Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The East stand will look very different with a huge hotel bolted onto the back of it.
ETA the 4 corners filled in is still the long term plan but it's took us 8 years to add a needed 4th stand and not 1 pod built in 13 years so seems ambitious the now

I think the Falkirk Stadium is one of the coolest - obviously needing the 4th stand. It has a quality about the build that is not found at a lot of the other 'new' grounds.

Love watching the progress on what will be a magnificent stand.

Also interested in what Gav has revealed about TFS. Really looking forward to that happening - Falkirk are doing well crowd wise and could have sold thousands more seats for many games in recent seasons.

Just now, Booker-T said:

at 21,000 - is that Tynecastle at max expansion, or is there room for further building?

You'd expect so. I would guess the next option would be to add a tier to the Wheatfield stand opposite the new main stand but the cost involved vs the likelihood of selling the seats regularly wouldn't stack up.

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

You'd expect so. I would guess the next option would be to add a tier to the Wheatfield stand opposite the new main stand but the cost involved vs the likelihood of selling the seats regularly wouldn't stack up.

is a tricky one, i know a few Jambos in Glasgow (including an uncle & cousin) who go to 2 or 3 games a season, but don't feel suitably encouraged to go more than that (apart from the promo season and 2005 to 2007). I'd imagine there are Hearts fans like this all over the country

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I think the Falkirk Stadium is one of the coolest - obviously needing the 4th stand. It has a quality about the build that is not found at a lot of the other 'new' grounds.

Thanks for your kind words.

Their was an update today on this. Things seem to be moving forward. Slowly but forward.

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/business/gateway-plan-moves-ahead-1-4480601?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&iid=f3dd2da9e0e94a24b81967cde022336c&uid=27085909&nid=244+276893704

35 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

is a tricky one, i know a few Jambos in Glasgow (including an uncle & cousin) who go to 2 or 3 games a season, but don't feel suitably encouraged to go more than that (apart from the promo season and 2005 to 2007). I'd imagine there are Hearts fans like this all over the country

That's like any support though. I would imagine 75% of fans from any premiership side only go a couple of times a year - if that - while maybe 10% rarely miss a home game. We've  had a decent bump in crowds over the last 4 years or so but we've also been awful on the pitch for the last 18 months at least so if anything right now fans will start leaving. 

I hope someone is taking a picture everyday day from the same spot for a youtube video later once the new stand has been completed. This stadium is going to be the finest in Scotland.

Steady on.

EDIT: Also these calls to fill in the corners. How will that work with the roofs? Tynecastle doesn't have cantilever roofs... they're suspended and propped-up by the big frames running along the fronts, which are themselves supported by the big towers in each corner. If you fill the corners in, will the views of those seats not be hugely obscured by the towers? If you get rid of the towers, what holds up the roofs? Even when Mad Vlad wanted 25k, they proposed doing it by constructing a massive Main Stand and leaving the rest alone, IIRC. (Of course this replacement Main Stand is structurally just a copy of the others in its size/design, AFAICS).

15 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Can the corners be filled in?

Yes, if Hearts were to change the existing 'goal post' roof supports to cantilever. The cost involved would far outweigh any gain from the small additional capacity. 

Don't hold your breath.

12 hours ago, CityDave said:

I hope someone is taking a picture everyday day from the same spot for a youtube video later once the new stand has been completed. This stadium is going to be the finest in Scotland.

It already is the finest IMO.

Best ground gets even better. Looking forward to going down when it's finished, it'll look spectacular.

As today's folk say, i'm well jel of this.

Archived