Hitman

The Saintee

• 1 month later...

Bought this today. Played through the 2 prologue missions - and I'm really enjoying it. Some really inventive kills, and I reckon it'll only get even better as I progress. Bigger environments to play in, and loads of new ways to munch people.

• 4 weeks later...

I got this yesterday and am enjoying it. I have been a fan of Hitman since the first game on the PC and enjoyed the series until Absolution (which wasn't a BAD game, but it just wasn't Hitman).

Thankfully this is more like Blood Money than Absolution. Will definitely get the second season when it comes out.

Hate to say it dude but its looking like there won't be a season 2 as the developers have been dropped by the publishers. Allegedly the game sold about a sixth as many copies as Absolution did. I guess people weren't happy with the episodic nature and the always online requirement as well. It's a shame the levels I played of the first season were excellent in both design and choice. First Hitman game I had personally played as well.

2 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

Hate to say it dude but its looking like there won't be a season 2 as the developers have been dropped by the publishers. Allegedly the game sold about a sixth as many copies as Absolution did. I guess people weren't happy with the episodic nature and the always online requirement as well. It's a shame the levels I played of the first season were excellent in both design and choice. First Hitman game I had personally played as well.

I didn't see the point of the episodic nature and held off buying this until all episodes were released on disc. Shame that there probably won't be anymore though.

I've never played a Hitman game but I bought this a couple of months ago and it's installed and just waiting for me to get to it. Once I have time I'm hoping to get a good bash at it.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I've never played a Hitman game but I bought this a couple of months ago and it's installed and just waiting for me to get to it. Once I have time I'm hoping to get a good bash at it.

If you like it you should try Blood Money.

I'd probably rank the older Hitman games as follows:

Blood Money

Codename 47

Contracts

Hitman 2

Absolution

They really fucked up with the episodic nature. I didn't get to play (although might still pick it up) but from watching let's plays and hearing about it, it looks like they made a pretty great hitman game. Then the publishers decided to f**k it up by forcing the episodes on it. Would've sold way better as just a normal game

I think the reasoning behind the episodic structure was to allow more time to design each individual level. I personally don't think its a bad system but I'm also part of the problem because I waited till a sale to buy the whole thing.

• 1 month later...

I just bought this last night. £17.99 on the Playstation store for the entire first season.  I shall give it a bash tonight.  I was put off the series by recent Hitman games, but this could get me back into it.

3 hours ago, Fide said:

I just bought this last night. £17.99 on the Playstation store for the entire first season.  I shall give it a bash tonight.  I was put off the series by recent Hitman games, but this could get me back into it.

f**k...I waited and waited and got it on Amazon for £22 I believe last week.  Should've waited to get the digital version.

Brilliant game though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Played this for an hour today before work and thinking about making it my next game to focus on.  I'm dreadful at it though.  The first few levels I just ended up shooting the targets and running for my life which completely goes against the point of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve finally completed the first two missions. I get all the intel and then can’t find where it is they want me to go so I’ve just killed everyone in both missions. I’m having a bit more fun with it now though which is good. Although I’m against the trend with this thread as absolution is probably my favourite ever game.