Games Off

tell_me_more

Irvine Meadow v Glenafton

Waterlogged pitch.

Absolute joke Meadow park is never waterlogged trying to buy time to get their act together complete shambles of a club.

It is a bit ironic, coming so soon after the NFL team statement about why they chose Meadow

Absolute joke Meadow park is never waterlogged trying to buy time to get their act together complete shambles of a club.

Haven't seen the pitch today but I do know that new drainage works have been carried out recently. Meadow Park has historically always managed to withstand substantial and persistent rainfall, much worse than the drizzle of yesterday. In my opinion, the current problems are of a consequence on playing the Linlithgow game on 30th Jan when the pitch was saturated. Have not played at home since with 3 league games called off.

With the current state of the clubs finances, this postponement is the last thing it needs as it denies the club much needed income.

Haven't seen the pitch today but I do know that new drainage works have been carried out recently. Meadow Park has historically always managed to withstand substantial and persistent rainfall, much worse than the drizzle of yesterday. In my opinion, the current problems are of a consequence on playing the Linlithgow game on 30th Jan when the pitch was saturated. Have not played at home since with 3 league games called off.

With the current state of the clubs finances, this postponement is the last thing it needs as it denies the club much needed income.

Rosebank Park Lugar has had a game played on it nearly every week since New Year .Don't buy the situation of a park not being playable after a game 2 weeks ago

Rosebank Park Lugar has had a game played on it nearly every week since New Year .Don't buy the situation of a park not being playable after a game 2 weeks ago

I find it difficult to understand as well however, not being involved in the management of the club, I can only add my thoughts to the discussion. Meadow Park has not been played on for 6 weeks, I can only assume that the damage caused during the Scottish Cup tie & the recent drainage works have had a substantial detrimental effect on the pitch's ability to drain.

The club is in financial crisis and today's postponement is probably the last thing the club needs at the moment.

Just to be clear pitch is not waterlogged. There is a small area outside 18 yard box that is really soft and after an inspection this morning Ref deemed this area too dangerous to play.

No conspiracy theories. Fact.

You should have got the ref from the Atletico Bilbao - Valencia game on Thursday over to inspect it. Would have been on, no problem!!

Just to be clear pitch is not waterlogged. There is a small area outside 18 yard box that is really soft and after an inspection this morning Ref deemed this area too dangerous to play.

No conspiracy theories. Fact.

Should of got the ref who inspected blair park to do it

Anyone on here that believes that Medda wanted this game off hasnt got a bloody clue. Having watched game at Firhill today the affected area is much smaller than all of the sandy areas at Firhill but is in the middle just outside the penalty box rather than the wing. Ref that carried out the inpection would have put game on if the affected area was on the wing.Totally scunnered all we needed was another blank Saturday.

Just to be clear pitch is not waterlogged. There is a small area outside 18 yard box that is really soft and after an inspection this morning Ref deemed this area too dangerous to play.No conspiracy theories. Fact.
Haven't seen the pitch today but I do know that new drainage works have been carried out recently. Meadow Park has historically always managed to withstand substantial and persistent rainfall, much worse than the drizzle of yesterday. In my opinion, the current problems are of a consequence on playing the Linlithgow game on 30th Jan when the pitch was saturated. Have not played at home since with 3 league games called off.With the current state of the clubs finances, this postponement is the last thing it needs as it denies the club much needed income.
Loch park was 3 foot under water late December...and has had games played since then

Archived