Unfunny comedians

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-43139065

don't know if anyone's seen her but you can imagine the scene in the Court Room:

"Next witnesses for the defendant: a few Pie and Bovril posters who will confirm that she is actually as funny as mince and not actually a comedian...."

Watching an old episode of Live At The Apollo last night, and some Irish burd called Aisling Bea was on. I’m sure I’ve had doses of diarrhoea that were funnier than her.

Yep, seen her put together a much better stint than the repeat they showed last night, Frankie Boyle past his best also and Simon Evans, just poor quality, that you would pay to go see perform surely!?
Just don’t understand how when the camera pans onto the audience they’re all falling about laughing, completely over the top!!? Is it all staged trickery or maybe Im just a curmudgeonly miserable old bast*rd.

38 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Yep, seen her put together a much better stint than the repeat they showed last night, Frankie Boyle past his best also and Simon Evans, just poor quality, that you would pay to go see perform surely!?
Just don’t understand how when the camera pans onto the audience they’re all falling about laughing, completely over the top!!? Is it all staged trickery or maybe Im just a curmudgeonly miserable old bast*rd.

I thought Frankie Boyle was decent although you could tell the audience were waiting for him to “cross the line” with some of his jokes, going by their reaction. Listened to 30 seconds of Simon Evans then gave up.

Saw some unfunny idiot a few years ago and his finale after completely dieing on stage was to get an audience members jacket, say it stinks and I'll wash it for you at which point it got dunked in a basin of water and off he went audience member with now soaking jacket was none to impressed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-43139065
don't know if anyone's seen her but you can imagine the scene in the Court Room:
"Next witnesses for the defendant: a few Pie and Bovril posters who will confirm that she is actually as funny as mince and not actually a comedian...."

Fair play to the guy, hope he wins. If Ray Parlours wife could claim direct involvement in his success on the park then surely this guy has a two pronged argument both he helped her get where she is and shes clearly profiting off him. Will watch with interest and hope he wins.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sounds a bit like the atmosphere at Johnny Vegas’ 1998 Fringe Show

I bloody love Johnny Vegas, but having seen him live a couple of times, his shows can feel a little bit like group therapy.

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sounds a bit like the atmosphere at Johnny Vegas’ 1998 Fringe Show

I might well have been at that show. A big Greek style building off Broughton Street? 

He was doing the pottery on stage caper still back then and in fairness, claimed to be "not a comedian but an entertainer".

In that " Still open all hours " he's fucking neither!

Radio 4 used to have some 'funnies' but has now given a series to the odious Bridget Christie.  The most I can say about her is that she's Susan Calman without the humour - though that's damning with faint praise.

Listen to this shite.  This is what the 'correct' BBC is bringing us these days:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09qfv98

10 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

That's what spoils it all for me. The audience.  Fair enough they've planned for a night out, probably looked forward to it. But they go there determined to laugh, and they do laugh, at whatever shite they're presented with. And it just encourages the same old formula acts to churn out the same old safe 'comedy'. There's a new generation come through since the 'alternative' comedy of the 80's and 90's and they haven't moved on. There's nothing new. I've had too much whisky tonight.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Radio 4 used to have some 'funnies' but has now given a series to the odious Bridget Christie.  The most I can say about her is that she's Susan Calman without the humour - though that's damning with faint praise.

Listen to this shite.  This is what the 'correct' BBC is bringing us these days:

The only thing I've heard recently on Radio 4 that sounded a bit original was The Hauntening. (The episode about the fridge). It was only 15 minutes long but showed a lot of promise. Sadly it was the last (of only two).

32 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

That's what spoils it all for me. The audience.  Fair enough they've planned for a night out, probably looked forward to it. But they go there determined to laugh, and they do laugh, at whatever shite they're presented with. And it just encourages the same old formula acts to churn out the same old safe 'comedy'. There's a new generation come through since the 'alternative' comedy of the 80's and 90's and they haven't moved on. There's nothing new. I've had too much whisky tonight.

Have you down as a Jim Davidson, Chubby Brown type fan.   You old cycling (pot) racist.  

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I broke my rule of not buying a ticket to see a female comedian but after reading so many good reviews I saw her at 11am at The Stand here. 

I was feeling rough admittedly and left after around 25 minutes. She was being very business like,  scoring a lot of unfunny political tap ins and seemed to feel as though she knew she was being shite because she kept saying anyone that left early was a brexit voter several times.  That was enough for me and I was out. 

Just now, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

WTF is a cycling (pot) racist?

Cycling is a bike based activity, whereby pedals are used to propel said vehicle because money is tight.  

Pot.  is short for potential.  

Racist is a term used for folk like you with your Black Sweden flag, coz there's been some black entry in Malmo.   Pathetic.   

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Miserable old sod, I laughed.

Managed the first 3-4 minutes, before being distracted by the canned laughter. Don’t know what my problem is but I just can’t watch or listen to anything as soon as I hear the overlaying laughter track anymore.
You start listening for it, waiting for it and predicting the next burst, before you know it, you’ve stopped listening to the material completely. A sure sign it just ain’t funny.
Sorry Bridget, I had to switch off, couldn’t sit through 30 minutes of that.
You’re right though Kinc, just more ‘correct’ yet uninspiring stuff from R4 which used to be such fertile ground.

There are better comics on P&B!