have a pint in.

I'd rather have a drink in a real town pub than some shitey fake plastic bar on the outskirts of an industrial estate. 

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm right the stand is just another Wheatfield, but with a block built out the back for club offices, hospitality, etc. - it isn't any bigger, doesn't have any boxes or for want of a better word "special features", etc.?

What "special features" are you looking for?

Archived