Nutmeg: The Scottish Football Periodical

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off the back of this thread I purchased the latest Blizzard.  How did I not know about this before? Superb stuff.  Would be great to have similar publication with a Scottish emphasis.

Good luck guys

Thanks. Even if we've managed to get someone new to subscribe to Blizzard then it's been worthwhile. By the way they will be having an event in Edinburgh in May where a few of their main contributors, including Jonathan Wilson, will be speaking. Please pledge on our Kickstarter page and help us make this happen.

Does anyone remember the publication from the early 90s, the Scottish footballer, that was the last publication we had that offered a in-depth, unbiased view on our game,

I'm a wee bit long in the tooth, I still recall subscribing to Scottish football today magazine the month before it went bust,

Ill subscribe to one issue and take it from there.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks. A quick update... We now have a website!

www.nutmegmagazine.co.uk

You can subscribe for a single issue to try us out, or you can send it as a gift to a friend or family member. You can also read a bit more about what we're trying to do. 

The first issue is out in August. 

• 3 months later...

Got mine through the post today. It looks fantastic. It largely delivers on the pitch of being "a Scottish football version of The Blizzard".

Had a quick read through a couple of articles and there's some really good stuff in there with some great writers as well Jonathan Wilson et al. Look forward to working my way through it over the weekend.

Genuinely couldn't be more timely given the utter state of the sports media this week.

mine arrived today looks excellent some amount of writing in it 190 odd pages and pretty much no ads in the whole thing, will be like getting a book through the post every few months, top work guys as others have said perfect after the weeks 'media' we have had

Really enjoyed reading the article on ICT by bunglebounce. Shame he didn't have the option to go on further and talk about our 4-3-3 setup under Robbo which saw us win the division.

Only gotten through a couple of other articles but very impressed so far.

Archived