Mark Warburton

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So a pundit with a channel that covers the League, should not be entitled to say that a manager is not doing well and that his job is under threat?

Is that actually what you're saying here, or am I missing something?

Only if its regards rangers. They can discuss any other team. Rangers are easily offended wee souls.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rugster said:

What he said about Dunfermline was out of order and he basically accused them of cheating. What he said about Warburton was his opinion, and not a very controversial one at that either. He has nothing to apologise to Warburton for, and The Rangers need to stop throwing their dummy out the pram every time someone in the media says something they disagree with.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So a pundit with a channel that covers the League, should not be entitled to say that a manager is not doing well and that his job is under threat?

Is that actually what you're saying here, or am I missing something?

It's about what words are used and the manner of how he delivers these words. 99% of the time other pundits on tv manage to do this professionally. That's my point. As said Sutton has a history of this, DJ,Dunfermline,Delia, Gordon and Warburton. Imo, also his knowledge poor. Yes he has well over stepped the 'mark' :lol: on all of these examples and should apologise  if he did, as he has stated phoned Warburton, then Warburton should have answered or phoned him back  

imo yes an apology is due. I want to listen to knowledgeable pundits who give a balanced view in a professionally manner  Sutton would be a nothing if he wasn't so controversial, as he does not have the knowledge to have a constructive input to the discussions  

10 minutes ago, Myview said:

It's about what words are used and the manner of how he delivers these words. 99% of the time other pundits on tv manage to do this professionally. That's my point. As said Sutton has a history of this, DJ,Dunfermline,Delia, Gordon and Warburton. Imo, also his knowledge poor. Yes he has well over stepped the 'mark' :lol: on all of these examples and should apologise  if he did, as he has stated phoned Warburton, then Warburton should have answered or phoned him back  

imo yes an apology is due. I want to listen to knowledgeable pundits who give a balanced view in a professionally manner  Sutton would be a nothing if he wasn't so controversial, as he does not have the knowledge to have a constructive input to the discussions  

Utter pish. He said the job was too big for Warburton and he should go if they don't beat QOS and Aberdeen. None of that deserves and apology it's his opinion, and it's also a very accurate one.

On 10/19/2016 at 11:29, Myview said:

I'm not particularly mounting a wholesale defence of Sutton.  I too think he's something of an arse who deliberately provokes controversy for its own sake.

With regard to his Warburton remarks though, what was it that he actually did, in word or manner that so overstepped the mark that an apology strikes you as necessary?  I just don't see it.

Instead, I think your reading is based simply on a belief that a hitherto reasonably successful Rangers manager should not be subject to such criticism or speculation.  In other words, it's that sense of entitlement again - a belief that the treatment should somehow be different because it's Rangers.

If replying, please don't cite the Dunfermline remarks.  They were made thirteen years ago when he was a player, were utterly outrageous and are thoroughly irrelevant to what's being discussed here.   When you first mentioned them, I assumed he'd said something about them recently in his pundit capacity.

19 minutes ago, Myview said:

No you don't. You just want slavish, sugar coated shite just to pander to your baffling and wholly under deserved sense of entitlement. Feel free to disagree with what a pundit says, but demanding an apology from pundits or, as yours is fond of doing, excluding entire broadcasters, because they say something you don't like is petulant, infantile nonsense.

You don't want punditry, you don't want journalism, you want cheerleaders and sycophants churning out little more than the equivalent of a sevco-circle-jerk onto a Charles and Di tea towel. 

29 minutes ago, Myview said:

imo yes an apology is due. I want to listen to pundits like DJ and wee Barry  who give a balanced view in a professional manner  Sutton would be a nothing if he wasn't so controversial, as he does not have the knowledge to have a constructive input to the discussions  

Poor poor Tedi !

Seen a few comments above saying Sutton is clueless. He is a lot of things, but with regards to Scottish football he seems to have as wide a knowledge of the game than almost any other pundit covering the Scottish game, and probably better than most.

Undoubtedly he is deliberately outspoken and words his points to get publicity, but I definitely wouldn't say clueless.

No you don't. You just want slavish, sugar coated shite just to pander to your baffling and wholly under deserved sense of entitlement. Feel free to disagree with what a pundit says, but demanding an apology from pundits or, as yours is fond of doing, excluding entire broadcasters, because they say something you don't like is petulant, infantile nonsense.

You don't want punditry, you don't want journalism, you want cheerleaders and sycophants churning out little more than the equivalent of a sevco-circle-jerk onto a Charles and Di tea towel. 

Finger on the pulse Wullie, well played.

6 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

That's a picture that's going to be hard to shift.  Thanks for that.

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not particularly mounting a wholesale defence of Sutton.  I too think he's something of an arse who deliberately provokes controversy for its own sake.

With regard to his Warburton remarks though, what was it that he actually did, in word or manner that so overstepped the mark that an apology strikes you as necessary?  I just don't see it.

Instead, I think your reading is based simply on a belief that a hitherto reasonably successful Rangers manager should not be subject to such criticism or speculation.  In other words, it's that sense of entitlement again - a belief that the treatment should somehow be different because it's Rangers.

If replying, please don't cite the Dunfermline remarks.  They were made sixteen years ago when he was a player, were utterly outrageous and are thoroughly irrelevant to what's being discussed here.   When you first mentioned them, I assumed he'd said something about them recently in his pundit capacity.

Sorry cant remember the exact words Sutton used. Too long ago now. Doesn't matter if it was years ago and he was a player, it confirms Sutton's behaviour and character. I enjoy your posts MT,  wish you were a coach to debate with! 

11 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You are wrong. I don't want anything. I couldn't  care if he apologies or not I just think he should and I've already given my reasons why. They aren't the reasons you have given. 

11 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Poor poor Tedi !

Poor poor Myview! Tedi and Myview will return one day! However who are they? :lol:  

5 minutes ago, Myview said:

You are wrong. I don't want anything. I couldn't  care if he apologies or not I just think he should and I've already given my reasons why. They aren't the reasons you have given. 

No I'm not.

Aye you do.

You clearly do.

No you haven't.

Oh yes they are.

ETA Different clubs lads, talk about seeking out grievance.

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

PissedUpNKinky thinks we're talking about Rangers, bless. Let them go man, stop pumping their old bones. 

It's all you do and why you joined PIB, Tashybhoy.  Who else would you talk about on yet another Rangers thread?

It's all you do and why you joined PIB, Tashybhoy.  Who else would you talk about on yet another Rangers thread?

To laugh at that club dying, yes.
Always unsure why you think this is a stick you can beat me with, I've had a fucking great time, literally at the fans of your old and new clubs expense. Muchos.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

Always unsure why you think this is a stick you can beat me with, I've had a fucking great time, literally at the fans of your old and new clubs expense. Muchos.

And after so many exchanges you still can't fucking punctuate.  You really are a sorry mess.

Wait a minute.

Is Myview really saying that he doesn't know what Sutton said, but that he should definitely apologise and that discussions need to take place between BT and Rangers in order to find a way forward from these remarks, whatever they might have been?

Archived