Hearts Stadium Development

:wub:
On our way to Tannadice last night the discussion turned to Hampden and how awful it is to watch Scotland there.
I put forward that when we play someone like Lithuania in Midweek we should be filling Tynie instead of trying to make a 1/3rd full Hampden seem electric.
Big games and Saturday games only at Hampden. All others at Tynecastle please.
Oh and seeing as I'm here that is smart as f**k.

Like when Scottish Rugby Internationals against the likes of Tonga get played in Kilmarnock or Aberdeen

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17 May 2017 at 20:31, Gaz FFC said:

:wub:

On our way to Tannadice last night the discussion turned to Hampden and how awful it is to watch Scotland there.

I put forward that when we play someone like Lithuania in Midweek we should be filling Tynie instead of trying to make a 1/3rd full Hampden seem electric.

Big games and Saturday games only at Hampden. All others at Tynecastle please.

Oh and seeing as I'm here that is smart as f**k.

Tynecastle has been devoid of atmosphere for about 10 years :lol: 

34 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Like when Scottish Rugby Internationals against the likes of Tonga get played in Kilmarnock or Aberdeen

I wouldn't know. I like my sport less egg shaped

Might be slightly off topic here but heard a whisper from a mate of mine about Hearts flogging tickets last a week or 2 ago for a chance to meet the manager. £15 a pop and then saw a race night being advertised for the 12th of May to help "raise funds". I'd noticed a small murmuring re: over spending etc and just wondered if there was anything to it?

Would be interesting to see what kind of financial implications this season had had on the budget with new management, players, stadium upgrades and the slide in the league?

Any concerns?

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

This idea of playing competitive qualifiers at places like Pittodrie, Rugby Park, Easter Road or in future Tynecastle is fine until you realise such games usually well attract in excess of 30,000.

Yes I see that but I'd rather turn away a few thousand than play infront of 20K empty seats

ETA there was only 20,400 at the last game and that was a Sunday

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yes I see that but I'd rather turn away a few thousand than play infront of 20K empty seats

ETA there was only 20,400 at the last game and that was a Sunday

That was a low ebb though after months of diminishing performance and frustration at Strachan, and not representative of the broader picture.

Over preceding years the crowds were:

2016 ... Lithuania - 35,966
2015 ... Gibraltar - 34,255
2014 ... Georgia - 34,719
2013 ... Wales - 39,365
2012 ... FYR Macedonia - 32,430
2011 ... Lithuania - 34,071
2010 ... Liechtenstein - 37,050
2009 ... Iceland - 42,259

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

That was a low ebb though after months of diminishing performance and frustration at Strachan, and not representative of the broader picture.

Over preceding years the crowds were:

2016 ... Lithuania - 35,966
2015 ... Gibraltar - 34,255
2014 ... Georgia - 34,719
2013 ... Wales - 39,365
2012 ... FYR Macedonia - 32,430
2011 ... Lithuania - 34,071
2010 ... Liechtenstein - 37,050
2009 ... Iceland - 42,259

I did say smaller midweek games.

Looking at that I certainly wouldn't play Wales at Tynie. From memory a lot of those were Weekend games 

Those were the lowest-attended competitive games of the years in question - you'd have been excluding 12,000 to 22,000 people...

There is only a case for taking friendlies round the country and this already happens - during that period there'd been 3 home friendlies at ER, 2 at Pittodrie, and only 5 at Hampden (3 of which got over 20k) plus England at Parkhead.

On 17/05/2017 at 19:41, Dave1875 said:

It's going to remind me a lot of Deepdale, obviously without the corner spires

Reminds me of the Genoa stadium where 'Costa Rica' happened.

The aerial photo looks excellent, look forward to visiting next season. Seems to be a while since the last time a Scottish club did any significant ground developments, whereas for a while in the 90's/ early 00's, there seemed to be stands and new grounds popping up all over!

Would the last one be Ross County,  or hibs' stand along the side, or Falkirk behind the goals?  I'm completely guessing here..

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

On point how big will Tynie be once finished? 

They were saying just a few over 20,000 from what I read.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 16:28, PauloPerth said:

Reminds me of the Genoa stadium where 'Costa Rica' happened.

The aerial photo looks excellent, look forward to visiting next season. Seems to be a while since the last time a Scottish club did any significant ground developments, whereas for a while in the 90's/ early 00's, there seemed to be stands and new grounds popping up all over!

Would the last one be Ross County,  or hibs' stand along the side, or Falkirk behind the goals?  I'm completely guessing here..

Falkirk last added in 09 Ross C and Hibs East stand has happened since.

We are not far away from adding the 4th with all going well.

Glad to see Tynecastle finished and really looking forward to seeing the results in September. The capital has 3 beautiful stadiums.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Falkirk last added in 09 Ross C and Hibs East stand has happened since.

We are not far away from adding the 4th with all going well.

Glad to see Tynecastle finished and really looking forward to seeing the results in September. The capital has 3 beautiful stadiums.

What now?

This idea of playing competitive qualifiers at places like Pittodrie, Rugby Park, Easter Road or in future Tynecastle is fine until you realise such games usually well attract in excess of 30,000.

Rugby Park has hosted 4 full Scotland internationals and 3 European Club (Glasgow Warriors) Rugby matches.... None of them have attracted more than our 18,000 capacity.

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Is it going to be the same height as the other 3?  What will the final capacity be.. about 12,000 ?

I'd assume it will be the same height as the 2 behind the goals and capacity in the region of 3,000 taking us to 11k.

I understand it will be joined onto a hotel.

30 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'd assume it will be the same height as the 2 behind the goals and capacity in the region of 3,000 taking us to 11k.

I understand it will be joined onto a hotel.

When are the "pods" happening? Would close off the corners nicely as well as (hopefully*) bringing in some comercial income for your Club.

*I say hopefully as I'm not sure whether Falkirk FC or Falkirk Council would receive this income.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

When are the "pods" happening? Would close off the corners nicely as well as (hopefully*) bringing in some comercial income for your Club.

*I say hopefully as I'm not sure whether Falkirk FC or Falkirk Council would receive this income.

Without seeing any drawings for the East stand I'm hopeful the structure will close In the 2 East corners.

The 2 West corners will happen when Falkirk win the Champions league

Archived