Unfunny comedians

That Sarah Millican is on the telly just now and she does my box in

I'll see your Millican and raise you Susan fucking Calman who  has pretty much spoiled Radio 4 for me.

Her patter is: I'm lesbian; I'm fat; I'm Scottish and I've a cat.

Susan, your father was Chief Medical Officer for England and Wales and was a well-respected man.  I always enjoyed his interviews when I was shaving in the morning.  I also loved that I never heard from him after said 'Today' interviews.

In contrast, you're a shrill, inconsequential nomark with a ubiquity far in excess of your talent.  Just f**k off, please.

I tried to watch Stewart Lee but had to stop due to him being shit. He addressed an insular cadre of socially challenged, prematurely middle-aged, pseudo-intellectual men, I thought.

Not narrowly enough, in my opinion. Anyway, the correct answer is Gina Yashere.

What pisses me off is that some of these comedians have the same material for years.

I've gone to a few comedy clubs over the last few years.....no massive stars, but some who are well known on the Scottish comedy circuit.

We saw Keir Mcallister a couple of times, about two years apart, and most of his material the second time was exactly the same as the first time.

Fair enough, it's maybe unreasonable to expect them to change their entire repertoire every six months, but surely, it should be a continual adding in of some new stuff, and ditching the older stuff, so that if you see them once a year, most of their act will be new to you.

Otherwise, why the hell would you pay to see them again?

Also, it often depends on the audience. I saw David Kaye twice..... The first time he had the audience in stitches, dealt with a heckler better than anyone I've ever seen, the second time, he crashed and burned. It was dire. I was willing the audience to laugh, but they were having none of it.

I'm going to see Romesh Ranganathan this year, so I'm hoping he will be good

Singers/ songwriters can dine off one song sometimes - for the rest of their life. Crowds will complain when they try to do new stuff rather than the old classics that people know and love.

Comedians need to produce new material every few weeks? That's incredibly difficult.

Went to see Stu Francis a couple of months ago and was very disappointed; always liked him when I saw him on TV.

He makes the point that he doesn't do repeat material which is a pity because his earlier stuff would be funnier repeated than his new stuff first time around.

Jo Brand, her entire act is - I'm fat, men are hopeless, I like eating or Allan Carr - I wear glasses, I'm gay, I have big teeth, Greg Davis - I am tall

People like John Richardson, Dave Gorman and Danny Wallace who have an entire themed show about a shite idea they had that has obviously taken them months to write to get somewhere almost amusing.

Rhod Gilbert and John Bishop are funny people but are crap stand-ups.

Jimmy Carr has a writing team and basically recites a script every night

Adam Hills is unfunny but annoys me because of his grandstanding rants about lazy subjects with the even unfunnier Josh Widdicom. 

Jason Manford, Russell Kane and the majority of women shoehorned on to the BBC, I urge anyone to watch room 101 last week when Bridget Christie was on it, I think she was going out her way to be unfunny

Went to see Stu Francis a couple of months ago and was very disappointed; always liked him when I saw him on TV.

He makes the point that he doesn't do repeat material which is a pity because his earlier stuff would be funnier repeated than his new stuff first time around.

is he the same c*nt that used to be on Crackerjack?

post-12982-0-94896600-1457566464.jpg

ooh, I could hide from Yewtree etc.